Sign in to follow this  
MagPiesRUs

Ragnarök Now 3: Day Eight

Yup, triple checked now: Night four, you tracked Kapmaud, Zempk. Sorry about the mixup. The character names and the names of some of the players get mixed up in my brain.

Why are you saying Munud, though?

Yah. That's me getting character names mixed up too.

Vote Count

Petr Half-Troll (Piratedave84): 4 votes (Hinckley, Pandora, Chromeknight, TrumpetKing)

Pudding-Head (Hinckley): 2 votes (CallMePie, Piratedave)

No Vote: 1 (Adam)

4 votes are required to lynch. 5 hours remain in the day.

Or, like I suggested in my theory, there never was a claim. Remember how Pudding was all depressed over Lauga not getting day-killed by vengeful Tarr? It seemed like he was trying to get her silenced as soon as possible, to me.

Because Lauga was a better target than Jafri. I said I felt pretty confident Jafri was truthful in his PMs with me.

So...

What I'm gathering is we're still at square one in terms of "what have the scum been doing".

Because Lauga was a better target than Jafri. I said I felt pretty confident Jafri was truthful in his PMs with me.

And yet he was your first suggestion to Tarr to target? :wacko:

And yet he was your first suggestion to Tarr to target? :wacko:

I suggested Jafri or Petr since they were both completely unverified and untouched by NAs. He chose Jafri. I would've preferred Petr but it's his game and he seemed to prefer killing Jafri. Then I talked to Lauga and found her ridiculously Scummy. She said she didn't remember who she targeted, for Odin's sake. :wacko: You all agreed with me that she seemed Scummy or even were as confident as I was that she was Scum. I wanted the target to be Lauga because I had the feeling she was last Scum and felt wasting a Townie (Jafri) like that was...bad for the Town.

I suggested Jafri or Petr since they were both completely unverified and untouched by NAs. He chose Jafri. I would've preferred Petr but it's his game and he seemed to prefer killing Jafri. Then I talked to Lauga and found her ridiculously Scummy. She said she didn't remember who she targeted, for Odin's sake. :wacko: You all agreed with me that she seemed Scummy or even were as confident as I was that she was Scum. I wanted the target to be Lauga because I had the feeling she was last Scum and felt wasting a Townie (Jafri) like that was...bad for the Town.

Fair enough.

Let's look at the cases.

Case One has PuddingHink, Petdora and Adamar as scum, poised to win with one more lynch.

But Petdora is the one who pointed out the discrepancy with the track list and Adamar doesn't want to lynch PetrDave.

Case one doesn't float. Petdora and PuddingHink aren't both scum (or scum and SK partnered)

Case two has CMPnute, PetrDave and their new convert TokiKing as scum, poised to take over the game tonight by avoiding the lynch on Dave and either lynching PuddingHink today or killing tonight while Petdora the vig is blocked.

Case two is a live option and leads to game end.

So even though it looks like PuddingHink is a liar, or just not paying attention to screen names vs character names, if he is scum, he's scum by himself and can't win tonight.

If he isn't scum though. Team CMP can. Hink needs to be tested by lynching PetrDave.

It looks like Petr's going to be lynched, but I still want to dissect Crane's logic in where the heck most of this is coming from.

Why do you think there's THREE scum left? Since when I have ever suggested Agnar is scum in my theory??

You haven't. That's the hole in your theory. If there's not three scum, but only a scum and SK, the game doesn't end tonight.

Currently it's 5-2

Assuming Petr is town and lynched it's 4-2

Assume In the night there's two kills it'd be 2-2 which yes would be game over, but there's still a blocker and doc and bomb in play so there likely won't be two kills.

Why would I have suggested Pudding track Petr if Petr is on my scum team?

But you didn't. Not until after PuddingHink did and not until very late in the night.

And perhaps Dave wasn't supposed to be acting last night (he was going away after all). Knowing he'd be tracked and having him do nothing would've been a great result for you, we'd be lynching Adamar right now no doubt.

