antp

My parents' house

After the replica of my apartment, I made a replica of the previous location where I lived: my parents' house (where I lived between 1990 and 2005, and where they still live).

This time I made only the outside, which was more interesting than my apartment's outside, as here it is an old house, typical of the houses built around 1900 in Brussels.

I made it at a smaller scale than my apartment: the scale was chosen to match the windows sizes.

(photos are clickable for larger version)

Here is a photo of the actual house:

WP_20150627_15_15_13_Pro_2.jpg

Compared with the Lego version:

P1100780_2.JPG

Garden side; the photo was taken before spring, after that the tree leaves cover a lot:

WP_20150328_13_41_41_Pro_2.jpg

Lego version:

P1100781_2.JPG

Related page with a few more pictures: https://antp.be/lego/moc/m33.php

Edited by antp
replaced dead mocpage url

Very nicely done - and interesting advice for builders (scaling to the windows).

very very well done. I'm sure you had great fun making it. maybe all of us should provide their (parents) house retrospectivly.

Edited by hoopoe

Impressive! Did you show the MOC to your parents? What did they think?

They found it well done, but that seemed to less impress them (and friends) than the replica of apartment that I made :)

This is a very cool build! It looks quite accurate to the photos, and would fit in nicely with the Creator Expert Modular Buildings.

I've thought of doing something very similar to this with my parents' house, and seeing this is very encouraging that it can be done well.