Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

According to Promobricks, VIPs will have early access to the new WV set in mid September (14./15.). So I think that the set should be revealed at the latest at the same time like the new UCS MF, namely in September the first. But since it isn't a licensed set, I would even not be surprised if it was revealed firstly one week before its VIP release date.

13 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

According to Promobricks, VIPs will have early access to the new WV set in mid September (14./15.). So I think that the set should be revealed at the latest at the same time like the new UCS MF, namely in September the first. But since it isn't a licensed set, I would even not be surprised if it was revealed firstly one week before its VIP release date.

Exciting, thanks for sharing! I know the most of you expect a train station (and I also think it's very likely), but I'd prefer something else, can't wait to see what it'll be! :classic:

To be fair, that was not a reveal on Promobricks, but merely a guess. All we know is that two sets will be available for VIP access then, one of which is believed to be the new MF and the other one *might* be the 2017 WV set.

Given that previous WV sets usually had a mid-September VIP release (and general availability on October 1st), I think it's very likely this will be the case this year, too. And I'd expect it to be revealed before the likely more spectacular Star Wars set.

14 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Actually, the last three years all Winter Village sets were anounced in August. The winter train August 11th 2016, Toy Shop August 18th 2015, Santa's Workshop August 9th 2014. I didn't bother checking older releases though.

On 2017. 08. 04. at 0:20 PM, Humdrum said:

Actually, the last three years all Winter Village sets were anounced in August. The winter train August 11th 2016, Toy Shop August 18th 2015, Santa's Workshop August 9th 2014. I didn't bother checking older releases though.

And Market 13th August 2013, Cottage 2th August 2012, Post Office 5th August 2011, Bakery 13th August 2010 and I don't know Toy Shop's. But I have a question: Can I find some (prelimiary) images of the 2017 Winter Village set maybe 10259?

Just now, LEGOFANNER said:

And Market 13th August 2013, Cottage 2th August 2012, Post Office 5th August 2011, Bakery 13th August 2010 and I don't know Toy Shop's. But I have a question: Can I find some (prelimiary) images of the 2017 Winter Village set maybe 10259?

No. There aren't preliminary images for D2Cs.

29 minutes ago, LEGOFANNER said:

So it's possible to annouce this set on 10th August because it's the average of the dates and it's also a Thursday like last year (Thursday, 11th August, 2016). Or they push the annoucing to 31th August, like the London Bus (10258).

21 minutes ago, Tragic Banjo said:

No. There aren't preliminary images for D2Cs.

At the German online shop where the 60168 Sailboat Rescue set first annouced I see a preliminary image of 10254 Winter Village Holiday Train. But I'm surprised because this picture has a watermark like the other preliminary images but it isn't a preliminary image.

Edited by LEGOFANNER

Interesting that Thursdays have been a popular day to announce. The Ideas sets were just announced this past Thursday. And with the "average" pointing toward the 10th, and it being a Thursday...seems like this week would be a good possibility. 

13 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Interesting that Thursdays have been a popular day to announce. The Ideas sets were just announced this past Thursday. And with the "average" pointing toward the 10th, and it being a Thursday...seems like this week would be a good possibility. 

It's not sure, not official, this is only my logic ... but maybe.

Edited by LEGOFANNER

On 8/4/2017 at 3:51 AM, aakos12 said:

Exciting, thanks for sharing! I know the most of you expect a train station (and I also think it's very likely), but I'd prefer something else, can't wait to see what it'll be! :classic:

If Marcos Bessa said this set is going to be particularly large, I'd imagine that it would be a town square sort of set, with multiple buildings as opposed to a single focal pointed one.

Having said that though, a train station/depot would be nice, especially if it came with a tram/trolley to make up for the rejection of the Vintage Tram project.

11 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

If Marcos Bessa said this set is going to be particularly large [...]

He didn't. He said he'd worked on a particularly large set releasing in December, so it wouldn't be the Winter Village set since those come out in September/October. I have no reason to think this year's WV set will be any bigger than usual.

5 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

According to Promobricks the set will be a train station and will cost around eighty Euros.

Thanks for the heads up, this is really good news! I was hoping something like this would be the next addition, now I'm hoping we will see it come with some sort of holiday themed trolley/tram! :sweet:

I can't translate it into English myself, but I presume this is the link, right?