So...

What I'm gathering is we're still at square one in terms of "what have the scum been doing".

You have outlined pretty specifically that you think you know what Pudding-Head is doing and that he's scum. :wacko: Doesn't sound like you think we're at square one if you think you have it all figured out. A Petr lynch doesn't mean that we don't know what's happening. We're testing a claim in the most reliant way possible.

But you didn't. Not until after PuddingHink did and not until very late in the night.

And perhaps Dave wasn't supposed to be acting last night (he was going away after all). Knowing he'd be tracked and having him do nothing would've been a great result for you, we'd be lynching Adamar right now no doubt.

Why would Agnar be on the chopping block. Hasn't Toki been pretty much on our radar for the entire game? Wouldn't he be the next logical choice to look at?

You have outlined pretty specifically that you think you know what Pudding-Head is doing and that he's scum. :wacko: Doesn't sound like you think we're at square one if you think you have it all figured out. A Petr lynch doesn't mean that we don't know what's happening. We're testing a claim in the most reliant way possible.

Even if I'm completely right I'm incapable of doing anything about it if nobody agrees with me. :wacko: I'm not going to be uncooperative for the hell of it.

Unless Petr is town and the game continues into tomorrow. That'd be pretty great. :laugh:

I'm saying that since we seem to be going along with Pudding-Head's idea of a plan, we still have no clue what the scum have been up to, because he can't come up with an explanation for it, nobody in the town block can, nobody outside of the town block can, and my only real explanation if that Pudding is scum.

So if he's not, then I have no goddamn idea, and neither does anyone else.

So if he's not, then I have no goddamn idea, and neither does anyone else.

None of us have any idea. But none of us are being adamantly persistent about a sort-of-nutso theory in order to fill that gap in.

Why would Agnar be on the chopping block. Hasn't Toki been pretty much on our radar for the entire game? Wouldn't he be the next logical choice to look at?

Nah. I'd've gone for testing the bomb claim (since its scummy and we can't night kill him just in case it's true). ToKing has been sorta cleared by blocking (for no effect) and tracking (for no action reported).

None of us have any idea. But none of us are being adamantly persistent about a sort-of-nutso theory in order to fill that gap in.

If I wasn't adamant about it I wouldn't've bothered sharing it, look how much arguing is involved. :tongue:

Well, I'm assuming the game ends tonight, but things are definitely gonna be interesting if it doesn't.

Well, I'm assuming the game ends tonight, but things are definitely gonna be interesting if it doesn't.

If Petr is the only remaining Scum, it will.

Otherwise, it won't end for your theory as ... maybe I forgot to mention ... I'm the Town tracker and I tracked Petr targeting Toki.

You never answered my question about if you believe Petr's defense. You haven't addressed his idea that he left Town before he could get a Night Action in, yet that clearly isn't true.

If Petr is the only remaining Scum, it will.

Otherwise, it won't end for your theory as ... maybe I forgot to mention ... I'm the Town tracker and I tracked Petr targeting Toki.

You never answered my question about if you believe Petr's defense. You haven't addressed his idea that he left Town before he could get a Night Action in, yet that clearly isn't true.

What kind of perspective are you expecting? If you tracked him and he targeted someone then, well, obviously he's lying. What do I add to that? :laugh: I've pointed out the only real alternative a million times. I don't like dealing with stuff that happens outside of the game in the context of the game anyway.

My question was more geared towards "if Petr does come up scum and the game doesn't end, what then?"

I don't like dealing with stuff that happens outside of the game in the context of the game anyway.

He brought it into context of the game. He said he couldn't have gotten a NA in before the Night phase started and yet we have a post from him 12 hours into the night phase? That's not bringing anything from outside the game, that's just a fact.

He brought it into context of the game. He said he couldn't have gotten a NA in before the Night phase started and yet we have a post from him 12 hours into the night phase? That's not bringing anything from outside the game, that's just a fact.

