Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

44 minutes ago, thorin said:

I understand that. I feel that way in the Star Wars line. The Winter Village is one of those that only a few collectors got into until they realized it was going to be an “every year” thing vs. a “let’s try this for 3 years” thing. Having said that, I don’t mind rereleases as long as they don’t take away from new releases. It would be nice if they rereleased one (but only every so often) as others have mentioned.

I think that every once in a while it's wise to let old collectors "rest" while attracting new customers with rereleases of sets they wouldn't be able to get

8 hours ago, dimaks13 said:

The cottage rumor is false. The new set is not a rerelease.

:caroler: Do you know what it is?

26 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

:caroler: Do you know what it is?

Of course he knows. But he won't tell until the set is revealed by LEGO. After that he will say he knew all along ;) 

The trick to 'not revealing' something is to give certain bits of specific info about the set, which can be shown after the reveal to have been based on knowledge rather than just being a good guess.

E.g. 'the vehicle has a red front and a black rear, and the set has two cyprus trees in it'

EDIT: To be clear, the above is an example, NOT what is in the set.

Edited by Paperballpark

21 hours ago, Goverman said:

Depends on where you live. It should be doable when you can keep shipping and duties to an acceptable level.

In USA. Seams like should be able to bricklink for less then what the used sets are going for.

4 hours ago, LegoSims20 said:

I want to see it!

Ya, me too.  If they don't release some images soon I'm going to...……...well not much I can do but come on already!!!  Can the knockoff companies really copy their stuff that quickly? 

I agree with the other posts, the last two years the train and station sets, while nice, have been a bit lacking for the theme.  Hoping series goes back to its roots.

Still hoping for either a library or a cafe. 

Either way, though, hopefully there's a small footprint. Space is limited in my village. 

After all, I've had to restrict the footprint of the Toy Shop from four 6x10 plates to three so that it takes up less space already. 

It's kind of strange that they designed it on 6-wides with two studs of overhang on one side and four on the other . . .

perhaps a Christmas tree shop. I mean, they have those new green treeparts. Perfect to put into a winter village set! And everybody needs a tree... 

2 hours ago, Goverman said:

perhaps a Christmas tree shop. I mean, they have those new green treeparts. Perfect to put into a winter village set! And everybody needs a tree... 

Those are in a November set.

On 8/19/2018 at 6:26 AM, eliminator said:

Lego really needs to knock it out of the park this year for the WV theme.

IMO, a re-release of the Cottage is actually fine in my books

To me, those are contradictory statements.  A re-release just can't knock it out of the park for me.  

On 8/19/2018 at 6:26 AM, eliminator said:

The last three years has seen the re-release of the Toy Shop, the introduction of an overly junior-ized train, and a complimentry train station who's best feature was the taxi/bus.

Your reasoning is sound.  That's exactly why LEGO needs to knock it out of the park.  Because of what you just listed.  I like the sets just fine (I had Bricklink'd a Toy Shop already, so a re-release didn't help me), and the last two designs have just been okay.  I like them well enough, but just okay.

I feel like we need some "grandeur" to the WV line with this next set.  Something that's just pretty cool.

On 8/21/2018 at 10:58 PM, LegoDW said:

Anyone know how much it is to brick link the WV cottage set?  Can you get it for under $200?

Hello, I have it and don't use it for display, send me a message and we can arrange a good price.. Not promising every single part is there but it should..

Hello. About a week ago , I email Lego and asked about when the next winter set was due out and what it might be. I explain this was the only Lego I buy. A few days later I it a reply, saying they couldn't tell e anything more than ' it will be something like the train station ' I can share this email with any one if you choose not to believe me. I've spent some time thinking and talking about it, and all I can think is and coach or bus station. To be honest I would rather they release the post office or the Bakley as there so  expensive on eBay and Amazon, upwards of £300.00 . 

heather 

7 minutes ago, Legoladyblackpool said:

Hello. About a week ago , I email Lego and asked about when the next winter set was due out and what it might be. I explain this was the only Lego I buy. A few days later I it a reply, saying they couldn't tell e anything more than ' it will be something like the train station ' I can share this email with any one if you choose not to believe me. I've spent some time thinking and talking about it, and all I can think is and coach or bus station. To be honest I would rather they release the post office or the Bakley as there so  expensive on eBay and Amazon, upwards of £300.00 . 

heather 

That could literally just mean the next Winter Village is a building. I am not sure why Lego would reveal anything more then that in an email. I suppose I should try and guess the next WV set before it's too late. I would say Candy Shop is my vote, Though I have thought this would be the next one for awhile. If it's similar to the cottage (my favorite winter village set) then I would say maybe a small apartment complex.

40 minutes ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

That could literally just mean the next Winter Village is a building. I am not sure why Lego would reveal anything more then that in an email. I suppose I should try and guess the next WV set before it's too late. I would say Candy Shop is my vote, Though I have thought this would be the next one for awhile. If it's similar to the cottage (my favorite winter village set) then I would say maybe a small apartment complex.

You're wrong.

It will be a bright red building with a snowman. Also there's a telephone and a small kitchen on a leaked pictures. Still have no idea what it is.. maybe a fire station? 

10 minutes ago, aakos12 said:

I've just come across this: 

I saw those too.  Note to others, there are four images there, you just need to hit the arrow over (at least in the original post by aakos12).  Anyhow, are these images of the next Winter Village set?  Or are these images of some sort of GWP?  The third photo looks like the interior of a building.  Anyhow, I love the tree (as much as you can see it), hate the snowman (as usual), but can't wait to see the next set!

Edited by wooster
typo

The only thing I can tell for now - is that the bright red is not my favorite color... But we'll see )