Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

EDIT: Beat me to it!

Anyways, it's a very nice set indeed, but I feel it just doesn't fit into the whole winter village display that has been built up over all these years. It's more of a stand-alone type thing. I'll still buy it nonetheless.

Edited by EZNetwork

Set was officially revealed at Bricks by the Bay!

Designer video:

-Sci

Hey, thanks for that! Looks awesome!

I'd say I was waiting for Mrs Claus, it's alittle dissapointing to see that she doesn't have the CMF qualities as her counterpart has. The face and torso make me believe that she is actually the Lion Empress. :tongue:

cas442.jpg41lQVHuU3AL._SY300_.jpg

The buildable reindeers are cuter than I thought, I wouldn't complain about the molds. I hope there could be an elf girl among the bunch, but it looks like we have to ask CFM for her.

Is the one elf holding a mini model of Benny's SSS?

Yeah, it totally is! It even mentions a classic spaceship being included in the description. Great reference by LEGO! :classic:

Amazing set! a must buy :sweet: i just love how cozy these sets look, can't wait for Christmas now! :laugh:

It's a lovely set. The house looks nice and fits in well with others from the WV series. The brick-built reindeers look cute, and the sleigh is interesting enough for a WV type vehicle. I'm also happy with the price, as it's not too high.

Thank you very much for the picture and the link, CM4Sci! :classic:

In contrast to the majority of opinions already posted here, I have to say that I really dislike this set! :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

but I feel it just doesn't fit into the whole winter village display that has been built up over all these years. It's more of a stand-alone type thing.

Exactly.

Pro:

+ nice exterior design

+ toy machine

Con:

- too expensive for what you get and how it looks like

- the idea of a Santa's Workshop at all

- too kitschy

- doesn't fit inside a Winter Village since it's unrealistic with that elves

- rein-deers are brick-built

- no place inside to put the toy machine somewhere

- nearly no interior

If the set at least included a nice interior (a small kitchen for Santa's wife to bake the cookies and a huge table for Santa) then there would be the chance that I'd buy this set. But since this isn't the case, I won't buy this set. And that is really disappointing since the Winter set is the set every year I'm always the most looking forward to! :cry_sad:

Let's hope that next year's Winter Village set will be a lot better that this one!

Klaus-Dieter

So what's the retail price on this one? Small set but a lot of minifigures so my guess: 60-65 EUR?

If I'm getting it I will replace one of the reindeer's noses with a red stud :sweet:

Edited by Cammo

I love it and my son will start begging me for it for sure.......and it appears no light brick in this years set......cost cutting eh ?

I love it and my son will start begging me for it for sure.......and it appears no light brick in this years set......cost cutting eh ?

There was none in last year's either. I miss those. :sad:

it's a very nice set indeed, but I feel it just doesn't fit into the whole winter village display that has been built up over all these years. It's more of a stand-alone type thing. I'll still buy it nonetheless.

My personal comment is, we know the village buildings have been the stars of this series. I think some FOLs do really expect for another winter house since Winter Market from last year kept them wait for one more year.

I give high scores to the reindeer sleigh and the machine, but the house is indeed a letdown. It doesn't look as good as the first Toy Shop. I do appreciate the idea, but I wish they can make a better house with a reasonable price. Honestly, I would have expected that Santa's house should be the best one among the whole village.

Edited by Dorayaki

Love it. It shouldn't be too hard to make Rudolph out of one of the reindeers. :laugh:

Very nice, I think the building could easily be made into a train station.

I don't think its important for all of the winter village sets to match, since most towns would have various building.

Plus part of the fun is the challenge of incorporating everything together.

I like this set, and my kids are stoked about Santa, Mrs. Klaus, and the reindeer sleigh. I have a feeling that I'll be adding lots of mods so they both can play with it without getting in each others' way. The house looks kinda tiny.

I don't know if anyone else remembers (or had for that matter) the old Lego Christmas sets growing up. They consisted of Santa Clause, a Snowman, a Raindeer, and a Sleigh. These remind me of building those sets during the lead up to Christmas.