Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 15 Rumors and Discussion

2018? :wacko:

What are you CM4Sci? A seer? :classic:

But there is something weird there because we are already expecting 3 CMF series for 2016 but there are only two in the list.

I'd expect some more City-themed characters this time around, since the past few have leaned toward the fantastical and historical.

To me, I think a mixed series should have a good proportion of different themes. It's determined by LEGO and only when it's a themed series do TLG incline to make lots of minifigures from the same theme.

None of these say Series 15, 16, 17, etc, and they've got different years? I know these seem like common sense, order or whatever, but these are the numbers!

If that's true, what I think is that we still have several CMF series every year but LEGO would only do ONE normal series every year from now on....? :sceptic:

I really liked some of the themed series, but still wouldn't really be happy if we have fewer chances to get the generic figures that can only be found in normal series... one chance per year is kinda....

To me, I think a mixed series should have a good proportion of different themes. It's determined by LEGO and only when it's a themed series do TLG incline to make lots of minifigures from the same theme.

If that's true, what I think is that we still have several CMF series every year but LEGO would only do ONE normal series every year from now on....? :sceptic:

I really liked some of the themed series, but still wouldn't really be happy if we have fewer chances to get the generic figures that can only be found in normal series... one chance per year is kinda....

But each series has a focus. Series 10 had mostly civilian characters, while S11 had more fantasy characters.

But each series has a focus. Series 10 had mostly civilian characters, while S11 had more fantasy characters.

Kind of. We can infer that to a degree, but it's never determined by more than a fig or 2 one way or the other.

None of these say Series 15, 16, 17, etc, and they've got different years? I know these seem like common sense, order or whatever, but these are the numbers!

71011 Confidential Minifigures 2016

71012 Confidential Minifigures 2017

71013 Minifigures 2016 Confidential

71014 Confidential Minifigures 2018

Thanks for the info CM4Sci! Somehow I feel the 2016, 2017, and 2018 aren't supposed to be there. It would be quite a shame if they only released 1 CMF series a year, even if it does give my wallet some reprieve, or gives me opportunities to buy from other themes.

After two themed series, I hope we get a diverse mix of themes for Series 15. I know I'm not supposed to list my wishes, but in general I hope to see more figures tied to the MMO worlds as well as a music performer. With Series 14: Monsters being released soon, I also wonder if they'll have a monster or some other creature in Series 15...

Thanks for the info CM4Sci! Somehow I feel the 2016, 2017, and 2018 aren't supposed to be there. It would be quite a shame if they only released 1 CMF series a year, even if it does give my wallet some reprieve, or gives me opportunities to buy from other themes.

After two themed series, I hope we get a diverse mix of themes for Series 15. I know I'm not supposed to list my wishes, but in general I hope to see more figures tied to the MMO worlds as well as a music performer. With Series 14: Monsters being released soon, I also wonder if they'll have a monster or some other creature in Series 15...

Imagine that your wanted character only has one chance to be in the upcoming series, and if you miss it, you have to wait for one more year for another chance.... that sounds not so good to me. :sceptic: And I kinda wonder if kids are able to keep up with the collection if it's interval is too long?

Some of the ideas like new zombies of old characters were pretty exclusive to a Monster series. I believe there are monsters that don't belong to the Halloween range, though maybe Series 15 would temporarily skip these in order to sell all series 14 bags out.

Edited by Dorayaki

Honestly, I think what they did this year and may be doing next year is a good idea. One "normal" series - call it a diverse series if you want, one that has figures from a variety of themes. One licensed series - this year The Simpsons, next year Disney I guess (this topic was the first I'd heard of a Disney series). And one themed series - this year it was Monsters, next year it could be castle, or space, or city, etc. That's a nice steady pace I think, and also has the potential to be easier on our wallets. I have been a diehard CMF collector from the start, and I have completed every series through 13 with the exception of The LEGO Movie, which I'm still working on. But the novelty of the Simpsons wore off and I decided not to buy any of series 2 this year. I also buy a lot of extras of figures I really like for castle/fantasy purposes. I'm sure a lot of other collectors do the same thing, and some people's extras are space or city figures as opposed to castle. In the case of the Monsters series, I love it, and a lot of the figures are going to be useful for me. Now if next year they decided to do a City theme, it doesn't bother me, sure I won't be getting any extras but I'll save a bunch of money. And a "normal" series will still be released that should have a couple figures I'll find use for.

