Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I have not seen a clue for a gingerbread house, other than the earlier leaks of the figures... Both sites basically show the same thing: a promo calendar with a "to be revealed soon"...

6 minutes ago, Goverman said:

I have not seen a clue for a gingerbread house, other than the earlier leaks of the figures... Both sites basically show the same thing: a promo calendar with a "to be revealed soon"...

Seems a pretty big clue though !

36 minutes ago, Flippi01 said:

I'm not saying it can't be a gingerbread house. I'm just saying that the clues (mentioned on promobricks et al) do not provide new information. All we have are those leaks of gingerbread figures.

In that sense: these pictures of the calendar do not give new information in my view.

On 8/16/2019 at 8:24 PM, Celtchief said:

This is why I am kind of excited to get a Gingerbread house.  I already have Santa's workshop by itself on one side of the layout, and the town on the other.  Having a new "fantasy" or "magical" aspect added every now and then will allow both sides to grow.  And i use the train to connect the two sides.    Like the polar express.   

This is a brilliant idea. If the gingerbread house does end up being this year's WV set, definitely post pictures of this setup. I'd love to see this thing play out in a photo!

9 hours ago, mirecg said:

Very soon is not soon enough :D

But I'm afraid it won't fit my Winter Village though. I wish the came up with a more "real" type of building. 

Now we can sit and wait :) 

My Winter Village 2018 https://www.flickr.com/gp/184362663@N07/F9Y926

Looks great! Are you using premade light kits or did you do them yourself? I've been thinking of attempting to light my village as well but its a daunting task. It will be interesting just finding space for new buildings this year.

Heres last years village 

20181229_200222

1 hour ago, Legobrickbro said:

Wow your Winter Village looks Amazing !!

Thank you :)

11 minutes ago, Blackpool said:

Looks great! Are you using premade light kits or did you do them yourself? I've been thinking of attempting to light my village as well but its a daunting task. It will be interesting just finding space for new buildings this year.

Heres last years village 

20181229_200222

Thank you, I like your Village also very much. 

I made them by myself - I uploaded also some pictures of the wires, leds .... to the foto stream so you can have a look. 

Yes it seams, it will be a tough task for you to find a place for new additions :) The place is also an issue for me, but I want still more and more of the WV buildings. 

23 hours ago, Flippi01 said:

No it's not. The picture is staged. It shows two already existing gingerbreadfigures. The one as promo in front of the box it came in, and the one from the minfigs series in front of the bag it came in. So no real clues.

Pretty sure the tile with a ginger bread baby was a never before seen piece .... as too the female ginger Bread character with a skirt ...

Edited by Flippi01
Extra info

1 minute ago, Flippi01 said:

Pretty sure the tile with a ginger bread baby was a never before seen....

But that is not on the picture shown by "Promobricks". So the picture on "Promobricks" holds no clues, and the Italian site with the store calender they refer to, doesn't show any picture of gingerbread figures. So I don't understand why they use this as "proof" the gingerbread house coming. There is absolutely no clue to be seen there.

Edited by Paul van Nuil

They are just not showing the leaked pics as they don’t want to get a copyright infringement- the leaked pics of the gingerbread family is where all the speculation comes from and seems to be a big clue !

11 hours ago, Paul van Nuil said:

But that is not on the picture shown by "Promobricks". So the picture on "Promobricks" holds no clues, and the Italian site with the store calender they refer to, doesn't show any picture of gingerbread figures. So I don't understand why they use this as "proof" the gingerbread house coming. There is absolutely no clue to be seen there.

The leaked minifigures have led to the WV set being a gingerbread house for some time now, because that’s the only place these minifigures could fit. The leaked male gingerbread minifigure is new, having a mustache. 

Hi guys, are you ready? This set may be released on September 13, this Friday, just as the Disney train was released on August 13th, after three months of discussion. Although the final set is a gingerbread house that we don't like very much, I still look forward to seeing the final picture.

Edited by bbrousong

21 hours ago, Flippi01 said:

They are just not showing the leaked pics as they don’t want to get a copyright infringement- the leaked pics of the gingerbread family is where all the speculation comes from and seems to be a big clue !

We are forgetting something. Not too long ago (maybe a year) 1 or 2 Ideas Gingerbread House projects were rejected. I forget exactly but they may have been removed from consideration. The feeling was that they were removed because of some planned Winter Village set. When the little cardboard box set with the minifig came out, most assumed that that was the conflict. But in hindsight it may be this years Winter Village set. The D2C sets start development and planning around 24 months out. 

Valid point above - can’t believe it won’t be a gingerbread house , if it’s not what could it possibly be not even a hint as an alternative .... who knows when maybe even today for the reveal !!??

It is 100% a gingerbread house, NDA's have been signed, announcement will be here very soon. 

Site like Promobricks act like they heard some rumors, but that's mostly a lie. They know it's a gingerbread house because they already have the images. 

Edited by BrickJohn

Wow that looks great. I like how it's not over the top gingerbread. Could easily be a Tudor-style home. Love it.

Avail Oct 1, no mention of VIP but I think it's likely. (maybe not?)

Edited by CDM

I didn't really like the sound of a gingerbread house, but this looks actually incredible! The price is also really good for that many pieces, and the gingerbread baby is insanely cute.

1 minute ago, BasDeBeer said:

I didn't really like the sound of a gingerbread house, but this looks actually incredible! The price is also really good for that many pieces, and the gingerbread baby is insanely cute.

My thoughts exactly! 

I was slightly skeptical, although not nearly as skeptical as some. On first glance, I love it. It should fit in really nicely with the other sets. They did a great job balancing the fantasy of a gingerbread house with the aesthetic of a village home. The proof will obviously be in the building and final display, but I’ll definitely be buying it.