Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

The mini gingerbread house that was a GWP three years ago was so popular that I think it is a very safe bet by Lego to do a full size gingerbread house. It would work very well on its own as a stand-alone decoration. I hear you on wishing for a proper village building, I do too, but I am still pleased with the idea of a gingerbread house and I don’t think I’ll have any trouble working it into my village, except for that whole issue of space (or lack thereof). 

Looks like there might be a new picture out there.  Another female gingerbread minifigure - this time with a skirt piece

I like the idea of releasing something different once in a while. 

(The Gingerbread Woman I see on IG is the same that leaked before)

31 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

(The Gingerbread Woman I see on IG is the same that leaked before)

I couldn't remember if the previous picture of the gingerbread lady withe baby/tile had the skirt piece.  

10 minutes ago, Arstotle said:

I couldn't remember if the previous picture of the gingerbread lady withe baby/tile had the skirt piece.  

Yes. She did. In some pics she had it

Yep it’s the same image - nothing winter village related since then Lego really have got on top of leaks it seems. The only leak of the Disney train were the figures so perhaps a similar pattern here? The shot with the tile baby gingerbread was kind of cute ...!

5 minutes ago, incognito said:

Not every Lego set gets a teaser campaign. I would expect a normal press release (maybe with some reviews).

No they don’t, but last years winter village fire station did so not unreasonable to think this might too ...!?

With the stars wars release grabbing the 18th Sep Vip slot, maybe we are looking at a 1st October Vip release for winter village ..?

Yeah, they'll reveal this set next week, and then it'll be available for VIP's the week after.  But this is certainly the latest in the year that I can ever remember the reveal of the Winter Village set occurring.  

Its only a bit annoying. We can be patient right!?!:wink: Until then there are Frozen 2 set leaks on IG if anyone's interested

use hashtag legoleaks - search by recent - and then start scrolling down. Its probably a ways down the list by now

4 hours ago, Legobrickbro said:

Anyone know when we will get the images ?

Sometime between now and the 18th.

Could be as soon as Monday but I doubt it. They probably want to ride the hype of the new UCS set for a bit.

On 9/7/2019 at 11:54 PM, CDM said:

Sometime between now and the 18th.

Has the18th being co firmed as the ViP release anywhere ? Is it usual to have two vip realese sets at the same time ? 

3 hours ago, Flippi01 said:

Is it usual to have two vip realese sets at the same time ? 

I've not seen confirmation anywhere else as of yet however in 2017 & 2018 the winter village set was 1 of 2 VIP early releases in the month of Sept.

5 hours ago, CDM said:

I've not seen confirmation anywhere else as of yet however in 2017 & 2018 the winter village set was 1 of 2 VIP early releases in the month of Sept.

Cheers that is good to know ! 

According to the Brick Show/Promobricks the Gingerbread House will be revealed very soon!