This is my fourth and final MOC revolving around Robin Hood, featuring Will Scarlet and Gamble Gold at an outpost, along with one of Prince John's soldiers.

This outpost features a fake rock wall in the back which can be raised up to reveal two crates of treasure and two small barrels of food. These merry men can also raise the ladder to prevent any intruders. As with my other three Robin Hood MOCs, any feedback is much appreciated. If there is enough interest in this and my other Robin Hood MOCs, there is one more set I am considering making.

This MOC is also a project on Lego Ideas. Feel free to support it here if you like it: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/110260

You can also see these and additional pictures in higher res on Flickr at https://www.flickr.c...157655824432309

19750324079_009edf75ec.jpg19942098311_14b79763b1.jpg

Edited by ootkaman

I would have loved to have seen this incorporated into a Hobbit set.

Nice work man. Perfect for play and display. :sweet::thumbup: :thumbup:

This is a set just begging to be released. Besides updated minifigs it looks like something straight from Forestmen. With regards to the wall, I think it would be better to open from the side like a door rather than from the top, but it's okay as it is. I also think the barrels of supplies are nice. Good work.

I appreciate it! Would you keep the rock wall so it raises up, or make it so it opens from the side?

I kind of like it the way it is, but having it open from the side might be better as far as playability. Either way is fine by me :classic:

I appreciate it! The set is lagging behind on Lego Ideas, so if it continues to lag I will release the instructions for anyone interested. I think the side door is good feedback and since I have heard that from a few people now I will implement it into a future update. I appreciate the feedback and compliments!

Thanks, Little John! I appreciate the response. I think the consensus is opening from the side. Opening like a trunk is fun in its own way, but I agree that the side would be more commonsensical (as in my Robin Hood tree and Little John lair).

This is a set just begging to be released. Besides updated minifigs it looks like something straight from Forestmen. With regards to the wall, I think it would be better to open from the side like a door rather than from the top, but it's okay as it is. I also think the barrels of supplies are nice. Good work.

I kind of like it the way it is, but having it open from the side might be better as far as playability. Either way is fine by me :classic:

Thanks for the feedback. I updated the hinge on Will Scarlet's post to swing horizontally instead of raise like a car trunk. Thank you for all of the support and feedback!

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/110260

20401664913_2af63df7db.jpg