Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Thank you very much for the news! :classic:

I hope that the rumor of this year's WV set being a gingerbread house is wrong! It would really be a let-down:

1. Since a gingerbread house is something inspired by fairytales, which minifigs should be included there apart from the gingerbread man and woman while keeping it Christmas based in the same time?! On the one side putting regular minifigs, maybe even a vehicle, in this set would be conflicting and strange. On the other hand only getting two minifigs would be unappealing.

2. All buildings til now have been realistic buildings which fitted very well in the WV. (I later changed my mind and bought Santa's Workshop because the building looks really good and you can use it as a small toy factory.) A huge gingerbread house, in contrast, is nothing real existing and would absolutely not fit inside a WV. (As a very small set yes, but not as a decent sized building.)

3. In nine years of the WV we haven't seen any candy shop yet although it's something that important when thinking about this theme. The same goes for a town hall. So I really hope we'll get them this year.

4. This year is the tenth anniversary of the WV. If TLG gave us for this occasion only one building, this would really be a shame. Since I hope that it'll be the same case like with the Cafe Corner buildings where the Assembly Square did not only include one but more buildings.

I wouldn't mind a small minifig scale gingerbread house - but only a small one and as a GWP or little set and not as the Creator Expert set for the 10th anniversary of the Winter Village!

It would be like display on a store.

So the gingerbread people could be like part of the display with random people walking around

Well yes, I could imagine this, @Robert8.

Nevertheless my opinion is that there are so many much more needed buildings for a winter village left (candy shop, village hall, grocery, hotel, ski hut, ...) than this one.

Maybe we've got luck and the gingerbread house is only one of two buildings in this year's WV set. I could imagine a candy shop or a village hall combined with a gingerbread house. Although I must say that I don't want to imagine it!

7 hours ago, GarmadonFan said:

Where did the original gingerbread house rumor originate?  

From the leaked figures.

They are not from Series 19

There was already a Gingerbread Man promo set like 2 years ago

What else could it be?

Could be from a gift with purchase set or a smaller seasonal build. We usually get a couple small sets each holiday season

I heard that Lego will release the Disney Train Set in September. The set also includes the main street train station. This is really the irony of the winter train and the winter train station that were released in the previous two years. Because compared to these two simple winter set, this set of Disney , which include both steam train and train station, will be more attractive and popular.

Edited by bbrousong

2 hours ago, bbrousong said:

Because compared to these two simple winter set, this set of Disney , which include both steam train and train station, will be more attractive and popular.

I guess that depends on how well they look and the price of the set, the Disney tax usually increase the price a lot on the sets :wacko:

2 hours ago, bbrousong said:

I heard that Lego will release the Disney Train Set in September. The set also includes the main street train station. This is really the irony of the winter train and the winter train station that were released in the previous two years. Because compared to these two simple winter set, this set of Disney , which include both steam train and train station, will be more attractive and popular.

Oh my I'm so enthusiastic about this Disney steam train rumour! Finally Goofy and Pluto minifigs which are long overdue...

If this ends up being real, between this year's WV, the SW UCS, the Disney Castle which I have been wanting for over 6 months now but still haven't bought, and this train + station, I'm gonna be broke for X-mas :D

Broke but happy!

We got a fire station last year, surely a police station can't be that far behind?

Though I'm not sure if that'd be good or bad...

3 hours ago, charlesp1138 said:

We got a fire station last year, surely a police station can't be that far behind?

Though I'm not sure if that'd be good or bad...

Well, we thought that back with the Fire Brigade Modular...still no sign. :look:

12 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Well, we thought that back with the Fire Brigade Modular...still no sign. :look:

That's true. I ended up just designing my own police modular.

Not like there's a shortage of police stations though.

The Disney train might work out ok as an extra WV train. I already have both the WV train and Hogwarts Express going around. Might need a bigger table tho :sceptic:

On 7/27/2019 at 9:56 PM, Klaus-Dieter said:

1. Since a gingerbread house is something inspired by fairytales

So was Santa's workshop and that was a fun set. The tiny gingerbread set that was free is HUGELY popular. So I think a full-size one would be a hit.

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 8:12 AM, Maple said:

So was Santa's workshop and that was a fun set. The tiny gingerbread set that was free is HUGELY popular. So I think a full-size one would be a hit.

If we end up with a larger scale ginger bread house my plan is to move the small one to work with Santa's workshop and the large one would become part of the WV Fairgrounds (This is what I call the area with the carousel and food stalls) I'm curious how anyone else here would work a larger gingerbread house into their display

Don't believe this years offering will be a Ginger Bread house.  This would be stepping too far outside the previous sets.  Feel will be a building in a typical village.  Guessing: Police station, hotel, grocery store, or candy store.  Wishing for a ski lodge or ice skating rink, doubtful on ether these two.  Wouldn't be surprised if TLG offered as a Ginger Bread house set, just not part of the winter village theme.  

Wouldn’t a pet shop be a logical choice for a future set?  Folks sometimes bring pets into their homes for the holidays...

6 hours ago, SFmuscle73 said:

Wouldn’t a pet shop be a logical choice for a future set?  Folks sometimes bring pets into their homes for the holidays...

Oh that would be awesome, a wintery cottage pet shop. I'll be sad if we never get something like that now.

I'd prefer another village building to a gingerbread house. If it's a gingerbread house I would probably also incorporate it into the WV market. Otherwise, maybe I would place it near Santa's workshop, declare the gingerbread man one of Santa's employees, and make a North pole scene instead of keeping the workshop near the village. No more ambiguous Santa, he'd be confirmed the real deal

On 8/2/2019 at 12:30 PM, Blackpool said:

If we end up with a larger scale ginger bread house my plan is to move the small one to work with Santa's workshop and the large one would become part of the WV Fairgrounds (This is what I call the area with the carousel and food stalls) I'm curious how anyone else here would work a larger gingerbread house into their display

I would likely either make it a prop house to take photos in/in front of or have it be an over enthusiastic home owner who goes crazy at Christmas. 

12 hours ago, Vindicare said:

I would likely either make it a prop house to take photos in/in front of or have it be an over enthusiastic home owner who goes crazy at Christmas. 

That's a cool idea! I hadn't considered making it a residence

It will be a re-release of 10216 Winter Village Backery.... ? But I would finally want a candy store! 

17 minutes ago, (1)Stein said:

It will be a re-release of 10216 Winter Village Backery.... ? But I would finally want a candy store! 

Really? How do you know that?