The point is, they've already released 13 "normal" series, with plenty of figures to satisfy everyone. I don't think it's a big deal to slow it down a little and release specialized series in between. It gives some adult collectors a chance for a break, while giving fans (kids and adults alike) of the specialized series out at the time a treat. I mean, imagine if they released a castle series. I wouldn't even worry about feeling the bags, at least not at first, I'd just grab a few knowing I'd be happy with whatever I got, including extras. And as far as waiting in between releases, I don't know about where everyone else lives, but where I live the recent series have been stocked and restocked all year. I saw some series 12 on sale in Toys R Us two weeks ago, and they've been out almost a year (they've also been on sale for a few months). Today Walmart had restocked series 13 and I picked up a few more. And you can always go on eBay or Bricklink if you missed a figure when it was in stores.

I agree Phyre. I would not mind it too greatly if they had one themed series a year so that my wallet got a break. For me the monsters series is not that great a draw. I don't really like zombies unless it is in a high fantasy setting so zombie cheerleaders and businessmen are of no interest to me personally. I'll get some from the series that have more diverse uses. I basically skipped the Lego Movie series too as I had no interest in the robot cops. I got the coffee barista, the taco guy, an Emmet for the hat and construction outfit, but the rest I was happy to leave. I got both Simpsons series but might skip a Disney one.

One themed series I wish they would do is Star Wars. I know you can't just slap all the main characters in a CMF series as it would likely hurt set sales. But there are so many other characters they could do that would be a complementary add-on for the sets. Forget clone/storm trooper variant 348521. Give me some of the other less important characters in a CMF series and I sure will buy them to flesh out the world.

Imagine if they had an Ewok that is not in the Ewok Village or other Endors sets, a guard from Jabba's palace that was not in that set or the sail barge, a bounty hunter that had not been in the SSD or another set, an alien that was not in the Mos Eisley cantina set, etc. There are so many lesser characters and back in the 80s just about all of them would get a figure eventually in the regular action figure line. That series would sell like hot cakes for sure!

Edited by Naijel

I have never understood the impetus to collect them all. Where I can, I buy what I want for build purposes. I also dismantle figs. From the Simpsons series I only bought Apu for his body, and used it for GOH. I got a few from TLM.

A Star Wars series is never going to happen. Hasbro saw to that when they sued Lego about the magnet sets. Exclusive action figure rights. That's why they are glued down.

Star Wars is a nearly 20 years old theme.... They have released hundreds of minifigures...

Do you really need to invade another theme just to get 16 more?? .... I don't about this idea

---

About themed Series, I think it could happen, but I don't think we'll get a City CMF series:

-City is an evergreen theme, we already get a lot of minifigures every year

-There are a lot of City CMF already. Much more than Monsters

Edited by Robert8

I can't see City as a themed CMF release but Winter Village would work great. There have been very limited torsos that work for that so far.

I also don't see a City series coming to fruition, mainly because these series always have a touch of fantasy that would be lost if it only had figures that we see in everyday life. That and most fantasy figures nowadays are flesh toned because they're under a license...

Personally would rather see a return to the usual 3 series a year. Didn't buy any of the Simpsons and the Monsters sets probably won't be that useful to me personally. I liked the original standard series as there was a bit of something for everyone. My favourite part was the new accessories so hopefully Series 15 will contain lots of new moulds.

