Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 15 Rumors and Discussion

That was only 2 series ago

I wouldn't say "never"

S13 Hotdog Man is such a popular minifigure that I wouldn't be surprised if they make another one soon

Prices say it all really.

That doesn't work.

I think that it's just that some decided to collect ALL the animal costumed characters.

It's the best subtheme, but they are not individually the best minifigures.

If it would be for their price, Nurse from Series 1 is the best minifigure today.

That doesn't work.

I think that it's just that some decided to collect ALL the animal costumed characters.

If it would be for their price, Nurse from Series 1 is the best minifigure today.

Is the zombie not the most expensive? Personally i love the demolition dummy

I'm anxious to see what the jewel thief and the astronaut will look like and flying warrior too. I'm thinking that this is the week we finally see official pictures.

I'm anxious to see what the jewel thief and the astronaut will look like and flying warrior too. I'm thinking that this is the week we finally see official pictures.

}

I expect something like this for the Jewel Thief. Maybe a new diamond/gem piece?

22252777628_63433a9dac_o.png

Edited by Robert8

I'm hoping the figure looks like this -

61ycJrVuUQL._UY606_.jpg

I'm also expecting pics MAYBE on December 1st, official reveal sometime in December.

}

I expect something like this for the Jewel Thief. Maybe a new diamond/gem piece?

22252777628_63433a9dac_o.png

Looks decent. A female version like CM4Sci showed us looks good. A new diamond/gem piece would be very cool to have. I kind of expect one now hahaha.

If the Jewel Thief is a female, I hope she has a mask printed on her face, a hat/hair combo mold, a jewel in a new or rare color or shape, and the Santa sack in black, or maybe a fancy purse...

I'm curious to see what kinds of weapons the Flying Warrior and Scary Knight will have...

I don't expect another new piece for the Winged Warrior since there are already a lot of new moulds and we know nothing about the Dancer, Laser Robot, Jewel Thief, Scary Knight and Astronaut

So, my guess is: the helmet, cape (white?), the S13 Classic King sword and the S10 Warrior Woman shield with some nice printing

Edited by Robert8

Why strange? They are the best figures.

Eh. No accounting for taste. I share 8BrickMarios opinion. They might be funny, but are unusable as anything other than costumed characters - unless one has the correct head to make them humanoid animal monsters, or zombies.

Where is that head from? It would be great for a Zorro figure!

Its a thief from the 60008 Museum Break-In set from the 2013 City theme: http://brickset.com/sets/60008-1/Museum-Break-in

Seems a bit too emotional for Zorro to me, but it beats using the super station master:

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/lego/images/6/68/Supervariant.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110604002513

Yep, I am one of those people, I am back-collecting the minifigures, since I joined the game late (around series 11/12)... the animal suit guys stood out as I theme I wanted to collect so I am tracking them down over other minifigures, but not exclusively. I do tend to try and collect the minifigures that come in a theme first (e.g. western, historical, castle, pirate, mythical), or that go better with my wider lego collection and buildings...

About shark guy, I don't know if he will necessarily be as popular as other costume people... its not a given? My other half is/was crazy about hotdog guy like no other minifigure, but is completely non-plussed about him... I don't really get it. Was/is piggy suit guy that popular on the resale market?

Yep, I am one of those people, I am back-collecting the minifigures, since I joined the game late (around series 11/12)... the animal suit guys stood out as I theme I wanted to collect so I am tracking them down over other minifigures, but not exclusively. I do tend to try and collect the minifigures that come in a theme first (e.g. western, historical, castle, pirate, mythical), or that go better with my wider lego collection and buildings...

About shark guy, I don't know if he will necessarily be as popular as other costume people... its not a given? My other half is/was crazy about hotdog guy like no other minifigure, but is completely non-plussed about him... I don't really get it. Was/is piggy suit guy that popular on the resale market?

Piggy is nice but not as expensive as the others yet anyway.

Top 100 figures of all time. U will see bee girl. Gorilla guy chicken guy and other in it. This is why there expensive.

http://www.minifigpriceguide.com/Top100LegoMinifigures.html

Edited by davidmull

Bee Girl and Gorilla Suit Guy are among the most expensive minifigures ever??? :O

I think those are the worst costumed guys

Edited by Robert8

Thief head for Zorro is a great idea. It really fits the Guy Williams version.

I have the Bumblebee Girl, and find her mostly a waste. Her head, wings and the pot are about it.

This series: you can keep the shark guy. I have both the Harry Potter and Atlantis shark heads. The Clumsy Guy will also be low priority. The Queen is my biggest want so far, with the 'animal control officer' a close second.

I think in the long run Shark Suit will be one of the more expensive minifigures. I think Piggy Suit Guy has two or three things working against his price: 1. He was packed four to a case, so he's fairly common. 2. Here in the states you can still find series 12 hanging around. My local Toys R Us and K-Mart still have them, and 3: He's not quite as strong a design as the Chicken or Lizard suits. He'll never be a top 3 costume figure, but once series 12 is a vague memory he might get a bump in price from new and old collectors that missed the boat.

I find it really hard to predict what will be popular in the future, some I just don't understand.

One of the designers of cmf's for LEGO acknowledged they never knew hot dog guy would be so popular, so i guess they also just have a vague idea.

I'd say I find that hard to believe, but then I see the case counts on some figures that are obviously duds. Like someone else mentioned, there's no accounting for taste.

I think duds are unavoidable if you want to reuse certain molds like the female cyclops or the squarefoot. i don't think those are many peoples favorites, but they are probably cost effective.

Discussing the "best" CMFs is simply elevating personal opinions, and I see the outcome as a big argument. I have a few panda suit CMFs, which I now regret, but otherwise I have no suited characters and I doubt I'll buy the shark suit guy either. I felt several hot dog suits while going through a box and put them all back. The best "theme" is whatever you like; just because I don't like them doesn't mean they're bad (and no, I don't care about collectability or making money reselling) and just because lots of other people buy them doesn't make me foolish. "Best" should not be confused with "most popular." I buy what I can use with few exceptions, which is why I like the queen in this upcoming series. Rating them according to what commands the highest price is simply a nod to their collectability and doesn't automatically make them "top figures."

That was only 2 series ago

I wouldn't say "never"

S13 Hotdog Man is such a popular minifigure that I wouldn't be surprised if they make another one soon

I sure hope they make more food minifigures like fry(ies),hamburger,and maybe a fruit?

I think a banana suit is almost a given.

Yep, especially since clumsy guy has him on his suit...

Pizza guy would be cool also... he can advertise all the pizzas :-)

The only concern I have with food suits, like the Hot Dog Man, is that their costume would end up being one large part, so I feel LEGO is very limited in what they can accomplish with that. Nothing too wide like a hamburger or pizza, since it needs to be narrow enough to expose the arms (or allow for some motion), and it needs to fit in the blind bags. That's why a Banana Suit or maybe a Taco Suit would work.

These aren't comparative to the animal suits as the animal suits can get away with a new part that only covers their head, whereas food suits will likely have to cover the whole body...

Edited by telaruhn