Kai NRG

Laying the First Stone!

The bright sun shone in a cloudless sky, warming the group of pioneers gathered to watch as Ageven placed the first stone for Auner's new chapel. As he ceremonially lay it in place, the multitude spontaneously burst into song:

"Praise to the Lord, the Almighty, the King of Creation!

Oh my soul, praise him, for he is they health and salvation!

All ye who hear, Now to his temple draw near,

Join me in glad adoration."

20195958520_43289e558a_z.jpg

20375428492_31606f6445_z.jpg

A fairly quick free-build, partly to get some use out of my new olive green! :wub: As a matter of fact, I was surprised with how well that color seems to work with lime! Hopefully I can scrounge enough of the two together when I go to do the entire building!

Thanks for checking it out!

The colors are nice but I most appreciate the throng of onlookers. We don't often see settings that focus so heavily on the people involved, and this does it quite well. You can almost feel their excitement.

Love the color scheme!

Thanks!

The colors are nice but I most appreciate the throng of onlookers. We don't often see settings that focus so heavily on the people involved, and this does it quite well. You can almost feel their excitement.

Thanks Captain Dee! I've finally gotten all my minifig pieces so for once building people was fun!

Neat colors!

Thank you!

Nice colours!

Thanks LV!

Ok - then we'll wait to see the chapel! :wink:

Yep! :grin:

Nice build. I look forward for the chapel!

Is the song written by you or a psalm?

Edited by Petric_G

Nice job! And your right, the olive works well here. :wink:

Thank you Jakorin! I'm looking forward to getting some good use out of those pieces!

Nice build. I look forward for the chapel!

Is the song written by you or a psalm?

Thanks! It's not exactly a psalm (though it is based off one), however, I didn't do the arranging. It's several hundred years old though (c.1620)!

I like this!

Thanks!

Very nice build! The lime green/olive green work well together and the minifigs are great too :thumbup:

Thank you LJ!

Nice atmosphere!

Thanks Gideon!

I wonder what deity this temple will be too - Historica sure seems to have a multitude of religions! :laugh:

I think the lime green is a little harsh for groundwork, but it actually does work relatively well with olive green.

I will be looking forward to seeing this building when it is done!

I wonder what deity this temple will be too - Historica sure seems to have a multitude of religions! :laugh:

I think the lime green is a little harsh for groundwork, but it actually does work relatively well with olive green.

I will be looking forward to seeing this building when it is done!

A lot like the real world in that way! I stick to the true one though. :wink:

Yes, I agree that lime green is usually a bit much, but I've been playing around with it lately and it does work out well sometimes!

Thanks!

The colors work well together!

Thanks UM!

A lot like the real world in that way! I stick to the true one though. :wink:

It might be good to use a fictional religion since it's a fictional world though, I could see things getting heated if someone tried to bring Christianity or Buddhism or any other real-world religion into Historica, but I bet no one would have a problem if it was different enough to be fictional but still have the same role as its real world counterpart.

It might be good to use a fictional religion since it's a fictional world though, I could see things getting heated if someone tried to bring Christianity or Buddhism or any other real-world religion into Historica, but I bet no one would have a problem if it was different enough to be fictional but still have the same role as its real world counterpart.

:look:

Well, I'm not going to be preaching sermons, so no one should have any trouble! And while I see where you're coming from, no matter how fictional my characters are, I still very emphatically want the good guys at the very least to adhere to the same standards I adhere to. But let's not start an argument!

Fun scene, the numerous figs add to the festive atmosphere :thumbup: It is a little odd that they don't seem to have leveled ground or made any preparations for the building, before laying the first stone though.

Fun scene, the numerous figs add to the festive atmosphere :thumbup: It is a little odd that they don't seem to have leveled ground or made any preparations for the building, before laying the first stone though.

:laugh: That's because this is ceremonial, so to speak. Who would want to stand around on a bunch of mud just to see the first stone laid down? :tongue: Thanks!

You've heard it before but I like the color scheme. Must be a lil jealous of that color they got going over there in M.A.N.T.I.S haha.