As a City fan, a Winter Village theme would be of great interest (and a Summer counterpart too!). A music theme would be excellent to allow a full orchestra to be built or an animal theme where each character has an animal accessory (like the captain's seagull, trendsetter's Chihuahua, witch's cat). This could include a range of themes (a pirate and a blue macaw, an explorer with a toucan, Australian with koala, medieval falconer, a vet with rabbit...) However, this would be unfair to Space, Castle fans, etc and I would understand their frustration knowing how annoying it is when a series is replaced by 16 figures you have no interest in (like the Simpsons for me). Not looking forward to the Disney one at all.

Honestly, I think what they did this year and may be doing next year is a good idea. One "normal" series - call it a diverse series if you want, one that has figures from a variety of themes. One licensed series - this year The Simpsons, next year Disney I guess (this topic was the first I'd heard of a Disney series). And one themed series - this year it was Monsters, next year it could be castle, or space, or city, etc. That's a nice steady pace I think, and also has the potential to be easier on our wallets. I have been a diehard CMF collector from the start, and I have completed every series through 13 with the exception of The LEGO Movie, which I'm still working on. But the novelty of the Simpsons wore off and I decided not to buy any of series 2 this year. I also buy a lot of extras of figures I really like for castle/fantasy purposes. I'm sure a lot of other collectors do the same thing, and some people's extras are space or city figures as opposed to castle. In the case of the Monsters series, I love it, and a lot of the figures are going to be useful for me. Now if next year they decided to do a City theme, it doesn't bother me, sure I won't be getting any extras but I'll save a bunch of money. And a "normal" series will still be released that should have a couple figures I'll find use for.

The point is, they've already released 13 "normal" series, with plenty of figures to satisfy everyone. I don't think it's a big deal to slow it down a little and release specialized series in between. It gives some adult collectors a chance for a break, while giving fans (kids and adults alike) of the specialized series out at the time a treat. I mean, imagine if they released a castle series. I wouldn't even worry about feeling the bags, at least not at first, I'd just grab a few knowing I'd be happy with whatever I got, including extras. And as far as waiting in between releases, I don't know about where everyone else lives, but where I live the recent series have been stocked and restocked all year. I saw some series 12 on sale in Toys R Us two weeks ago, and they've been out almost a year (they've also been on sale for a few months). Today Walmart had restocked series 13 and I picked up a few more. And you can always go on eBay or Bricklink if you missed a figure when it was in stores.

I second every single word.

I find myself in your words expecially when you said "I wouldn't even worry about feeling the bags, at least not at first, I'd just grab a few knowing I'd be happy with whatever I got, including extras."

That would be my dream and my wallet's nightmare.

Series 14 is already a prolbem in this terms, since it seems I do pick the same kind of minifigs you do pick, and Gargoyle, Banshee, Spectre, Fly, Zombie Pirate, Werewolf (headpiece and tail) Plant Monster (with different head), Sasquatch are all must-have-s for me.

One themed series I wish they would do is Star Wars. I know you can't just slap all the main characters in a CMF series as it would likely hurt set sales. But there are so many other characters they could do that would be a complementary add-on for the sets. Forget clone/storm trooper variant 348521. Give me some of the other less important characters in a CMF series and I sure will buy them to flesh out the world.

Imagine if they had an Ewok that is not in the Ewok Village or other Endors sets, a guard from Jabba's palace that was not in that set or the sail barge, a bounty hunter that had not been in the SSD or another set, an alien that was not in the Mos Eisley cantina set, etc. There are so many lesser characters and back in the 80s just about all of them would get a figure eventually in the regular action figure line. That series would sell like hot cakes for sure!

I wouldn't like such, nor a lot of non-SW fan. I don't buy fleshies and the only reason I've bought Simpsons is: they're yellow so they're reusable.

I don't think that would sell as much as you think.

But we don't have to even think about that because

A Star Wars series is never going to happen. Hasbro saw to that when they sued Lego about the magnet sets. Exclusive action figure rights. That's why they are glued down.

this.

