Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 15 Rumors and Discussion

Picked up the kendo fighter today from the Lego store near me. Was kind of hoping for the shark suit guy but kendo guy is cool. He can go in the training room for my temple of airjitsu

So I've been reading the last few pages of this thread and some people have made mention of S16... I thought 15 had only just been released or am I behind on the times?

Which figures are likely to be more valuable later down the line? I have 2 extra shark suit guys still sealed in their bag, but suspect some of the "3 to a box" ones could be worth saving as well. I am kinda late to collecting these (started around the movie series) so would like to be able to swap some out down the line for other rare ones I have missed out on, such as Santa.

Which figures are likely to be more valuable later down the line? I have 2 extra shark suit guys still sealed in their bag, but suspect some of the "3 to a box" ones could be worth saving as well. I am kinda late to collecting these (started around the movie series) so would like to be able to swap some out down the line for other rare ones I have missed out on, such as Santa.

I'd say Shark Suit Guy will be a very valuable one. I started late too.

Shark Guy - Costumed Character. Enough said.

Tribal Woman - That baby piece (in those colors) will probably be exclusive to her.

Ballerina - That tutu piece will probably exclusive to her. With the new dress piece in the Disney CMF's, I don't think they are going to reuse this tutu piece again.

Queen - The dress piece. Enough said.

Alright, let me grab a second shark suit guy on my way home today..

I think the Tiger Woman will also be one to keep.. That whip and smirk, it's the first BDSM minifig I'd say.

Shark Guy - Costumed Character. Enough said.

Tribal Woman - That baby piece (in those colors) will probably be exclusive to her.

Ballerina - That tutu piece will probably exclusive to her. With the new dress piece in the Disney CMF's, I don't think they are going to reuse this tutu piece again.

Queen - The dress piece. Enough said.

It's been very hard to predict outsideanimal costumes. I don't think ballerina or tribal woman will go up much, but I could be wrong. I would expect the satyr and maybe animal control...?

The Faun will definitely be valuable because of his new leg mold. He's also a favorite of mine.

Edited by BrickFit26

The animal suited characters have proven to be big hits and chase figures in the past, so I don't see Shark Guy being any different. The Queen and Ballerina will likely be sought after too. I'm certain the Satyr will be pretty high up there as well, but judging by eBay, likely Shark Guy is going to be the big one of the set, just like the many mascot figures that came before him.

It's funny, all of the ones I've been looking for have been rather cheap (Wrestler, Janitor, Clumsy guy) , with the exception of Animal Control.

It's been very hard to predict outsideanimal costumes. I don't think ballerina or tribal woman will go up much, but I could be wrong. I would expect the satyr and maybe animal control...?

Oh yeah right the Faun! I forgot about him

Those legs will probably be exclusive to him

Oh, the link in the notifications doesn't seem to work anymore

They changed the thread's name

Maybe that's why but I'm not sure

That happens in Malaysia every single time any store opens a new case. Also, it's not just the Shark Guy, but the Queen, Farmer, Tribal Woman, and Animal Control Officer all disappear too. I always wonder how people manage to get there as soon as a box is opened. Or do they hang around outside stores waiting for it to happen?

I think it's been done by people who work there knowing that they can earn a buck on the side with these figs. Totally inapropriate behaviour.

Oh, yeah, I finally got the Queen this past weekend while visiting Chicago. They've got a pretty cool store. Not as cool as my Mall of America one but still cool. :wink::tongue:

Didn't get to see the Discovery Center I didn't know was in Illinois so maybe another time.

16/16! Bring on Disney! :laugh:

Edited by CM4Sci

I think it's been done by people who work there knowing that they can earn a buck on the side with these figs. Totally inapropriate behaviour.

We call them scalpers. Unfortunately toys are a huge money maker for them, especially the minifigs, so any they see as valuable (Like Animal Control, Shark Guy, Farmer, Queen, etc.) they'll feel for and buy all of and sell on eBay at an inflated price.

I personally don't see the point, as the profit isn't really worth the trouble once you factor in buying the product to begin with along with gas, you basically break even, maybe only have a buck or two profit. I can understand waiting until the series is discontinued, but while they're still available in stores it's kind of pointless. Besides, these characters are easy to feel for (AC's skunk, Farmer's pig, Queen's dress, etc.)

Oh, yeah, I finally got the Queen this past weekend while visiting Chicago. They've got a pretty cool store. Not as cool as my Mall of America one but still cool. :wink::tongue:

Didn't get to see the Discovery Center I didn't know was in Illinois so maybe another time.

Glad to have you in my neck of the woods! I live just an hour north of Chi-Town. :) The Chicago Lego store is pretty awesome. I realllllllllly want to go to the Mall of America one. My wallet is going to hurt when ever I visit there. :) :(

I recently was at Target feeling the blind bags again and the first 3 bids i felt were all the Queen. Really lucky because she's a favorite.

I personally don't see the point, as the profit isn't really worth the trouble once you factor in buying the product to begin with along with gas, you basically break even, maybe only have a buck or two profit. I can understand waiting until the series is discontinued, but while they're still available in stores it's kind of pointless. Besides, these characters are easy to feel for (AC's skunk, Farmer's pig, Queen's dress, etc.)

I think if you buy and sell in bulk then there's a possibility you can make a profit. Also they tend to be resold at about twice RRP. Which works because popular minifigs are never available in stores for more than a few hours here. Every time a store gets a new batch, it gets wiped out of all popular minifigs almost immediately. Because they're so easy to feel for, it doesn't take most people long to work their way through the box and buy up every single one. In a sense it's as if they were never available in Malaysia at all, which creates extremely uneven demand-supply dynamics, causing prices to skyrocket, which is exactly what the scalpers want.

I must've visited various toy stores almost 20 times now since the series have been out, and I have never felt a Queen or a Shark Guy before.

Glad to have you in my neck of the woods! I live just an hour north of Chi-Town. :) The Chicago Lego store is pretty awesome. I realllllllllly want to go to the Mall of America one. My wallet is going to hurt when ever I visit there. :) :(

Are you both coming to Brickworld in Schaumburg, IL this June? Then you can visit the Discovery Center and the Lego store there as well (and IKEA if you want).

Are you both coming to Brickworld in Schaumburg, IL this June? Then you can visit the Discovery Center and the Lego store there as well (and IKEA if you want).

Don't think I'm going to IL this summer, I'm in MN. We were just visiting for Easter! :tongue:

I wanted to try that but we didn't have time.

Don't think I'm going to IL this summer, I'm in MN. We were just visiting for Easter! :tongue:

I wanted to try that but we didn't have time.

I don't know if you've been to BW before, but it is very well worth going once, if you ever get the chance.