Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

personally feel that leaked gingerbread mother , father and baby are very strong hints that it will be gingerbread house ..

19 minutes ago, Flippi01 said:

personally feel that leaked gingerbread mother , father and baby are very strong hints that it will be gingerbread house ..

Absolutely. I can't see a "gift with purchase" having THREE new prints.

If the choices are a re-release of the (IMHO) oversized Cottage and a Gingerbread house, I would much rather have the latter. That way the GWP house from a few years ago can be a playhouse for kid minifigs.

I would be inclined to treat a gingerbread house as a Santa/Christmas grotto as opposed to a residential building with living Gingerbread folks.

I have loved seeing the MOCs members here have made of full sized gingerbread houses over the years, so keen to see what Lego do with it. 

16 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The question would be: What other characters could they include?

Because I don't think anyone needs 7-8 gingerbread people

I also thought about this problem if LEGO's approach is radical enough. I think we will only get two gingerbread people in the end. After all, before the release of the Disney train, all the minifigures were leaked, and we have only seen two gingerbread people so far.

Well it seems that there's not much hope left for the ones who didn't want this year's set to be a Gingerbread House. I would have preferred something else too, but I'm sure we'll find a way to include it in our Winter Village, one way or another.

I'm looking forward to seeing the first pics of the set. The sooner the better to try and see how it can fit in my own village.

Totally in the 'wait and see' camp now. I've purchased the WV set every year (including the toy store re-release:sceptic:) so this year won't be any different. Space is really becoming an issue in my display so if we indeed get a gingerbread house I might move Santa's workshop out of the village and create a second display that is more fantasy based. I suppose it really just depends on the size and scale of it all

7 hours ago, Blackpool said:

Totally in the 'wait and see' camp now. I've purchased the WV set every year (including the toy store re-release:sceptic:) so this year won't be any different. Space is really becoming an issue in my display so if we indeed get a gingerbread house I might move Santa's workshop out of the village and create a second display that is more fantasy based. I suppose it really just depends on the size and scale of it all

This is why I am kind of excited to get a Gingerbread house.  I already have Santa's workshop by itself on one side of the layout, and the town on the other.  Having a new "fantasy" or "magical" aspect added every now and then will allow both sides to grow.  And i use the train to connect the two sides.    Like the polar express.   

19 hours ago, Blackpool said:

I might move Santa's workshop out of the village and create a second display that is more fantasy based.

11 hours ago, Celtchief said:

And i use the train to connect the two sides.    Like the polar express.   

I wasn't 100% behind the idea of a gingerbread house, but these are great ideas. I can really picture that working well :thumbup:

If this does turn out to be a gingerbread house, instead of simply being a house where gingerbread people live, I hope it's more of a sweet shop with a gingerbread facade.  The gingerbread figures we've seen could be thought to be employees in costume, or even some sort of mannequins, as opposed to being real gingerbread people.  I still think that, with 1400+ pieces, we could very well get a second, smaller build that will add to the village nicely.    

1 hour ago, Brickthrower said:

Where can i see this gingerbread family leak, any pics online?

Instagram. Forum rules mean they can't be posted here but you can still find them

8 hours ago, Arstotle said:

I still think that, with 1400+ pieces, we could very well get a second, smaller build that will add to the village nicely.    

I'd say that much is guaranteed - every Winter Village set has had some sort of secondary/side build, because the idea is to build them with family, so two or more different parts can be done simultaneously.

16 hours ago, tafkatb said:

I'd say that much is guaranteed - every Winter Village set has had some sort of secondary/side build, because the idea is to build them with family, so two or more different parts can be done simultaneously.

