Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Hmmm

I wouldn't surprise me if this turns out to be the case....

I would be surprised. I think TLG got a lot of bad feedback when the re-released the toy shop. Would be a shame if this was the case for the 10th anniversary. Plus I think the rumored piece count wouldn't line up with a bakery

They get a lot of bad feedback over the SDCC exclusives every year and they dont seem to care...

8 hours ago, (1)Stein said:

It will be a re-release of 10216 Winter Village Backery.... ? But I would finally want a candy store! 

I don't know where you got this rumor, but I totally disagree with it. The first 10216 bakery has only 687 pieces, but the new set has 1400 pieces. This difference is hard to convince. How did the second gingerbread man appear in the bakery set? I don’t think it’s right.

2 hours ago, Blackpool said:

我会感到惊讶。我认为当重新发布玩具店时,TLG得到了很多不好的反馈。如果这是10周年的情况,那将是一种耻辱。此外,我认为谣传的计件不会与面包店对齐

I don't think this is true

19 hours ago, Robert8 said:

They get a lot of bad feedback over the SDCC exclusives every year and they dont seem to care...

Very true. I suppose the only difference is that for SDCC they get a lot of hype and exposure from those exclusives. Even though a large portion of Lego fans don't like this its still a net gain for Lego. WV obviously doesn't get that kind of attention so re-releasing a set only stands to come with less sales for that year. That's at least my theory on it. 

On 8/7/2019 at 2:53 AM, Blackpool said:

I would be surprised. I think TLG got a lot of bad feedback when the re-released the toy shop. Would be a shame if this was the case for the 10th anniversary. Plus I think the rumored piece count wouldn't line up with a bakery

While this is true, it was the re-release that got me into building a VW, so for some of us, it was a good thing! 

37 minutes ago, jpx said:

While this is true, it was the re-release that got me into building a VW, so for some of us, it was a good thing! 

I feel exactly the same; the rereleased Toy Shop was the first major purchase I made towards building my city layout (man has it already been two years since I started New Babylon?) and it has pride of place in the Winter Village area. I have been searching for a good deal on the Winter Village Bakery for years, so if they do rerelease it, I’d buy the hell out of that set . . though it would be kind of lame to do that on the 10th anniversary of WV. I’d rather see something big like Assembly Square this year and then a Bakery rerelease next year, personally. 

On 8/6/2019 at 10:22 PM, bbrousong said:

I don't know where you got this rumor, but I totally disagree with it. The first 10216 bakery has only 687 pieces, but the new set has 1400 pieces. This difference is hard to convince. How did the second gingerbread man appear in the bakery set? I don’t think it’s right.

With the new set rumored at 1400 pieces, could we possibly see a remake of the original winter cottage (1455 pieces)

2 hours ago, RyanMe said:

With the new set rumored at 1400 pieces, could we possibly see a remake of the original winter cottage (1455 pieces)

Ah, that would be great!!!

18 hours ago, RyanMe said:

Since I've been searching for the best deals to complete my WV collection (I only started earlier this year), I would be more than happy with a release of any of the oldest sets starting from 10235 - WV Market and previous. But sincerely for a special anniversary like that, I would expect something a bit more exceptional than a re-edition...

On 8/8/2019 at 10:05 AM, Feng-huang0296 said:

I feel exactly the same; the rereleased Toy Shop was the first major purchase I made towards building my city layout (man has it already been two years since I started New Babylon?) and it has pride of place in the Winter Village area. I have been searching for a good deal on the Winter Village Bakery for years, so if they do rerelease it, I’d buy the hell out of that set . . though it would be kind of lame to do that on the 10th anniversary of WV. I’d rather see something big like Assembly Square this year and then a Bakery rerelease next year, personally. 

I completely agree with you Feng-huang0296, something like the Assembly Square sould be perfect! I expect a big building and several smaller ones to complete the set.

I find it rather curious that we never got something as basic as a ski-related building, or a luge platform with many minifigs fighting with snowballs (something big, not just the mini size walls we got in a few polybags). I would like to buy a ski lodge along with a small ski / luge track. Does that sound wintery enough?

14 hours ago, GwladysM said:

Since I've been searching for the best deals to complete my WV collection (I only started earlier this year), I would be more than happy with a release of any of the oldest sets starting from 10235 - WV Market and previous. But sincerely for a special anniversary like that, I would expect something a bit more exceptional than a re-edition...

I completely agree with you Feng-huang0296, something like the Assembly Square sould be perfect! I expect a big building and several smaller ones to complete the set.

I find it rather curious that we never got something as basic as a ski-related building, or a luge platform with many minifigs fighting with snowballs (something big, not just the mini size walls we got in a few polybags). I would like to buy a ski lodge along with a small ski / luge track. Does that sound wintery enough?