I agree Phyre. I would not mind it too greatly if they had one themed series a year so that my wallet got a break. For me the monsters series is not that great a draw. I don't really like zombies unless it is in a high fantasy setting so zombie cheerleaders and businessmen are of no interest to me personally. I'll get some from the series that have more diverse uses. I basically skipped the Lego Movie series too as I had no interest in the robot cops. I got the coffee barista, the taco guy, an Emmet for the hat and construction outfit, but the rest I was happy to leave. I got both Simpsons series but might skip a Disney one.

I personally love the Monsters series but that's largely due to being a huge fan of Halloween my entire life. I can't say I'll be using many of them in my larger LEGO layout but I still love them and can't wait to use them in some displays, especially when I bring my Haunted House set out onto the kitchen counter during October. :P One themed series I would really like is Super Heroes, but there might be similar issues as we have with Star Wars.

I have never understood the impetus to collect them all. Where I can, I buy what I want for build purposes. I also dismantle figs. From the Simpsons series I only bought Apu for his body, and used it for GOH. I got a few from TLM.

For me personally, I just like collecting them all because I have from the beginning and it's cool to have a complete collection of something. I wish I had more than two modular buildings and more than three UCS Star Wars sets, but at least I can say I have (almost) every CMF released. It makes a cool display and it's also fun to have unique figures that don't fit in with my castle/fantasy LEGO collection. I often have fun with them displaying them with my winter village collection every year where they are all doing different things (i.e. all the space figures battling on the rooftops, the horror figures running the carousel). Collecting them all isn't for everybody but it's something I enjoy. I also buy extra figures for armies as well as for pieces to make my own characters. The Simpsons are separate from the numbered releases and also aren't very useful to combine with regular figures (at least for my purposes), so I didn't buy Series 2 and only bought Series 1 for the novelty and also with the potential of selling them in the future when they might become more valuable.

About themed Series, I think it could happen, but I don't think we'll get a City CMF series:

-City is an evergreen theme, we already get a lot of minifigures every year

-There are a lot of City CMF already. Much more than Monsters

I only mentioned City as an example of a standalone theme they could do. Not saying it's likely or even something I'd want. I'd much rather have a castle, fantasy, or mythology theme. Even a space theme would be pretty cool. City would be last on my last, but that's why I included that example because it would be a series I'd largely skip.

I second every single word.

I find myself in your words expecially when you said "I wouldn't even worry about feeling the bags, at least not at first, I'd just grab a few knowing I'd be happy with whatever I got, including extras."

That would be my dream and my wallet's nightmare.

Series 14 is already a prolbem in this terms, since it seems I do pick the same kind of minifigs you do pick, and Gargoyle, Banshee, Spectre, Fly, Zombie Pirate, Werewolf (headpiece and tail) Plant Monster (with different head), Sasquatch are all must-have-s for me.

Yes, we do seem to like the same kinds of minifigs. The ones you listed are all highlights for me as well. To be honest, I may not even bother feeling Series 14 when they first hit stores either. My wallet will definitely not be happy if they do end up deciding to do a castle theme. At least with Series 14 I won't be getting a huge amount of extras, at least no more than a normal series. The Gargoyle will probably be the only real army builder for me, although I may get a few extras of some of the others. But a castle series would have the potential to have tons of army builders, which is a slightly terrifying prospect.

Edited by Phyre

I only mentioned City as an example of a standalone theme they could do. Not saying it's likely or even something I'd want. I'd much rather have a castle, fantasy, or mythology theme. Even a space theme would be pretty cool. City would be last on my last, but that's why I included that example because it would be a series I'd largely skip.

The thing should be noticd is that retro themes don't look like good choices for themed series. We've known TLM series which was based on that film, that is an example not only the theme is special, but the series was binded with a regular set wave.

Every regular CMF series already gave us the CMFs that represent the retro LEGO themes. If we want a whole series to only include one retro theme, to me that sounds abit... boring? :look: It's not a theme idea, but sounds rather like a golden-egg goose. Regular series is good because it can include characters that don't come from any specific theme. In conclusion, I think themes for single CMF series would better be original themes or cooperation with TV/movie series promotion.

