Sign in to follow this  
Phoxtane

[MOC] Lance Ship BRY-798

800x507.jpg

[

A new, bigger spacecraft done in the same style as a previous one but with the aid of more experience and Bricklink. I retained certain design elements but was able to expand upon the original style in a way that makes me feel better about the whole thing.

This new ship doesn't fall apart nearly as often when handled, and to reduce the amount of handling I have to do it comes with its own display stand, modeled after the Action Base accessory kits that are sold alongside Gunpla plastic model kits. In addition, I was able to increase the amount of lime green, dark blue, and trans-neon green, which meant I didn't have to rely on gray greebles as much to fill in the empty spaces.

Finally, this ship has much fewer visible studs than the previous and what would have been wasted detail space has been used to great effect (in my opinion)!

A bit of lore: While the previous ship in this style serves a scouting/general presence role, this ship comes equipped with two particle lance cannons and a larger particle drive system. This particular variant of the basic drive system comes equipped with a larger particle-reactor core and additional deflectors directly aft of the main particle emitters, as well as a modified particle guide vane geometry. The ship comes equipped with extra secondary particle emitters for better maneuverability as well.

Whereas the previous scout ship's particle drive is engineered for long-range endurance and its guide vane geometry is optimized for a higher slipspace speed, this ship's drive system allows for sharper trajectory curves and a wider range of speeds, while also providing the output for the particle lance cannons.

Pictures show more than words, so here's the rest.

800x530.jpg

800x665.jpg

800x531.jpg

800x763.jpg

800x548.jpg

800x674.jpg

800x555.jpg

This looks quite interesting and I especially like those doubled rear octopus/squid-like 57906 and their color combi...it really reminds mi hybrid of dragonfly and octopus/squid! :thumbup:

Edited by bublible