Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 15 Rumors and Discussion

I went to TRU this morning right at opening to get my Series 15 figs only to discover they had put them out yesterday and were totally picked through. 6 boxes on the shelf and I felt every single bag but the only figs I found were Wrestlers, Clumsy Guys, Janitors, Fauns, Jewel Thieves, Kendo's and the odd Astronaut and Ballerina. I asked if they had any unopened boxes in the back but they didn't. I did manage to find 2 Knights amongst the remains so I was happy about that. After 45 minutes or so I called a local store that pre-feels the figs and guarantees they are the ones you want or you can return them and they said they had lots of everything so I went there and was able to get all the ones I wanted. I'm still pretty choked that TRU didn't follow the official launch day, If I had known that I would've been there myself yesterday. Anyways, I ended up getting 1 Queen, 1 Golden Warrior, 1 Janitor, 2 Clumsy Guys, 2 Farmers, 2 Knights, 3 Shark Suits, and 3 Animal Control. I may get some more later on but that will have to wait for the next payday.

Went to Target today, both boxes of figs are gone. Last time I was there, one box was only missing a few and the other box was full. They sure went fast. I hope Target gets more, I still need a few.

HEB of all places had them. Grabbed three Sharks (What? I kept finding them.), A Queen, Squaw and Farmer.

I had a Faun set aside, but I must have forgotten to pick him back up.

EDIT: I just checked the receipt, and it turns out I got them for the S.14 clearance price of $2.98. :grin:

Edited by K_Tiger

Easily picked out the 6 that I wanted at the Lego store today. I came across many Astronauts and Animal Controllers. Couldn't find any Shark Guys so I headed to the Target located in the same mall and scored 2 of him.

Looked at both Target and TRU and neither had them :hmpf_bad: Has anyone found any yet in the Bay Area?

Have you tried at Hillsdale Shopping Center Lego Store(not from San Fransisco, just Googled)?

Edited by Tech Artist

Just found them at my local TRU... But they are limiting them to two per costumer.

I honestly don't know whether to applaud them or be irate about that ... not that it matters to me personally ...

Just found them at my local TRU... But they are limiting them to two per costumer. So I picked up the farmer and the animal control girl.

At least they're not putting them in locked plastic cases like some places do.

At least they're not putting them in locked plastic cases like some places do.

That's really happening? Must make it awkward if you want to feel the blind-bags for specific minifigures, someone must have to stand there and watch you the whole time lol

[...] as I need to save the rest of my refund for more important stuff. [...]

This confuses me... You mean to say that there are actually things more important than LEGO? :grin:

But seriously... good for you to get such a nice batch! Succeeding at buying LEGO is a great feeling!

Hopefully, we'll never grow up.

Just found them at my local TRU... But they are limiting them to two per costumer. So I picked up the farmer and the animal control girl.

This is a true horror scenario. Never saw this in The Netherlands. :sick:

Mind you, over here, most shops don't let you feel for the ones you want...

We now actually switched to buying them from Bricklink.

Pretty cheap, if one is quick enough, and since we buy parts on a regular basis anyway, the shipping costs are negligible.

No unintended doubles, no unwanted "misfeels". Nice.

Although I must say, the excitement of opening a bag, not knowing what's in it, is still brilliant.

That's really happening? Must make it awkward if you want to feel the blind-bags for specific minifigures, someone must have to stand there and watch you the whole time lol

Indeed. My local TRU sells three of them together in plastic movie/video game cases to prevent people from stealing pieces. Intentions are good, but it doesn't help the honest feelers.

For one of the early series, the Argos nearest me at the time limited customers to four CMFs each. I wanted a lot more than that so went to the WHS round the corner instead and bought a sealed box of 60. If TRU or whoever isn't providing a good shopping experience, don't put up with it; go somewhere else. There are lots of options including online ones such as BrickLink and Ebay.