Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Yeh and the police could be getting fresh dohnuts from the dohnut stand but this would not go down well with the baker!

Yep, Dohnut Wars - the baker copped a snow ball in the face ! :laugh:

Right, now that's heading off topic....but yeah, what else in a small town or village could go in a winter setting ? :wink:

Yep, Dohnut Wars - the baker copped a snow ball in the face ! :laugh:

Right, now that's heading off topic....but yeah, what else in a small town or village could go in a winter setting ? :wink:

A winter sports shop selling ski's, snowboards, helmets and hats, ice skates, ice hockey sticks & helmet's, or a christams decoration shop but it would then mean every year it is a shop.

Outside could be a mini carousel for the kids to ride on and or a hot drinks stand!

I would like to see a Winter Village Candy Shop. Another one that might come into the scene is a little WInter Village Pub? With a cosy fire and a family having a Christmas dinner?

To get around the pub, maybe a Winter Village Chalet for skiers and other snow sport people to enjoy. They could sell anything to eat or drink, have  a nice fireplace and sell skis and sleds and snowboards and such.

A cafe with tables and such.

A town hall with more town square things.

I would even like to see a general store.

Andy D

Train Station.

I'd also love a Pub/Inn, but I doubt that'll happen.

I could see a train station followed by a re-release of the Christmas/holiday train the following year. or vice versa

I could see a train station followed by a re-release of the Christmas/holiday train the following year. or vice versa

I too can see a train station at some point. You can just see it all the minifigures heading home for christmas holidays to be with friends and family loaded with presents. Could have either a vehicle taxi dropping off at the station or a horse drawn carraige type taxi.

I am in the process of creating my Winter Village this year - halfway through the Bakery and going to use photos of each building for our family Christmas card.

I feel the Winter Village has an 'English Vintage' feel to it - more of a chocolate box scene and rather than police stations and fire stations there a more 'Dickens' feel. A sweet (candy) shop, decoration shop or tavern would work well. There could be cottages - all those minifigures have to go somewhere to eat their dinner on December 25.

What about an old school house or a book shop?

To get around the pub, maybe a Winter Village Chalet for skiers and other snow sport people to enjoy. They could sell anything to eat or drink, have a nice fireplace and sell skis and sleds and snowboards and such.

A cafe with tables and such.

A town hall with more town square things.

I would even like to see a general store.

Andy D

Yes. I think it is perfect

A chalet sounds wonderful but reallisticly I'd go for the Candy shop, kids (and adults) love candy, and with the tavern/pub idea, we'd love it but I think it goes against TLG with pubs being related to alcohol and all which is why TLG will probably never make one, even as a modular, so yeah, or a winter sports shop as already mentioned.

A chalet sounds wonderful but reallisticly I'd go for the Candy shop, kids (and adults) love candy, and with the tavern/pub idea, we'd love it but I think it goes against TLG with pubs being related to alcohol and all which is why TLG will probably never make one, even as a modular, so yeah, or a winter sports shop as already mentioned.

MMV had a pub in it, didn't it? Which is why I should really get the MMV, as a Winter Village Annex.

MMV had a pub in it, didn't it? Which is why I should really get the MMV, as a Winter Village Annex.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that, I don't really collect the medievil stuff, and the MMV is targeted at older audiences I guess, kinda like the modulars. Mind you, those new chickens and goats would look nice on a city farm :wink:

The Town hall could be one good one, with a HUGE christmas tree. And an old-style train station, with a black steam train (no Power Function), and 2-3 tracks.

But the stone church is something I think TLG could make. There are lots of them in Legoland, at least in Billund. Also standing as the dominant building.

And since christmas is a christian holiday, celebrating the birth of Jesus, son of God, they are already on the religious area. And you will probably find more churces than city halls on this planet. They also make pigs and dogs, which are incompatible with some religions.

IKEA removed christmas parties etc, but still sells stuff for the christmas tree. It was announced to be doing away with religious holidays and religious symbols like santa hats. I remember a local workplace announced they would remove the hats too, but it lasted only a few hours until the CEO announced he had no plans to kill christmas.

Again, I like the ideas presented here. If I had to make a prediction I would say a train station. The holidays is also about traveling to spend time with family, so I can see that as a good addition to the village.

The town hall with a huge Christmas tree idea also sounds good, but I wonder if the big tree that comes with the Toy Shop negates a town hall from having an even bigger one.

I also like the General Store idea and would work well in this theme. I also think some kind of set with parade floats and characters would go well once you have a few more buildings in place.

One thing I noticed is that from the 3 sets you seem to get a major building and 1 or 2 sub-structures/vehicles. For example, For the Toy Shop you get a large tree and a park bench. The Bakery you get a ice skating pond, a tree selling stand, and a horse cart for tree delivery. For the Post Office you get a gazebo, a mail truck, and a bench. So, I am curious what others feel would be good ideas for the sub-items.

I think for some sub-items we need a 1 horse open sleigh to ride in, a stand for visiting Santa, a stand selling roasted nuts and/or hot cocoa.

What about a bank? Someplace for Christmas shoppers to withdraw their saved up shopping funds before hitting the toy store and bakery?

I doubt that - we already got 2 this year (3661, Gringott's in 10217).

I think the next one will be something more rustic and "homey", such as a pub/tavern or a daint holiday cottage :thumbup:

Additions to the Winter village theme I would like to see:

Train Station

Cottage

Clock Tower

Hardware store

Tea house

Footbridge and stream

Riding stable with sleigh

grogall, no disrespect meant-just messing, guessed Candy Shop last year, and we got a post office, jut saying. :tongue:

Thank's but none taken! :wink:

For those hopping it will be a tavern or pub, I hate to disappoint you. But remember these sets are primely designed for kids

and I don't think a pub or tavern is something Lego has in mind for them! :devil:

For those hopping it will be a tavern or pub, I hate to disappoint you. But remember these sets are primely designed for kids

and I don't think a pub or tavern is something Lego has in mind for them! :devil:

There was a tavern in MMV?

The way Lego thinks....my odd ball idea....wait for it..........POLICE STATION ! :laugh:

Bet you they would too ! :laugh:

Santa delivering gifts is detained for drink driving his sleigh and put in the slammer ! :laugh:

Just a wild thought. :wink:

Yes! A Winter Village Pub! I want a drunk Santa mini fig.

What would be really awesome is a Winter Village Candy Shop, with new candy cane molds and colorful walls... :blush: I would also like a lodge-style Winter Village Coffee Shop.