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-creator-expert-winter-holiday-set-10259-winterliche-bahnstation/38901

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Thanks for the heads up, this is really good news! I was hoping something like this would be the next addition, now I'm hoping we will see it come with some sort of holiday themed trolley/tram! :sweet:

I can't translate it into English myself, but I presume this is the link, right?

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-creator-expert-winter-holiday-set-10259-winterliche-bahnstation/38901

Yeah, that's it. I wouldn't expect too much in way of vehicles though. If the set is "only" 80 Euros, they won't include much more than the main build and a couple of minifigs, and we got the train last year, so I guess this is mostly a follow-up to that set.

I personally am forked about this year's WV set being a train station. On the one hand I'd more have liked to get another building. Since - although the WV started back in 2009 - there are only two shops so far. And much more buildings are needed for inside the WV around the Xmas tree.

On the other hand I'm glad about a train station which will - supposably - go perfectly with last year's winter train. Because a modern train station (it's likely that there will be one in the 2018 City theme) would presumably not fit very well.

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Correct.

2 hours ago, Brick Dangerous said:

Yeah, that's it. I wouldn't expect too much in way of vehicles though. If the set is "only" 80 Euros, they won't include much more than the main build and a couple of minifigs, and we got the train last year, so I guess this is mostly a follow-up to that set.

I completely agree with you, Brick Dangerous. We have to take into consideration the price increase from the last WV building three years ago til now. So I't bet that the train station will be about the same size like the first three buildings in the WV (toy shop, bakery, post office). Supposably ticket boost and a small waiting area downstairs. And if we were very lucky, then some kind of small signal tower of a living- or bedroom upstairs. Of course there'll be some sort of small platform included. Plus maybe a small handcar (like in the train station from 2006) for more play value for kids.

Keen to see how it looks. I MOC'd a small station last year, and will be sad to dismantle it, but that means I can return the main pieces to the set which they came from [9v Metroliner] and use the rest elsewhere. Hopefully this station won't be too showy and will keep the old world charm of the other builds.

If it is a Train Station this year, I guess it will have some form of taxi transport to take passengers somewhere in the village, wether that is motorised along the style of the Post Van from 10222 or horse drawn and a cross between the horse drawn sleigh from 3300014   and the horse drawn xmas tree cart from 10216

Edited by scottwb2010

I've already got a train station for my winter village, which I love, so this will present me with a dilemma (which one to use) and a challenge (to moc the other one into something else).

Regardless, I'm very excited to see the reveal and I'm sure that I'll love it. I am hoping for at least one new winter torso and the new scarf piece, from the Ninjago movie sets, in a different colour. I'd also really really love to see a woollen hat with a pom pom on top, not sure why that's never happened yet!!

All the previous WV sets have had several small builds with them so it does seem possible that some transport option from the village to the station could be included.

Edited by alsielou

20 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

On the other hand I'm glad about a train station which will - supposably - go perfectly with last year's winter train. Because a modern train station (it's likely that there will be one in the 2018 City theme) would presumably not fit very well.

I will definitely get the WV train station if that is true, but modern one wasn't too bad if you winter'd it up some:

31192654780_caf6c86114_b.jpg

On 2017. 08. 07. at 3:55 AM, alsielou said:

I've already got a train station for my winter village, which I love, so this will present me with a dilemma (which one to use) and a challenge (to moc the other one into something else).

Regardless, I'm very excited to see the reveal and I'm sure that I'll love it. I am hoping for at least one new winter torso and the new scarf piece, from the Ninjago movie sets, in a different colour. I'd also really really love to see a woollen hat with a pom pom on top, not sure why that's never happened yet!!

All the previous WV sets have had several small builds with them so it does seem possible that some transport option from the village to the station could be included.

Such a hat would be awesome, also, I'm afraid you just gave me a reason to buy such a Ninjago figure.. Would you share your train station here?

18 hours ago, aukevin said:

I will definitely get the WV train station if that is true, but modern one wasn't too bad if you winter'd it up some:

It does look much better, than I would have guessed! I built a tiny one, but most probably it'll be replaced by the official version, if the rumours are true...

2 minutes ago, alsielou said:

Aah yes well it's not my creation; I bought Miro Dudas' winter village train station from Constructibles:

http://shop.constructibles.net/wv-train-station-instructions-only-download/

I did the same thing last Christmas and now I am a little sad! I wish there were other Winter Sets like that available! I really want a little country church.