The donor sets were indeed 9398 and 42000, but there are many other parts used.

Finally i have got a small packet with L-motors in it... I will gladly present the result later (I will be offline for next weeks), till that here is a small teaser. :wink:

Edited by agrof

The donor sets were indeed 9398 and 42000, but there are many other parts used.

Finally i have got a small packet with L-motors in it... I will gladly present the result later (I will be offline for next weeks), till that here is a small teaser. :wink:

This is grate !!!!! Cant wait to see more , do you have and ldd file or some thing for it ? I would like to see how you have created this amazingly fast creation !

As promised, I tried to make a longer demo video. Sorry for the picture quality, this time this is the best from my equipment.

There is quite a lot happened, basicly the complete back is re-built. The result is surprisingly robust, and the suspension works great.

I achieved my goals: like the look, realistic independent suspension, PF elemets only, easy access to battery box, some details...

Maybe it is not perfect...but for me IT IS! :classic:

Pictures with details will come... and if I find the time, maybe BI too... but be aware, there is a tiny twist (a marginal stress in build) against purist, but as it doesn't cause damage, I am OK with it. (The rear suspenion support makes less than half stud stress.)

I hope You enjoy!

Edited by agrof

Thank you for video... It's always pleasure to look at nice MOCs like this... I like also comparison with real buggy in video... :)

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

Helló

Szeretném megépíteni ezt a járművet Én is. Esetleg tudnál segíteni instrukciókkal vagy képpel?

Előre is köszönöm.

Üdv: József

Hi,

I am on design development, the goal is to keep the weight under 1500 gramms (for enjoyable playing experience), add some details, and make it more user-friendly in building experience. Currently I am waiting for some parts from Bricklink.

Hope I can finish soon, and I will create Building Instructions (photos). :wink:

@kozso198700: tervben van, amint kész lesz, posztolom ide.

Helló

Elnézést a zavarásért nem akarok erőszakos lenni, érdeklődnék, hogy kb mikor tudsz róla felrakni instrukciót?

Csak azért, hogy nekiállak e másik modellnek addig? :-)

Előre is köszönöm válaszod.

Üd: József

Thank You 2LegoOrNot2Lego!

Some patience please, I still didn't get the required parts from Bricklink. Also as it will be my first try to create Building Instructions... I need to take a day, the question is: when?

@kozso198700: just start another build, I can not name a release date, I hope the result will let forget the waiting... :classic:

I promise it is worth to wait... V3 is coming! :wink:

1.PNG

Edited by agrof

Aaaand finally... the V3 is ready!

It is bigger (not)

It is faster (not)

It is better - YES!

Let me summarize what happened here:

My goal was to create an anatomically correct (at least in appearance) Class 1 buggy, which means agressive insectoid look, RC, realistic soft independent suspension, the rear one was really challenging:

640x479.jpg

640x479.jpg

640x479.jpg

Jefferies%20Racing%20Buggy.jpg

It was a long way, but as seen in the video, finally there was a solution for this, I dare to say, the suspension system makes this model unique in the MOC world - at least I couldn't find any other replica.

800x451.jpg

800x451.jpg

I also wanted to use PF elements only, resulting application of 2x L motors, 2x IR receivers, 2x Leds, AA Battery box - the most common parts nowadays.

As we have only 2 pcs of motors built-in, I wanted to reduce the weight as much as possible, the target was, to stay below 1500 gramms.

The design was a driving factor, and (Holy Lego!) I sacrificed a bit, there is indeed illegal technic used (one in the rear suspension area, second on the nose). These are just very gentle bends, nothing, what would damage the parts.

with the V3 buggy I achieved the next:

• saved 25 gramms total compared to V2 - 1481 gramms inclusive BB
  • much more details
  • completely redesigned front
  • positive caster angle added
  • to find stickerless color combo (ok, I couldn't resist to use the "agrof" sticker :tongue:)
  • part colors picked to pop-out the shapes, details, or absorb where needed
  • to increase building experience
  • and of course: blue seats

I am working on the Building Instructions, hopefully in the next days it will be ready... but now: pictures! Enjoy! :classic:

Buggy%20V3%20%20white.gif

800x451.jpg

800x451.jpg

800x451.jpg

800x451.jpg

800x451.jpg

800x451.jpg

800x451.jpg

800x451.jpg

800x451.jpg

800x451.jpg

800x451.jpg

800x451.jpg

Buggy%20V3%20%20red.gif

More pictures in my Bricksafe folder - see link in my signature.

Edited by agrof

I love this thing! It get better every time I look at it.The positive caster is a nice touch, but how much "wiggle" is in the rear suspension? It seems like it could be room for small turntables. Really awaiting those instructions

Thanks!

The rear arms are indeed not as rigid as live axles, there is a few mm "wiggle" as You say, but overall I am surprised too, how durable it is (experienced on stair runs). Only "normal" driving will not destroy them, and some roll-overs neither. :classic:

edit: the arms themselves are pretty stiff, "wiggle" meant in mounted status, relative to the chassis.

Small turntables... this is a great idea, didn't think about them. Maybe someone else will give a try, soon this concept will be "open source", I would be happy to see more and more Class Ones! :wink:

Edited by agrof

I'm really in love with yor work! i always dreamed about some kind of suspension that emulate the real buggy ones, this is a brilliant solution, hope someone can use it also with the driving axles like real buggies to employ Rbuggy motors insted of L ones, unfortunatelly I don't have the pieces to give it a try, really great work!

I would buy the set, if there was one that is, have you tried sending the design to lego?

It's about time lego did something more exiting, the 9398 was a step in the right direction but then they went back to doing boring stuff.

800x451.jpg

Love everything about this build!!! Your long travel rear wheel suspension is excellently brilliant...amazing...!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Nice to use the parts this way...

Edited by 2LegoOrNot2Lego...

Hi,

Great progress, but i cannot understand when you edit your topic why is it necessary to delete all the previous stages, pics, videos?!

E.g. i was read this topic earlier, then months after i wanted to read again, and do not take as an offense, and am happy for the improvement but would be great to saw those stuffs too ...

So, sorry but i dont like the way how you present the developement, i think all the previous stages should be available ... :(

Miss the video so much

Hi nagybirek,

your argument is very reasonable, and I agree (and shame a bit) about the hectic of the topic... :sceptic:

My apologise for this, next time I will pay extra attention.

Pictures are set back in the first comment - I also found 2 pictures extra about the very first sketch model.

The first video had not much additional information - except, that how slow with the XL-motor version was (in ~4 seconds), this is the cause why I deleted.

Edited by agrof

I'm always impressed with first MOCs that look this good! The gif animator is a nice tool indeed. Did your tires or rims require any mods? (like the dirt grabbers that others have used from the same manufacturer)

Building Instruction is ready, You can download from here.

I am not sure if the inventory is perfect, if somebody would double check, it would be nice.

The quality is not the best, this is what I could achieve with my up to date equipment and knowledge.

Every comment, critics are welcome, I will correct if something is not understandable or missing.

If one builds or even improves it, please share the result here! :classic:

Enjoy!

RC4WD tires - I didn't modified anything, pop on, squeeze around the perimeter, till it lays equally around, that's it.

Edited by agrof

RC4WD tires - I didn't modified anything, pop on, squeeze around the perimeter, till it lays equally around, that's it.

That's good news! Looks like only the dirt grabbers require cutting with their thick inner edges.

Thanks for the instructions :)