Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

100$ Oho! My "Winter Village Cottage Alarm bell is ringing", please no remamke of that one.

I would rather see somethink like a winter bookshop or maybe a shop that sells christmas ornaments and nutcrackers and stuff.

Or as a funny addition the house of Scrooge&Marley with a lil Ebenezer minifig ...

They won't do a church - secular buildings only. A market place would be nice and a bookshop would be perfect. You might get a ski lodge instead.

We need another building as there is already a market. Candy store, jewellery store, I agree that a bookshop or Christmas souvenir shop would be great; chalet, cafe, even another (different) cottage (a farm?). Glad to hear it may be more substantial than last year’s. 

I don't have the WV christmas market with carousel, but it is for sale at a reasonable price on Aliexpress. Does anyone have experience of buying from them? They also have the WV station at a much more reasonable price. The long delivery time is not a problem at this time of year, and I am running out of things to add to my village. It needs more...

and having done some research by looking at other winter village sets - lit up ones in ceramic - the obvious set which is missing is the ski rental chalet.

Edited by Jay66

I have bought from Aliexpress, it's not a rip-off site (in the sense that you pay and don't get what you ordered).  It's slow boat from China, though, so delivery can take a while.  Do you have links to those products on Ali?  I am finding it hard to believe it's real LEGO and not a copy.

2 hours ago, Jay66 said:

@fred67

NOPE

and

NO

They're both fake. The Market outright says 'Lepin' and one of the promotional images for the Train Station shows the bus crossing the rail without its roof on. Official LEGO would never make a mistake like that. 

Thank you @Feng-huang0296, that was very useful to know and I will watch out for such fake trickery when looking for sets. It is quite hard to spot the difference, especially when they come up on a site which looks genuine.

Lol. The hot tub would certainly add to the village facilities. 

Am I the only one WV fan who is already waiting for August to see images of upcoming set? Any rumors guys? 

On 5/9/2018 at 11:01 AM, adwind said:

Am I the only one WV fan who is already waiting for August to see images of upcoming set? Any rumors guys? 

I always get impatient around this time waiting for some news or even a rumor to show up... Star Wars sets help but winter village is where it's at for me!

On 5/9/2018 at 5:01 PM, adwind said:

nope I'm looking forward to it santa brings it to my family every year recently 

I am hoping for something good this year.  Don't hate me but would like to see the Bakery re-released.  I missed it the first time around.

3 hours ago, LegoDW said:

I am hoping for something good this year.  Don't hate me but would like to see the Bakery re-released.  I missed it the first time around.

Same here! It would be especially cool with all the new printed and moulded bakery items Lego has released since then.

22 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

Same here! It would be especially cool with all the new printed and moulded bakery items Lego has released since then.

Would love a new set and a re-release.  Yes Bakery set would be improved with the new pieces/prints.  I would even like to see some of the friends stuff in there. 

No, please no re-releases or redesigns!

Btw: I could well imagine that the new big bear wool beanie (in blue-white and in red-tan) from the Arctic theme will appear in the WV set, too. And yes - some info on this set is since long overdue (we even don't know the set name / kind of building yet).

Perhaps this has been wished for before by others here, but I think that a ski lodge would be cool to see next.

On 7/21/2018 at 10:35 AM, Klaus-Dieter said:

No, please no re-releases or redesigns!

I think re-releases are great for people who missed older sets. I have them all (WV), so I shall not buy them, even if they have new or updated parts.
I just do not want the re-release to come in stead of a new release. Same as with modulars.
As long as we get a new release, a re-release as an extra would be great.

On 7/21/2018 at 5:07 AM, LegoDW said:

Would love a new set and a re-release.

My point exactly!

It has already been allocated a box number 10263 on the creator expert series, which is promising.(according to Rebrickable).  Edit: And a price of £90 ish in Hungary according to Brickset forum.

Edited by Jay66