Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

42 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Yes it is. I think the light brick is inside the tree so you can light up the christmas tree

I don't think there's enough room for it - it looks to be built around a 1x1 SNOT core, like the tree from last year's seasonal set. 

Light brick on roof... see the small box and arrow in top right of pic. Set looks OK, building looks very shallow, but will buy :)

Edited by Jim
Removed image due to Embargo

It looks very nice but I think I'll pass this one; the building does not look very "christmas village" to me (for putting with the rest on display in winter) and I've a problem with old firetrucks it seems - I didn't like the one from the modular fire brigade either (used for parts, replaced by a modern City fire truck)

As I already passed on the Post Office and the Market previously, it won't be too difficult to pass one more :)

mmm, yes the tree is rubbish

fountain is nice, fire station looks ok.  Fire engine, I would have liked to see a more vintage design where the ladder on the back was removable, with 2 cart wheels attached to it.  but anyway.  Should fit nicely into the village.

I wonder if the lightbrick is inside the tree to light the star, or more likely used as a fireplaced within the firestation?

On 9/9/2018 at 9:08 AM, Bainter-ban said:

Isnt the announcement supposed to be now? Cant see that they have announced anything.

I think so. They will probably have an announcement within the next several hours hopefully :)

My thoughts on the image:

Looking at the exterior image (which is in surprisingly good quality for being a leak), it looks like this one may be one of my favorites of this franchise. I love the idea of a fire station, and the building itself has a good color scheme paired with some great architecture. The staircase up to the second floor seems to lack a railing, but other than that the main structure looks nearly perfect for how a WV fire station in my opinion. The scale of the set also seems to match earlier ones such as the bakery. As much as I love the train station, it felt awkward that unlike other franchises there didn't seem to be a consistent scale. Actually I redact this the train station has become on of my all time favorites since making this post.

The accessories around the structure look great too. I actually think the aesthetic of using sideways plates to build up the tree works good in this set, especially the colors (the only thing that seems off is the way it sits on top of the stump. Maybe make the stump shorter to make it feel more balanced?). The fire engine with the ladder is a necessary addition that looks built well enough for what it is (I love that the firemen use the fire truck to help decorate the tree!). The fountain looks nearly perfect, the only thing that seems to be missing is a gray flex hose to connect to the spout.

I like that the designers are taking some elements of this set back to the roots of the WV series. To me it feels as though there is a disconnect in the series after the Cottage, the sets that followed the first four. This fire station seems to resemble some of the earlier sets at the general design level while keeping designs and elements endemic to newer sets. This combination of old and new works perfectly, and it's a good direction for the franchise in my opinion. :)

Edited by Overcold

Couldn’t be better. I really like it. Can be easily turned into a modular once winter’s over. Especially for us who dont have the modular fire station.

Surprisingly - it's a good set to me! I'm still thinking that fire station itself is not very Christmas like thing.

Things that could be done better: the truck, snowman, fountain sculpture (will definitely replace it). And what is that blue thing on a wheels? ))

Things I appreciate: beautifully done building, nice minifigs, detailed interior (sand green tiles on a second floor, radio etc.).

Price could be better.

Still thinking to get it or not...

Wow. Didn’t expect to like it this much. Looks like a ceramic winter village building. Highly detailed! Looks perfect honestly. 

I’ll probably swap out the snowman and tree and maybe add a molded tree to the ice rink just for some scenery. 

Hate the truck but kids will like it so it does its job. I’ll probably just have it parked inside most of the time.

I like it. The building is well done and resembles a facade of a modular. The frozen pond is a big improvement over the one in the bakery and the section with the bench and lamp is a nice inclusion. The figure selection is decent, one of the main highlights for me is the baby with a printed Christmas sweater. 

I think that I'll be buying this, but I think they could have gotten away with $90 or $80, especially if they hadn't included the blocky and unnecessary tree.

Well, Brothers-Brick has an official press release with some good pictures. I still think it's beautiful. 

For anyone who's interested (like myself), I've counted the studs; it occupies a 28-stud wide and 16-stud deep footprint. But the garage isn't large enough to contain the fire engine, so it sticks out at the back if you keep it there. 

On 9/6/2018 at 12:56 PM, MAB said:

3300014 was released in the UK.

Ahhh thanks. I had difficulty finding it on the aftermarket, and assumed that it was since because Brickset indicated it was US only. Good to know that it was released here too.

The truck is a bit lacking and I wish the doors opened outward but I like it overall. Will be adding this to our winter village for sure.

Now that we've seen this year's WV set, let's think about 2019: It's the 10th anniversary of the WV theme. So I guess - and really hope - that there'll be (like in the CC style buildings series last year) a much bigger set like usual (around 150 Euros) to celebrate this. A WV town place with since long overdue candy shop and town hall would for me be the perfect thing. What would be yours?

1 minute ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Now that we've seen this year's WV set, let's think about 2019: It's the 10th anniversary of the WV theme. So I guess - and really hope - that there'll be (like in the CC style buildings series last year) a much bigger set like usual (around 150 Euros) to celebrate this. A WV town place with since long overdue candy shop and town hall would for me be the perfect thing. What would be yours?

We got the Creator 3-in-1 Modular Sweet Surprises just this year. That's candy shop enough for me. 

I want to see some sort of big mansion. I've always felt like Winter Village needs some sort of governing figure. A 'Mr. Winter', if you will. Plus it'd be extra residential stuff. 

3 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

let's think about 2019: It's the 10th anniversary of the WV theme. A WV town place with since long overdue candy shop and town hall would for me be the perfect thing. What would be yours?

I would like a big grand town hall to be the centrepiece of the entire town. I also long for a candy shop but I think that should be a standalone set another year - with a vintage, green delivery truck :-)

3 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

A WV town place with since long overdue candy shop and town hall

I don't know, I haven't seen many villages with town halls... But maybe it will be a good occasion to remove from winter village to winter town.

3 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I want to see some sort of big mansion. I've always felt like Winter Village needs some sort of governing figure. A 'Mr. Winter', if you will. Plus it'd be extra residential stuff. 

Yeah, people working at the post office, toy shop, train station, etc. has to live somewhere. Not to mention about their customers.

In my opinion winter village is also lacking one building - church. Or chapel, at least. Look at old Christmas postcards...