DanSto

[MOC] Notre Dame de Paris (Architecture)

I am pleased to introduce you my latest Architecture MOC : Notre Dame de Paris

20177174618_c14b4a69f7_c.jpg

Notre Dame de Paris (LEGO Architecture) by Daniel Stoeffler, on Flickr

The model uses 2200 parts and the building process can be followed into

A building instruction and a file of the Bricklink inventory are available.

Some more pictures :

20177123810_974068068b_c.jpg

20356672902_6c2e866d8d_c.jpg

20371291541_34906b5e9e_c.jpg

20177173458_d7f39eccd8_c.jpg

More pictures into this Flickr Album.

Finally, the model is nearly at the same scale as Notre Dame de Strasbourg

20356672122_3cd22d131f_c.jpg

Notre Dame de Paris vs Notre Dame de Strasbourg (LEGO Architecture) by Daniel Stoeffler, on Flickr

Edited by DanSto

I agree, you have two very much ready to sell MOC's, would buy both, super job on both.

Thank you all :wink: .

This cathedral can be viewed at the entrance of the SOouest commercial center at Levallois Perret where a Legostore is located. This small, but valuable, "exposition" displays the Josephine Baker House (by Archiwheel), the Centre Pompidou (by Fujiia), the Arc de Triomphe (by Rhakam), the Bilbiothèque François Mitterrand (by Stephane769) and this Notre Dame de Paris cathedral.

The entrance of the SOouest center :

20995633338_31deb6d391_c.jpg

Vitrine at SO-ouest (main view) by Daniel Stoeffler, sur Flickr

The whole display :

21157309456_db92fe9bd6_c.jpg

Vitrine at SO-ouest (whole view) by Daniel Stoeffler, sur Flickr

The cathedral :

20560866924_af999ff3e1_c.jpg

Vitrine at SO-ouest (Notre Dame de Paris) by Daniel Stoeffler, sur Flickr

(Photos by Stephane769 with kind permission.)

Thanks to Stéphane for having managed this project.

Thank you all :wink: .

This cathedral can be viewed at the entrance of the SOouest commercial center at Levallois Perret where a Legostore is located. This small, but valuable, "exposition" displays the Josephine Baker House (by Archiwheel), the Centre Pompidou (by Fujiia), the Arc de Triomphe (by Rhakam), the Bilbiothèque François Mitterrand (by Stephane769) and this Notre Dame de Paris cathedral.

Excellent MOC! Very cleverly designed.

Was it the SOouest shopping centre or TLC who organised the display? The last time I was at the LEGO store at SOouset, about a year and a half ago, it seemed to be having supply problems. About a quarter of the shelves were empty and many of the others only had one or two sets. I hope LEGO France has pulled its socks up since then.

Excellent MOC! Very cleverly designed.

Was it the SOouest shopping centre or TLC who organised the display? The last time I was at the LEGO store at SOouset, about a year and a half ago, it seemed to be having supply problems. About a quarter of the shelves were empty and many of the others only had one or two sets. I hope LEGO France has pulled its socks up since then.

Thanks. This has been done in collaboration with the LegoStore of SOouest ( http://www.soouest.c...e-boutique-lego ) which I don't known because I live near Strasbourg. This project has been initiated by Stéphane Roy alias Stephane769.

A wonderful, skillful build. The flying buttresses are a great touch.

Thanks.

Very nicely done! Interested to see what else you come up with!

Thanks. Maybe another cathedral :laugh: .

Just wanted to let u know that the model instructions do appear to be available on ebay, Dan. The seller does have some other instructions that appear to be copies of Lego instructions, maybe has used your video to engineer some slightly different instructions? If they are yours my apologies and great work - the model captures the building beautifully.

Edited by stebai

Stunning build. I am not a visitor of churches or other religious buildings, but Notre Dame is on my bucket list, and your build has reminded me of that.

9 hours ago, stebai said:

Just wanted to let u know that the model instructions do appear to be available on ebay, Dan. The seller does have some other instructions that appear to be copies of Lego instructions, maybe has used your video to engineer some slightly different instructions? If they are yours my apologies and great work - the model captures the building beautifully.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEGO-ARCHITECTURE-NOTRE-DAME-CATHEDRAL-CUSTOM-INSTRUCTIONS-ONLY-for-LEGO-Bricks/312443267237?hash=item48bf11e8a5:g:3hAAAOSw4sxcdGzz

It is very similar...

It looks similar but it is 50% larger than mine. So it is OK because it is a completely new build. Thanks for your interest ;)

do you have measurements of Notre Dam? I have been scouring Google for hour now, and I can;t find any - lenght, height, etc - I would like to build replica, but I can;t find any data to use as scale

If anyone can help, I would appriciate

Right after I post it, I found it

Ok, for future references:

dimensions of Notre-Dame

Total length: 130 m/427 ft long
Transept length: 2.25 m/14 ft
Choir length: 11 m/36 ft
Total width: 48 m/158 ft wide
Height of roof: 43 m
Height of vault: 35 m/115 ft
Height of side aisles: 3 m
Height of spire: 96 m
Height of twin towers: 69 m/226ft
Lancets: over 16 m/50ft high
South tower great bell:
13 tons, with 500kg clapper, tolled only on ‘solemn’ occasions
Total floor area: 4,800 m²
Diameter of north and south [transept] rose windows: 13.1 m/42½ ft
Diameter of west rose: 9.70 m

1,300 oaks, representing 21 hectares of forest, were used in the timbers and woodwork.

Edited by Angeli

Hello,

I just finished collecting the bricks for your building, and built it. Amazing details! Thanks for sharing the instructions and partlist.

However, maybe some notes on your partlist:

- the hose rigid is not used in the instructions?

- Bar 4L (Lightsaber Blade / Wand) is 26x in the instructions, in the partlist only 24x

In the instructions, I think I found two small mistakes:

- step 110 : I think a plate 1x4 should be used instead of brick 1x4

- step 131 : substep 3 : one plate 1x2 should be placed differently, otherwise you cannot mount the black 2x4 plate...

(I wanted to upload screenshots, but I cannot get the filesize lower than the 0.1mb allowed...)

My 6y old son already played with the set after I told him the story of this building, and set the roof on fire to extinguish it with his fire truck ;-)