What I mean is that the secondary build may be more significant than usual.  If we look at the builds in the three Winter Village sets with piece counts over 1000

Cottage - 1490 pieces - Large, elaborate cottage (IMO out of scale with the rest of the winter village), a vehicle, a small shed

Market - 1261 pieces - Moderately sized carousel, and three minor stands

Fire Station - 1166 pieces - Large building, vehicle, pond

In the descriptions, I've omitted the tiny side builds - benches, igloo, tree, etc.  I'm assuming that Lego is going to do something remarkable for the 10th anniversary set (this may be an incorrect assumption).  With 1400+ pieces, I'm guessing we see one of two things:

1) A very elaborate Gingerbread House, which would hopefully still fit in with the rest of the winter village, along with 1-2 minor builds

2) A Gingerbread House more in keeping with the caliber of the toy shop, bakery and post office, along with a secondary build more significant than we have seen before - perhaps even another building that would be nearly the same size

We haven't seen a winter village set this big in over five years.  We saw last year that Lego can do quite a bit with 1100 pieces, so unless they go overboard on the gingerbread house, I'm betting we get something like option #2, maybe with 1.5 - 2 full scale buildings - along the lines of Assembly Square.

My assumption is that we'll get a large, intricately decorated gingerbread house, with loads of small pieces being used to create the decorations, which would soon eat in to the parts count.

Although previous Winter village buildings have been open backed, I'm wondering if this one will be fully enclosed, maybe with a roof that can be taken off to reveal a detailed interior.

I know that wouldn't be in keeping with previous sets, but I just can't imagine the open back style suiting a gingerbread house all that well. So if it does turn out be a fully enclosed building then this would also help to explain the larger than usual piece count.

I think an open back gingerbread house is still a possibility. I would likely require a departure from the classic gingerbread house and be something more elaborate. I'm thinking something with multiple stories kind of like a small doll house

I'm going to hold any additional comments regarding the Gingerbread house till pictures are released.  I'm leaning toward not interested, hopefully it will be a great build and change my mind.

8 hours ago, LegoDW said:

I'm going to hold any additional comments regarding the Gingerbread house till pictures are released.  I'm leaning toward not interested, hopefully it will be a great build and change my mind.

Same here! Can't wait for the pictures to be available and finally decide if I'm on board or not.

But when will we see an image ? Seems all the fun of early leaks had gone ..??

Edited by Flippi01
Typo

On 8/20/2019 at 11:10 PM, LegoDW said:

Ok have a comment.  Was looking at Lego Shop at Home and the Creator Expert Carousel is on back order.  They had one at my local Lego Store so I purchased it.  The store employee said this set was soon going out of production. So for this years Christmas display addition, looks like we are going to have a large Carousel.  Will have to add a few white plates for snow.  Hopefully the kids will like it.  Maybe Santa and his elves will be riders?

18 hours ago, LegoDW said:

Ok have a comment.  Was looking at Lego Shop at Home and the Creator Expert Carousel is on back order.  They had one at my local Lego Store so I purchased it.  The store employee said this set was soon going out of production. So for this years Christmas display addition, looks like we are going to have a large Carousel.  Will have to add a few white plates for snow.  Hopefully the kids will like it.  Maybe Santa and his elves will be riders?

I don't think we can assume we are getting a large carousel just because the creator expert one is going out of production. (although it sounds like it would be cool) Did the store employee actually say that its a carousel? As far as I know the employees often don't know anymore than we do, many time less

On 8/17/2019 at 4:32 PM, Blackpool said:

Instagram. Forum rules mean they can't be posted here but you can still find them

I feel like I may have skimmed over this at some point but that must explain why I feel there is never (IMO) a proper or corresponding link when people post things.

-------------------
I am thrilled to have stumbled upon this thread today.  To get on a jump on the holidays this year over last year I have already started filling a curio cabinet with my holiday builds.  Now I need to go search some images.

9 hours ago, Blackpool said:

I don't think we can assume we are getting a large carousel just because the creator expert one is going out of production. (although it sounds like it would be cool) Did the store employee actually say that its a carousel? As far as I know the employees often don't know anymore than we do, many time less

I believe @LegoDW is just referring to the fact they just purchased the carousel and will add it to their winter village display this year. 

17 minutes ago, alsielou said:

I believe @LegoDW is just referring to the fact they just purchased the carousel and will add it to their winter village display this year. 

Oh haha. I guess I didn't catch what he was getting at. Makes sense now....whoops