Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I think Gingerbread house is from Ideas set because I just saw Gingerbread house on Ideas website and it’s has 10000 votes

Edited by Legobrickbro

4 hours ago, Legobrickbro said:

I think Gingerbread house is from Ideas set because I just saw Gingerbread house on Ideas website and it’s has 10000 votes

Ideas Gingerbread House was rejected 4 years ago.

We started getting official teases from TLG in the last week of August 2018, with the official reveal on September 9th.  Hopefully that means we'll start to get some official hints next week.  Maybe even get a look at the holiday GWP's.

On 8/23/2019 at 3:07 PM, Blackpool said:

I don't think we can assume we are getting a large carousel just because the creator expert one is going out of production. (although it sounds like it would be cool) Did the store employee actually say that its a carousel? As far as I know the employees often don't know anymore than we do, many time less

No sorry.  I am unaware of any new carousel sets.  I meant for this year we are going to use the current Creator Carousel as our new holiday set for this year.  It will be new to us as we just purchased it. 

2 hours ago, LegoDW said:

No sorry.  I am unaware of any new carousel sets.  I meant for this year we are going to use the current Creator Carousel as our new holiday set for this year.  It will be new to us as we just purchased it. 

haha ya sorry for the misunderstanding. sounds like it could look good with a winter theme going on. Post some pics when you get it finished!

On 8/24/2019 at 4:32 PM, Sammael said:

Ideas Gingerbread House was rejected 4 years ago.

Is there only one?  Since Lego Ideas is filled with... ideas...  like saying 'the medieval set' refers to only one specific set.  Now of course there may be only one Gingerbread House with 10,000 votes.  Idk. The devil's advocate in me I guess.

----------------------------

After reviewing the current offerings I see there is only the one with 10,000 votes that states it is Not Approved. 

I prefer this Gingerbread house myself.

On another note, I have still not seen any of these leaks about this years set.

Edited by Rockstaremcee

1 hour ago, Rockstaremcee said:

Is there only one?  Since Lego Ideas is filled with... ideas...  like saying 'the medieval set' refers to only one specific set.  Now of course there may be only one Gingerbread House with 10,000 votes.  Idk. The devil's advocate in me I guess.

----------------------------

After reviewing the current offerings I see there is only the one with 10,000 votes that states it is Not Approved. 

I prefer this Gingerbread house myself.

On another note, I have still not seen any of these leaks about this years set.

I think the one commonly referenced in this thread is from 2014 by Swan Dutchman. Mainly people are poking fun at TLG - insinuating that they intentionally don't approve sets so they can simply steal the idea and come out with it later. I think most people understand this is not the reality but its fun to throw on our tin foil hats sometimes. :wink:

While it is not the Winter Village set there was the Xtra bag which I haven't seen in this thread which includes (among other things) a husky, snow shoes, and fence parts which match the ones in the Christmas Town Square from a couple of years ago. I saw in on IG so not sure if the image can be posted here.

11 minutes ago, timemail said:

While it is not the Winter Village set there was the Xtra bag which I haven't seen in this thread which includes (among other things) a husky, snow shoes, and fence parts which match the ones in the Christmas Town Square from a couple of years ago. I saw in on IG so not sure if the image can be posted here.

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-40368-xtra-winterliches-zubehoer-kommen/84993

5 hours ago, Flippi01 said:

wasn't it this day last year we got some form of leaks and or clues? no buzz or anticipation this year...?

So far they are being pretty tight lipped about things. We've gotta get something soon though...at least I hope!

9 minutes ago, Blackpool said:

So far they are being pretty tight lipped about things. We've gotta get something soon though...at least I hope!

I think they should throw us a bone and give us a hint or a tease or something???

This Xtra polybag is nice but what about the amount of pieces in it? It's a shame to have such a low amount in a polybag when you remember the past year's Xtra polybags...

Still no peak at the official Winter Village set, this is weird. I hope we'll have something soon, September is close by, now. Only a few days remaining and the wait is over.

With Lego teasing the new Star Wars set reveal on September 5, I doubt we get any official teases or reveals of the WV set until that has passed.

I regrettably have to agree with you, @RyanMe!

According to stonewars, 10267 will actually be a Gingerbread House with 1.477 parts and will be available on October 1st with an early VIP access on September 18th.

So for sure its reveal will be later than the one of the UCS ISD - like last year very likely only some days before, so I'd say 15th of September.

For me this is a huge disappointment since I was looking forward to some sort of a winter village town square with two buildings to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the WV (like TLG did in the CC style line). A gingerbread house imo doesn't fullfill that and could be released another year, too. :thumbdown:

All this really tells us is - well - nothing - It's still just speculation and contains no info that has not been aired before in this forum.

Fingers crossed for something else - but i'm sure. with a bit of thought it can turned into a candy store or some-such.

9 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

I regrettably have to agree with you, @RyanMe!

According to stonewars, 10267 will actually be a Gingerbread House with 1.477 parts and will be available on October 1st with an early VIP access on September 18th. 

7 hours ago, stebai said:

All this really tells us is - well - nothing - It's still just speculation and contains no info that has not been aired before in this forum.

Fingers crossed for something else - but i'm sure. with a bit of thought it can turned into a candy store or some-such.

Exactly. Keeping my fingers crossed as well but I'm pretty much expecting a gingerbread house any day now

8 hours ago, Flippi01 said:

But when will we get a teaser ...?

Patience is not really your strong suit is it :wacko:

Like always we will get it when we get it :shrug_oh_well:

Perfectly patient thank you ! Curious as to why we have had no leaks or teasers so far though - this is the latest I can ever recall that nothing has been given away - that said I personally assume the gingerbread house is correct the leaked image of the gingerbread family seems a long way away now ...

I'm hoping that if it is a gingerbread house it won't be too difficult to take away the decorative candy all over the house to make a small winter cottage.