Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Or Mountain Rescue...

But I highly doubt a restaurant in a barn as that is a very specifically USA thing. Same goes for a 'gas' station. 

Edited by Jay66

As much as I don’t want it to be a fire station, from my perspective everything seems to be pointing towards it from the pictures. 

Does any one here know why lego has different Christmas set in different place. I've notish that the USA get a few different set, and last year I went to Lego  Discovery Manchester and there were two small Christmas sets there, that have never been on the Lego wen site. Which means people go in buy them and sell them for a lot more money. Does any one know why this happens x

2 hours ago, Gideon8 said:

@Sunseeker21, wow, you must have nailed it! The alarm box definitely resembles the one from the Fire Brigade.

Yeah, looks similar.

It’s like a miniature version of it.

Edited by thorin

14 hours ago, Legoladyblackpool said:

Does any one here know why lego has different Christmas set in different place. I've notish that the USA get a few different set, and last year I went to Lego  Discovery Manchester and there were two small Christmas sets there, that have never been on the Lego wen site. Which means people go in buy them and sell them for a lot more money. Does any one know why this happens x

I believe the sets in question were the small Christmas tree and train.  They were both available (USA) in the Lego Store and S@H.  $10 each.  

A firehouse is an odd choice for a Winter Village set, to be sure. All the previous sets have a direct and obvious connection to the Christmas season, but a firehouse? Do they want us thinking about trees catching fire and turkeys getting horribly overcooked?

At first it might seem like an odd choice for a WV set but if you take a look at traditional winter village displays (those made of ceramic I believe) they all have police and fire stations. Perhaps TLG is just using them for an example

In the US suburbs it is common for Santa Claus to ride around on firetrucks & wave to children during the holiday season maybe that’s the connection?

1 hour ago, SFmuscle73 said:

In the US suburbs it is common for Santa Claus to ride around on firetrucks & wave to children during the holiday season maybe that’s the connection?

Makes sense to me. 

1 hour ago, SFmuscle73 said:

Not a thing in Europe though.

On 8/29/2018 at 10:23 PM, Legoladyblackpool said:

Do you know which set numbers? I try to collect all of the Winter and Christmas themed items (going back to about 1999) and have not had any trouble collecting from the UK via the online shop or in store, although you do have to be quick!

Take a look here - https://brickset.com/sets/tag-Christmas

The last commercially available USA set not released in the UK- as far as I can recall was this one - https://brickset.com/sets/3300014-1/Christmas-Sett released in 2012.

Edited by macharper

8 hours ago, Jay66 said:

I beg to differ.  I certainly grew up in the midlands of the U.K.,with the fire brigade brining Santa round on a ´sleigh’ trailer behind the engine.  They collected change for presents for sick kids and those in care.  They also do something similar in some towns where I live in Switzerland too.

Maybe we’ll see a little reveal tomorrow on the October calendar since they usually release the calendars for the next month on the 1st?

From the pics we’ve seen so far it almost looks like a Creator 3 in 1 build meaning there are some... inspired usage of parts like how they made that ugly snowman and strange looking tree with a comically thin trunk.

13 hours ago, Jay66 said:

It seems a lot of people do not connect Christmas with the fire brigade.

At least here in Denmark it is not unusual that Father Christmas/Santa Claus is arriving in a fire truck when it is time to light the Christmas tree on the town square. Eventually he is using the ladder or lift to get up to the top of the tree.

When I was a child in the 80s it was not uncommon in my hometown that a vintage fire truck was going around in the city centre with children - and Father Christmas in the front seat.

At the yearly World Santa Claus Congress held in July at the Danish amusement park Bakken there is a parade including Santa Clauses from around the world - and fire trucks.

So here the fire brigade is indeed connected to Christmas.

19 hours ago, Karalora said:

A firehouse is an odd choice for a Winter Village set, to be sure. All the previous sets have a direct and obvious connection to the Christmas season, but a firehouse? Do they want us thinking about trees catching fire and turkeys getting horribly overcooked?

“Toys for Tots” is synonymous with Christmas around here. And firemen are the typical ambassador for the charity. I don’t know how that plays around the world though. 

Does anyone know what the black ring around the snowman is for?  Is it like a valve or something they put snow on?   

That’s why I was thinking it might be a fire hydrant or something else that’s been turned into a snowman by the winter villagers. It looks too odd (sorry designer if it really is just a snowman but you have to admit I don’t think it would be winning any snowman competitions...sorry)

Fire hydrant makes a lot of sensd actually. Good point!

No leaks of the set today but on instagram the winter promo for spending $99 in November/December like every year has been revealed. Wish they’d go back to minifigure scaled stuff. Also another bauble/ornament has been reavealed.

Thanks for that heads up.

I just hope by the time the winter promo comes out they still have the new winter set available so its easier for me to buy in "bulk" then buy right now the new winter set and have to spend another big amount just to get the promo :( 

1 hour ago, Legomister said:

Wouw the new 40293 set

Looks nice. I wonder, does it has any reference in real life?

Edited by parsom

1 hour ago, parsom said:

Looks nice. I wonder, does it has any reference in real life?

I think it is a carousel. There is another picture showing a knob at the base that turns it, and there are a 3-part train and Christmas tree that can easily be removed.