Why are you even asking this? If you're telling the truth, then you know the answer: he's lying. There's not really an in-between or an argument to be made, as far as I can tell.

Why are you even asking this? If you're telling the truth, then you know the answer: he's lying. There's not really an in-between or an argument to be made, as far as I can tell.

I'm asking for your opinion on his defense.

This day isn't concluding in a way that satisfies or comforts me, but I'll take what I can get. In the event that Pudding Head is scum, I think the very fact that Pie raised the question is enough to throw a monkey wrench in his plans. I don't think it will be possible for him to win tonight if he's scum, not now that people doubt him.

Vote: Petr Half-Troll (Piratedave84)

The town clearly wants to lynch Petr based on the votes, and as I said before, what interests me most is learning Petr's allegiance. That will answer most of the questions of the day. It's just a shame that we won't be learning Petr's allegiance in what I believe to be the safest and most informative way possible.

I feel like I've been repeating myself a lot, so I'll try to keep this short. I still stand by my idea that it would be best to block and night kill Petr. This reduces the body count, allows us to learn Petr's allegiance and prevent him from doing anything in the night, and would theoretically keep both Canute and Pudding Head happy. At least, it might keep them from killing one another in real life once the game is over. To answer the question that Pudding Head raised: what if Petrus decided not to kill Petr? What then? Again, the idea was that even if this were to happen, the town would have information that we could act on. If Petrus did decide to not kill or to kill someone else, we would know to distrust him, and who he decided to kill would give us further information. I could spend the next few paragraphs detailing all of my reasoning behind this idea, but I've already done that in earlier posts, and frankly it would be pointless since it's clear that we're not going through with it.

If there's any time before the day ends, I would be very interested to hear what people have to say about the apparent lack of a third party in this game. Canute has stated the possibility that Petrus is a serial killer several times. If there is no third party, could that mean that there are six or seven scum? If Petrus is not the serial killer, and Pudding Head you seem to believe he is in fact the vigilante, how do we account for the lack of a third party, except by speculating that there are more scum than usual?

Vote Count

Petr Half-Troll (Piratedave84): 5 votes (Hinckley, Pandora, Chromeknight, TrumpetKing, Adam)

Pudding-Head (Hinckley): 2 votes (CallMePie, Piratedave)

4 votes are required to lynch. 1 hour remains in the day.

With a majority of 5 votes, Petr Half-Troll (Piratedave84) has been lynched. You have 24 hours to send in your night actions.

As the day drew to a close, the einherjar continued in a heated debate.

"I think you're corrupted! You win the game if I'm right," Canute argued.

"You're wrong. I'm the Town Tracker. I tracked Petr targeting Toki. He is Scum." Pudding-Head retorted.

"You win the game if I'm right!" Canute countered.

"You're wrong. I'm the Town Tracker. I tracked Petr targeting Toki. He is Scum." Pudding-Head announced.

"You win the game if I'm right!" claimed Canute.

"You're wrong. I'm the Town Tracker. I tracked Petr targeting Toki. He is Scum." replied Pudding-Head.

"You win the game if I'm right!" Canute responded.

"You're wrong. I'm the Town Tracker. I tracked Petr targeting Toki. He is Scum." Pudding-Head answered.

"Ok. Let's lynch Petr," the einherjar agreed.

IMG_2589_zpsjdmkggg5.jpg

But Petr Half-Troll (Piratedave84) was no where to be found. The einherjar had accidentally left him stranded in the woods earlier in the day!

IMG_2599_zpsd0psa0dw.jpg

"I'll get him!" Ragnar assured the others. He drew a crossbow bolt from behind his back.

IMG_2591_zpswolazb63.jpg

Listening intently, Ragnar loaded up his crossbow and aimed.

IMG_2592_zps86qvfbuy.jpg

The bolt shot off into the sky and the einherjar fell silent. A moment later, they heard a faint yelp in the distance.

"Got him," Ragnar said.

IMG_2594_zpsavs2nt9f.jpg