Personally would rather see a return to the usual 3 series a year. Didn't buy any of the Simpsons and the Monsters sets probably won't be that useful to me personally. I liked the original standard series as there was a bit of something for everyone. My favourite part was the new accessories so hopefully Series 15 will contain lots of new moulds.

Considering that TLG is probably lacking ideas, I don't expect them to milk their ideas again. Actually, the themed series and licensed series are good spices for me. It's just that the regular series minifigures become fewer and fewer and LEGO don't have a good plan for that. Simpsons was controversial because it came in a row of two.

My personal suggestion is there should be four series every year. Two of them are regular, so that every two regular series can insert a special series.

There is a topic in license forum and the replies should be there. Be alitttle offtopic here, despite both StarWars and Superheroes have a good character database, LEGO would more likely keep all of them in future regular sets so they don't need CMF series to complement their lack of characters.

That means, some other licenses that don't have regular sets (or don't fit in regular sets) would relatively have a good chance.

Edited by Dorayaki

I just hope we get a full space series or anything space related. It's possible they can still continue the themed series but consider them series 15 and so on.

If we get a space series, we'd probably get three aliens like the three zombies in the monster series. Anything space related type of minifigures, futurons, and maybe get those old classic space minifigures but updated.

I just hope we get a full space series or anything space related. It's possible they can still continue the themed series but consider them series 15 and so on.

If we get a space series, we'd probably get three aliens like the three zombies in the monster series. Anything space related type of minifigures, futurons, and maybe get those old classic space minifigures but updated.

Now i'm drooling. :grin:

I'd hope for something other than armored troopers/astronauts and aliens in a space series. Perhaps some sort of Space Monarch or other galactic citizen? But since this one is unthemed, I would hope for a little bit of everything. I'm still hoping for an evil Djinn reusing the Genie tail in red and the Snake Charmer turban in Dark Red. Maybe a teacher figure with an apple? It's too early to tell, though.

Edited by 8BrickMario

What if the disney collectible series is geared specifily for girls and uses the dolls figures instead of the regular minifigures? Since all the current disney princesses etc use the dolls system it would make sence for consistency, the range might me made up of characters missing from existing sets such as the fairy godmother, Cinderella's ugly sisters and mother, the witch from Rapunzel (using the new banshee hairpiece maybe), Aladin, Kristoff from frozen etc

Would you guys be open to it or would you be disappointed?

What if the disney collectible series is geared specifily for girls and uses the dolls figures instead of the regular minifigures? Since all the current disney princesses etc use the dolls system it would make sence for consistency, the range might me made up of characters missing from existing sets such as the fairy godmother, Cinderella's ugly sisters and mother, the witch from Rapunzel (using the new banshee hairpiece maybe), Aladin, Kristoff from frozen etc

Would you guys be open to it or would you be disappointed?

A reminder again, it's has own topic in License forum and please keep in-topic for the regular series in this thread

While Disney series is not totally confirmed, as long as "minifigure series" the franchise logo is kept for minifigures only, we won't see minidoll appear in CMF series until one day LEGO decide to do a new branch called "collectible minidoll (aka CMD?)" or officially mix minidolls and minifigures together in futher series or themes.

Edited by Dorayaki

I don't know about a Space themed CMF

Those tend to be kinda repetitive. For instance the Spaceman, Space Alien, Space Villain, Space Miner, Alien Villainess, Intergalactic Girl, Classic Alien and Evil Robot, all of the them have the same accessory: the ray gun

Not to mention repetitive astronauts/troopers. But we know S15 is the unthemed series of the year.

We don't know yet if S15 will be themed or not. We'll have to wait to see if this series appears in retailers sites with a name attached to it, like "Monsters"

By the way, if this not a themed series, I guess the color will be orange

Edited by Robert8