CM4Sci

2016 Speed Champions Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Crap. Lego really knows how to make me spend all my money. I was planning on just getting the Mustang, since I own a 2013 Mustang, but the sets look so nice, it looks like I'll grab them all, even the Camaro one. :tongue:

Right, I'm starting to like them all, and want them all now.

Prices based on catalog entries (euros) and converted based on last year’s trends for speed champs sets.

Porsche 919 Hybrid and 917K Pit Lane

79,99 € / $79.99 / £64.99

Ford F-150 Raptor & Ford Model A Hot Rod

49,99 € / $49.99 / £32.99

Chevrolet Camaro Drag Race

34,99 € / $34.99 / £26.99

Audi R18 e-tron quattro

14,99 € / $14.99 / £12.99

Audi R8 LMS ultra

Chevrolet Corvette Z06

Ford Mustang GT

Edited by GallardoLU

Thank you very much for that. Looks like I'm set to spend at least $115 on all of the American car sets. I wonder if this will remain a TRU exclusive in the states?

75874 Chevy Camaro Drag Race is a must for my household. My girlfriend is a fan of contemporary Camaro. I'm a fan of '60s Camaro. We're gonna BROOM the hell out of this set when we'll buy it :grin:

75875 Ford F015 Raptor & Deuce is a must for me. This set is awesome not only because of hot rod, but also because of this fully equipped workshop.

That's cool! I'm glad Ford is embracing the Lego connection.

It helps to see how they're constructed. The back end of the Mustang is pretty intricate with all of those plates.

Those red rubber bands sticking from the bottom. C'mon Lego.....

They should be attached to the car's undercarriage in the middle, but at least the model has working suspension... It works great in 42001 Mini Off-Roader.

Important info on that Ford Instagram. "Available March 1st" while the German Catalog had April listed. seems that either only the ford sets will be early, or the USA will get access to the sets a month early.

phpibplsn.jpgphpiuxnj8.jpg

I absolutely love set 75875 Ford F-150 Raptor & Ford Model A Hot Rod

Hopefully there will be a LEGO Creator Expert version of the Ford F-150 Raptor one day, it's a superb car!

Edited by Emmi

Wow! The Raptor is excellent in-brick :wub:

small niggle, but shouldnt the grill say "RAPTOR" rather then "ford" if it really is a raptor rather then a generic F150?

EDIT: i was wrong, the Raptor has the big "FORD" grill, the generic F150 has a silver grill and the normal ford badge on the hood. Somehow i got it in my head that the raptor had a big RAPTOR grill

Edited by vectormatic

small niggle, but shouldnt the grill say "RAPTOR" rather then "ford" if it really is a raptor rather then a generic F150?

EDIT: i was wrong, the Raptor has the big "FORD" grill, the generic F150 has a silver grill and the normal ford badge on the hood. Somehow i got it in my head that the raptor had a big RAPTOR grill

Yup, the high-end versions have "RAPTOR" written on the side, either on the doors or on the bed's walls.

custom release or not I will have to clone that car later (when I can get my hands on enough black fenders) though it will never have those awesome rims.... I hate that Lego does special one off models in this theme for people, least they could do is make custom ones that we can recreate, instead of unique parts/colors :/

EDIT: I do like the use of the new Nexu knights shield as an intake cover, very nicely done!

Edited by GallardoLU