Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Massachusetts used to have a village called Dana, it was destroyed in 1938 to give water to Boston. Population was around 800. You can still walk around the old village square, and the basements are still there. The village had a hotel, country store, school and a town hall that used to be a church that was moved. So yeah villages can have town halls.

16 hours ago, Legomaster34 said:

I just noticed last year's Winter Village Station is listed as sold out on LEGO's website. I thought these sets usually lasted two years? I prioritized the train this year because I thought that one would retire sooner than the station.

It doesn't have a "retiring soon" tag so will probably be back in stock but not in time for Christmas.

7 hours ago, Kalahari134 said:

It doesn't have a "retiring soon" tag so will probably be back in stock but not in time for Christmas.

Ahhhh I see. I didn't remember seeing a set go "sold out" and come back before, so that's on me. :blush:

On 12/17/2018 at 4:26 AM, Legomaster34 said:

I just noticed last year's Winter Village Station is listed as sold out on LEGO's website. I thought these sets usually lasted two years? I prioritized the train this year because I thought that one would retire sooner than the station.

This happened to us as well last year.
We really panicked, because we wanted to buy the Winter train station. Luckily, it came back on sale earlier this year.
With the Fire station, we did not want to risk it, so we bought it a few weeks ago.
So don't worry, I'm pretty sure it will be back. Might take a while, though.

Thanks for the info, @Roebuck!

The only question now is: What will the set include? Since it's the tenth birthday of the Winter Village theme, I could well imagine - and do really hope so, too - that this set will be bigger than all WV sets so far (like it was the case with the CC sets). A town place with candy shop and town hall would be the perfect set to celebrate. What do you think?

Yes, cheers for that!
Great to hear we will have at least one more WV set.

I would love some kind of special anniversary set, like AS, indeed!
A town hall wits some extra nice mini builds would be really nice.
Or a farm, with a stable/shed building and some cool animals. Goats, please! :laugh:

Brickset added a lot of new and new colored / new printed elements for 2019 to their data base. And there's a new, cool element - 6258842 Flat Tile 1X1, Round, No. 112 - which looks like a round gingerbread:

I bet that we'll see it in this year's WV set!

14 hours ago, Withacee said:

A town hall wits some extra nice mini builds would be really nice.
Or a farm, with a stable/shed building and some cool animals. Goats, please! :laugh:

Like I already mentioned, I hope for a town hall, too, together with a candy shop in one huge set. Which concers a stable with animals, I really don't see that - and if you meant the navity scene, then you maybe know that this is highly unlikely because of TLG's policy of bringing no religious elements in their sets.

I wish they did something as big as cottage and something as detailed as cottage... Hopefully it won't be something like "WV Police, hospital etc." but something more "warm" I would say. Looking forward to see some winter accessories and torsos! 

PrisonBrick posted following list:

20 hours ago, PrisonBrick said:

Last D2C rumors:

10266 (Discovery Expert) 1087 pieces 16+

10267 (Seasonal Expert) 1477 pieces 12+

10269 (Vehicle Expert) 1023 pieces 16+

71044 (Disney) 2925 pieces 12+

75244 (Star Wars) 1768 pieces $199,99 

75252 (Star Wars) 4782 pieces $499,99 16+ October

75936 (Jurassic World) 3120 pieces 16+ July

76139 (Batvehicle) ???? pieces

So it seems as if this year's WV set (10267) has the biggest piece count of all WV sets so far. But it doesn't give us a clue about what there'll be included or not even, how many buildings there'll be in this set since the WV Cottage had nearly the same piece count. Depending on whether there'll be only one building or two buildings included, I'd imagine the set price beeing between 100 and 150 Euros. What do you think?

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 2:02 AM, Klaus-Dieter said:

PrisonBrick posted following list:

So it seems as if this year's WV set (10267) has the biggest piece count of all WV sets so far. But it doesn't give us a clue about what there'll be included or not even, how many buildings there'll be in this set since the WV Cottage had nearly the same piece count. Depending on whether there'll be only one building or two buildings included, I'd imagine the set price beeing between 100 and 150 Euros. What do you think?

This years Corner Garage has 2,569 pieces, 6 mini figs plus dog, and a vehicle for $200 US.  My guess is the 1477 new WV set will be priced somewhere between $125 to $150 US. My guess is a small town section, several store fronts with a large ice skating rink with a tree in the middle of it. Will include a horse drawn sleigh and a fire pit for the skaters.  

It's very sure that there'll be some Christmas GWPs in October and November. In contrast to the sets of the last years, I really do hope that TLG goes back to the years 2012-2014 when they released small minifig scaled add-ons for the Winter Village! (Some more decent sized stalls (minimum the size of 40082) for the WV Market like a hot chocolate stand or a Chrismas ornaments stand are really overdue.)

What do you think?

12 minutes ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

It's very sure that there'll be some Christmas GWPs in October and November. In contrast to the sets of the last years, I really do hope that TLG goes back to the years 2012-2014 when they released small minifig scaled add-ons for the Winter Village! (Some more decent sized stalls (minimum the size of 40082) for the WV Market like a hot chocolate stand or a Chrismas ornaments stand are really overdue.)

What do you think?

I think 40263 was a pretty good little add-on to Winter Village sets, and the contents of that set are still part of my city layout. (I just had to take them off the white plates.) I definitely want to see more . . but I think they're just doing more Brickheadz . . I remember seeing on the back of the Bee and Rabbit advertising for an Elf and Reindeer Brickheadz. I hope they do something else, too, though. Something I can put in a city.

There will be 60203 Ski Resort in the City theme (for 80 Euros). No pics are already there, but judging from the name, it's very unlikely that this year's WV set will include anything similar - so no ski hut, no ski lift and no snowy mountain.

3 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

so no ski hut, no ski lift and no snowy mountain.

Then hopefully it can include the new red deer mould :tongue:

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Then hopefully it can include the new red deer mould :tongue:

Well, that woul be an excellent choice, Roebuck! Maybe the new deer mould even appears in 60203 Ski Ressort - but since the set will be smaller and less exclusive than the WV set, I doubt it.

31 minutes ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Maybe the new deer mould even appears in 60203 Ski Ressort

It doesn't.

Thanks for the info, @dimaks13!

That's good to know. So there's hope that it will appear in the WV set or if not then at least in some City set next year.

Last year I finally had the opportunity to start collecting sets from this series.  Are there any rumors about what we will see this year or when we might find out?  

On 7/8/2019 at 10:02 PM, GarmadonFan said:

Are there any rumors about what we will see this year or when we might find out?  

Last year we got official teasers starting the beginning of September with an official announcement Sept 9. In years previous the info trickled out in August.

Unless someone manages to spy a catalog page or internal retailer info I wouldn't expect any reliable info until the beginning of August.

Gotcha.  Looking through this thread it seems like some years there are rumors much earlier than now but I can wait a couple more months.  

Could be a gingerbread house? A couple of gingerbread people leaked. A man with a mustache and woman with a gingerbread skirt thats a recolor of Minnie’s.