dr_sarcophagus

MOC - San Francisco Taxi

Here is my 6 wide MOC 'inspired by' the old San Francisco taxis. I was particularly happy with the wheel solution - one of those 'Eureka moments' when all of a sudden you discover exactly the solution you need.

20355928746_8110b856c7.jpg

20194179658_fc5b8ef0fb.jpg

20194101020_fb75384b41.jpg

]20194064220_2317512beb.jpg

19759420424_bd987b66e2.jpg

Edited by dr_sarcophagus

It looks like it getting ready to talk, in that first picture…

Steve

Cute taxi. In front looks a bit cartoonish, like in the Cars animation. I like it :)

Very nice! Reminds me of the Hudson hornet

Thanks! It does have that 40s look to it. But with all the Cars references I'm starting to think that grille might make it a bit cartoonish. I think I might try it without.

I like the use of the binoculars, I struggled to think of an alternate solution when designing a New York inspired taxi, I just ended up using a single light instead of two on each side. Seems so obvious now.

It's not my idea, I saw it on Eurobricks somewhere. Can't remember where otherwise I would have credited the originator. Perfect solution for 6-wide. Now come to think of it I think I have seen yellow binoculars in a set....

Edited by dr_sarcophagus

Thanks! It does have that 40s look to it. But with all the Cars references I'm starting to think that grille might make it a bit cartoonish. I think I might try it without.

nonono leave the grill there! it gives it its feeling and the look of a classic car with the giant grilles that looked like mustaches.

OK :) I've got a corner gas station that need finishing first anyway. I'll see what the head mechanic has to say about it when it's completed :grin:.

Nice techiques, very clean design!

funny, i used the the large wheel fender aswell, but as a bumper on my mercedes AMG recently. its a perfect piece for a 6 wide! good choice man!

BTW the binocular use for either headlights or exhaust pipes is done by several builders all the time, so no need to search for a "credit due". (as stated, its rather obvious, will be hard to find the originator).

Keep up your good work,

greets, ron.