mysteriouspi

[MOC] CCBS Matoran/Turaga with Mata Heads

I've been wanting to recreate Generation 1 characters in CCBS for a while. The main problem was that I wanted to use the old Mata heads (so I could fit both old masks and krana), but conventional methods of attaching said head to a CCBS torso looked ridiculous. Solution? Build a new torso.

First up is Bingzak Kongu, displaying the Matoran build:

ccbs_kongu_with_mata_head.jpg

kongu_front.jpg

kongu_side.jpg

I partially used the Mask of Light movie as a guide when building these; it mostly influences the neck and the shape of the arms.

kongu_skeleton_front.jpg

kongu_skeleton_minus_belly.jpg

Full skeleton in the first picture. The second shows where the chest plate attachment and neck socket fit. The black bracket piece doesn't connect to the socket directly but it keeps it from jiggling around much.

kongu_skeleton_detail.jpg

kongu_skeleton_back.jpg

Can't say I care for the back much, but it's not an eyesore.

Next up is Narmoto Vakama with the Turaga build:

ccbs_vakama_with_mata_head.jpg

vakama_front.jpg

The Turaga are a bit more broad and wide than the Matoran to accommodate the sockets for the legs. Vakama features his stole from Mask of Light.

vakama_skeleton_side.jpg

vakama_skeleton_minus_belly.jpg

Full skeleton along with a better shot of how the front and neck joint connect to the rest of the torso, similar to the Matoran build.

vakama_skeleton_back.jpg

Shot of the back. This is the biggest problem with the Turaga build: it's very boxy. Adding the stole (connected by the four exposed studs) helps somewhat. The light bley pieces will be changed to black once I get ahold of some.

vakama_vs_bohrok.jpg

"Back! Back you foul creature! One more step or I'll--" (Wrong villain, I know, but ssshhh. :wink: )

You can really see how the back sticks out here. Again, not a fan, but I don't currently have a solution.

Bonus: Turaga Korgot Whenua!

ccbs_whenua.jpg

whenua_side.jpg

Giving him his hunch was as easy as connecting the neck to the back of the head instead of the eyestalk. He needs Dark Bluish Gray hands but those will have to wait until I get some. :grin:

Thanks for looking! Comments and critiques are highly appreciated.

Edited by mysteriouspi

These are simple and yet very charming, much like the Tuaga and Matoran from 2001 and 2003 respectively. Keep up the good work!

These are simple and yet very charming, much like the Tuaga and Matoran from 2001 and 2003 respectively. Keep up the good work!

Thanks! The simplicity was part of the goal, so I'm glad it worked. :classic:

Pretty simple, but that's the point. ;) Very clever yet obvious way to attach a Mata head to CCBS parts!

I'm not too much of a fan of the studs though; would it look better with plates?

Edited by BBBeavarr

These are awesome! Well done. I particularly like how you included the sholes on the Turaga.

There is one way, to easy attach Mata head to CCBS body, but it need to cut one of CCBS bones part. http://i.imgur.com/agHSauJ.jpg

Best part mutilation ever. Like this is a lego cutting I approve of. I don't approve of much lego cutting, but this had to be done.

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

Pretty simple, but that's the point. ;) Very clever yet obvious way to attach a Mata head to CCBS parts!

I'm not too much of a fan of the studs though; would it look better with plates?

Thanks! I would prefer tiles too, but the back of the stole is a 4x6 plate held on by two studs. Difficult to do that with tiles, unfortunately.

There is one way, to easy attach Mata head to CCBS body, but it need to cut one of CCBS bones part. http://i.imgur.com/agHSauJ.jpg

Certainly a clever idea, though I'm a purist and wouldn't dream of cutting parts to achieve such ends. :tongue: