Sign in to follow this  
LegoFjotten

[MOC] Washing Tub Pirate Raid

This is my first Pirates MOC, it was built for a competition at the Norwegian LUG Brikkelauget.

20159505328_cb83af910a_b.jpg

The dreaded washing tub pirates are raiding the fort while they are loading their valuables into the treasury.

19724249134_d4a4297f19_b.jpg

Captain "Black tooth" Gonzalez and his washing tub pirates in full on attack mode!

Many claim that the only reason he uses washing tubs is that he can't afford a proper ship, although he has repeatedly stated he prefers washing tubs for strategic and tactical reasons.

As usual, the merchant Carl (nicknamed Carl the coward by the locals), hides in one of his barrels.

20338423442_5ebb47df52_b.jpg

Marcel the Monkey quickly climbs up to cut down the treasure being lifted into the fort.

20346924055_76592dee2d_b.jpg

"Quick draw" Carl puts up a fight on the roof.

20352988311_63223d4d1b_b.jpg

One of the pirates is caught off guard when one of the local working girls for once doesn't sell herself cheap...

Check out the pictures in full resolution on Flickr: https://www.flickr.c...4564@N06/2Fy4N8

Edited by LegoFjotten

Very nice MOC with many great details. I particularly like the guy hiding in the barrel.

"Pillage the Village," anyone?

This is an excellent action scene. The fort looks great in those colors, and the dark brown tile roof is lovely. The tavern also looks nice with those arched windows, balcony and flat roof. The dock area is interesting at that angle and the volume of treasure is appropriate. The large half-barrels look good, but as watercraft the pirates have forgotten they lack room for treasure...

All the different minifigs look great in those poses; the woman fish-slapping the pirate is hilarious and the monkey is into it as well. The action may just be starting but it's well done. I'm guessing the redcoats, being highly-trained and disciplined, will beat the pirates back and string them all from the crane in one big noose before locking the gold safely away.

Good work!

Niceeeee! And even nicer of your LUG to make one such contest during summertime :) Indeed the frightened man hiding in the barrel is the shining star there!

Thank you for all your nice comments, glad you liked it!

I've added the other pictures and full story to the first post.

REALLY good :) I love all the details and the scene. I'm tempted to build something bigger pirate style too :)

I'm impressed with your detailed creation and story. Where is the ship which brought the treasures?

There was a size limit of 32x32 (or equivalent) for the competition, so no space for a ship unfortunately. Just imagine it is anchored out of view. :D

This would make an excellent retail set. I second what Cpt. Braunsfeld said about the great mixture of classic and modern pirates. Minifig scenes are great!

Such a beautifully vibrant scene! It's builds like this that make the Pirate theme what it is pirate_wubnew.gif Wonderful use of color, and so much minifig activity default_excited.gif

I featured this on my website: link

PtV, PtV, PtV!

Creations like this made me fall in love with this forum in the first place. pirate_wubnew.gif

Marvelous! Great and fun idea, very well executed, and so full of detail and slapstick.

Loving it!

Did it win you something at that competition?

Best regards,

KB

Absolutely stunning build! pirate_oh.gif The fort is fantastic, and I love that dock! thumbup.gif

Excellent palm trees and minifig posing too default_classic.gif

Thank's again for all your nice comments!

Did it win you something at that competition?

The deadline isn't until sunday, and it will probably take a week or two before the results are in. Will just have to wait and see...