Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

The Instagram leak appears to be via our very own Dimaks, but as I am not sure how Instagram works I may be wrong...

Edited by Jay66

Just now, Jay66 said:

The Instagram leak appears to be via our very own Dimaks, but as I am not sure how Instagram works I may be wrong...

That's not a leak, those are screenshots from official video.

It is on the lego video channel. 

At 0.33

Edited by Jay66

I thought I would share my email from Lego. 

Sent from my iPad

On 24 Aug 2018, at 12:45 am, "CSWEBFORM@LEGO.COM" <CSWEBFORM@LEGO.COM> wrote:

LEGO logo  
CUSTOMER SERVICE
Call us free from your landline:
LEGO® Shop: 00800 5346 1111
Customer Service: 00800 5346 5555

Or find out more on
LEGO.com/service
  ts.20121116T114506.Sophia%20Full.png

Dear Heather,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Isn’t it exciting that there are so many new LEGO® sets every year, especially towards the holidays? It’s great to see you’re eagerly waiting for our upcoming winter sets!

I'm sorry that I can’t tell you anything specific about any of our upcoming sets at this moment. Something like the 10259 Winter Village Station might be coming soon, but until new toys are announced officially in the catalogue or on LEGO.com, we aren’t able to share any details. This is only because it takes a long time to design and make new toys, and we sometimes need every minute until they hit the shelves to make them perfect. Besides... we look forward to surprising you! If you want to find out about new LEGO sets as soon as they’re announced, just keep an eye on our website.

We want to make sure we're doing a good job for you, so you’ll always find the link to a four-question survey in our emails. Please tell us how we did today:

LEGO Survey link 

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Kind regards,

Eric
LEGO® Service

Did You Know?
Ole Kirk Kristiansen founded our company in 1932. He came up with the name "LEGO" from the Danish phrase "LEG GODT", which means "play well". Purely by luck, it also means "I put together" in Latin.

Just use the “Reply” button on your email program to reply – but please don’t change the subject line or your email could get lost.

LEGO System A/S, Aastvej 1, 7190 Billund, Denmark - Registry Court: Retten i Kolding, Domhusgade 24, 6000 Kolding, Denmark - Commercial Register Number: CVR 47458714 - General Managers: Ulrik Gernow Chairman: Carsten Rasmussen.

LEGO and the LEGO logo are trademarks of the LEGO Group.
© 2018 The LEGO Group

For more information about our Privacy Policy,
 click here.

To: ERMSSUPRT2/CSWEBFORM@LEGO.COM/P11CLNT411 <CSWEBFORM@LEGO.COM>
CC:  
Sent: 08/23/18 16:16:50
Subject: WEB FORM

I really think after seethe photos that it looks like it might be a fire stations 

Edited by Legoladyblackpool

But isn’t that a slope behind the snowman where an old fashioned fire engine could exit from? And I might be totally off but the Xmas tree makes me think they are hinting at a fireman’s pole. Red phone. Off red building. And the email hint of another station???? 

18 minutes ago, Gideon8 said:

Fire station? Hmmm.... My vote goes to a restaurant in a barn, like this: https://binged.it/2PJiVhI 
BBQ sounds yummy!

It does look like it might be a restaurant

Maybe someone saw it and thought it was a remake of the cottage? 

I wish they would keep consistent with the street lights. It seems like every winter village set uses a different street lamp build.

I'm relieved that it's not another remake. There are precious few sets that appeal to me right now and luckily this looks good so far. I can't really make out a ton, but the kitchen leads me to believe that it's some sort of restaurant in what may be a barn. Regardless, I'm excited. :classic:

I really hope it's not a fire station. Not after I spent so much money earlier this year to get the Friends' Friendship House and convert that into a Winter Fire Station. (Something that I still haven't finished . . .) 

Restaurant sounds good. Here's hoping . . .

Although, worst case, I can make the police setup in the fire station permanent . .

I really like the idea of a restaurant in a barn but I can’t believe that TLG would do something quite so adventurous. It would be a very American thing whereas the winter village seems more European. A fire station definitely seems most likely to me.  And I am really happy about this. I have often thought a fire station would be a good addition (all those log fires must surely be a risk!) but for some reason always forgot about it when wondering what TLG might bring out next. Hopefully the building has lovely character to it and a sweet vintage firetruck - like the one from the modular fire building but smaller I guess.

Definitely will be carrying out a cat rescue mission with this one.

Feng-huang0296, I feel your pain as I already had a train station before last year’s came out.

So it seems as though there may be more teasers next Monday followed by the reveal the Monday after that...?

I'll be more than a little disappointed if it's a Fire Station. No way I'm purchasing the set if that's the case. I'll hold out and hope for better things from the next modular. But that won't be released until the New Year .. I'm guessing.

Thank you very much for the info! :classic:

Having seen the photos plus taking into consideration that last year's train station included a very small cafe, I highly doubt that this year's WV set will be a restaurant. A fire station is imo much more likely - the kitchen with the red telephone (there's definately a sticker missing!!!) might be the firefighter's recreation room.

But I really do not like the fact that the complete set will firstly be revealed on the 7th - that's supposably only one week before VIP access to the set and the latest reveal of a WV set ever!

10 hours ago, RyanMe said:

I wish they would keep consistent with the street lights. It seems like every winter village set uses a different street lamp build.

This is the most irritating thing about thus theme. Does LEGO not think we’re going to be grouping these together? I doubt any town has 6 or so different lampposts....I can’t understand why they don’t keep some consistency...

Good grief, how long is TLG going to make us wait this year for news and pictures?  Are they really that afraid of knock offs?

I hope this won't be a fire station as most here are guessing.

A restaurant or some sort of inn would be more interesting IMO

Maybe a fire station.

Maybe a better train??? :tongue:

Other thoughts were a bus station... or... one that just popped into my head this evening...

a gas/service station!?

Lego has done many gas stations over the years (remember all the Octan gas stations, Simpson’s Kwik e mart, etc.?)... I could see one with the old style gas pumps (glass globe on top), a canopy over the pumps that is lined with x-mas lights... imagine!

Probably a fire station to ramp up the play aspect and a good reason to include a  vehicle.