I'll be waiting to see if the WV is ski related or not as well. Assuming its not, I plan to adapt the new City ski set (60203). It will need a little bit of altering and probably some recoloring to fit the WV line but I think its workable.

In regards to re-releasing sets, I'm all in favor of it because the secondary market is crazy expensive. I just would like to see them re-release a set along side a new one each year. I'm sure its probably cost prohibitive for Lego to do that but it would keep long time collectors happy and allow for new collectors to get some of the older sets. 

Edited by Blackpool

With the leak of the Gingerbread baby and the already leaked Gingerbread couple it seems like this years WV set will be the Gingerbread House. 

55 minutes ago, 7982Brick2 said:

With the leak of the Gingerbread baby and the already leaked Gingerbread couple it seems like this years WV set will be the Gingerbread House. 

Its certainly looking that way. Would be slightly disappointing but like I posted earlier, there are ways to make it work

These leaks are interesting.  I know that Series 19 has already been revealed, but I've often thought that a CMF series (particularly one released later in the year) dedicated toward winter would be a really good seller, and 2-3 gingerbread people would have been good choices for such a series.  I will say that the baby is pretty weak if it's just a printed tile.  They've got a nice baby mold now.  

1400+ pieces is still an awfully big set.  I know the cottage was that big, but I've always felt that building is out of scale with the rest of the line.  It's just a bit too big compared to the rest of the Winter Village buildings.  Perhaps the set will include a couple moderately sized buildings - maybe a gingerbread house and a candy store?  Those would kinda go together.  

Edited by Arstotle

Yeah but neither of the current baby molds look like a cookie, so the printed tile looks fine. Its plain like the gingebread people head molds so it fits

Could the gingerbread family just be a gift with purchase?

I wouldn't mind a bakery or candy shop that's decorated as a gingerbread house, but I'm not sure how I feel about a gingerbread family in a Winter Village set. Perhaps they're just part of the decor for a building? 

I feel like the winter village is part "winter village" and a smaller part "Christmas Fantasy" as noted by the fact that the is a Santa's Workshop and Elves.  I feel like if every 5 years or so they are going to do a fantasy set, then that would fit in with a Gingerbread house.  

1 hour ago, Celtchief said:

I feel like the winter village is part "winter village" and a smaller part "Christmas Fantasy" as noted by the fact that the is a Santa's Workshop and Elves.  I feel like if every 5 years or so they are going to do a fantasy set, then that would fit in with a Gingerbread house.  

Good idea, maybe the winter village will not let lego pay enough attention to celebrate the 10th anniversary of this series, so it’s just a regular five-year fantasy theme set.

7 hours ago, autolycus said:

Could the gingerbread family just be a gift with purchase?

I wouldn't mind a bakery or candy shop that's decorated as a gingerbread house, but I'm not sure how I feel about a gingerbread family in a Winter Village set. Perhaps they're just part of the decor for a building? 

That could be real fun, a candy store decorated in that way. I do kinda agree with you on a gingerbread family, it seems weird. Those cookies are certainly heavily involved with Christmas, but having cookies being real & mingling with the others is strange.  His just make them people dressed up as the cookies. 

I think 10267 will be Gingerbread House because of the 'set' and 'end 2019' phrases and #legocreatorexpert hashtag.

And they don't use inappropriate hashtags (for the Disney train and station post, they used #legodisney)

19 hours ago, Calunca said:
I think 10267 will be Gingerbread House because of the 'set' and 'end 2019' phrases and #legocreatorexpert hashtag.

And they don't use inappropriate hashtags (for the Disney train and station post, they used #legodisney)

It seems that this is true, I am very disappointed, I may save money to buy Harry Potter.

I think the situation is now clear. This winter set will be a gingerbread house.
It will be on sale on October 1 and will be pre-sold on September 21. We should see the details of the package announcement around September 13. Maybe there will be new gingerbread people leaking before this.
In fact, the gingerbread house may not be too bad. 1400 pieces means a lot of details, you can think of it as a candy store, I think the price may be $119

Edited by bbrousong

The question would be: What other characters could they include?

Because I don't think anyone needs 7-8 gingerbread people

Seems a lack of excitement regarding this year's WV set in past years this forum used to be buzz with excitement ? I think TLG ability to keep leaks to a minimum has deflated things a bit. I think VIP access from the 1st September and general release from 15th Sep should mean hopefully a few leaks last few days of August..? 

8 hours ago, bbrousong said:

I think the situation is now clear. This winter set will be a gingerbread house.

What makes you so sure?