CM4Sci

2016 Speed Champions Sets - Rumours and Discussion

First wayve was mostly from european brands and F1.

This year is mostly fror american brands and LeMans.

Next year we could have.... JAPAN !!

Imagine a Civic TypeR, WRX STi and GT-R!! It could be epic...

*snip*

This wave is a home run for me, even if we haven't seen the Corvette.

I can literally hear your wallet cry...

-@ XAxles; I should have known you would be the most excited for these pics. :laugh:

I have to agree with you guys on the Mustang, she needs a nose-job. It should be much more rectangular and masculine, as a real American musclecar should be. The R18 and Camaro sets are so sweet, I can't wait to get my mits on them. I am looking forward to the 75875 Ford Raptor/ Model A set most of all, But I will have to add another row of amber lights to the drag racing christmas tree to make it offical NHRA specs, but that's just one of those tiny details that you find in most any set. The toolbox / workshop area here is fan-freakin-tastic. :thumbup:

There aren't as good looking as the first wave, IMO. The Mustang is the best, I think the headlight can be fixed by SNOTting a 1x2 cheese slope on the front instead of SNOTting a 2x2 curved on the side like they did here. I would also maybe lengthen the "fastback" by 1 or even 2 studs, the Mustang does not have a prominent notchback ( at least not 3-studs prominent). From the weird angle I think the Camaros look good, too. :thumbup:

The Audis look like disasters without stickers :thumbdown:

This wave is a home run for me, even if we haven't seen the Corvette.

I can literally hear your wallet cry...

Good thing I don't have a wallet.

Without any wallet, how you gonna buy any lego sets? Using magic? *oh2*

Using my purse, of course.

The Mustang's headlights look awful. They're essentially on the side of the car, imagine how bad that'll look straight on. That said, it'll be the first I get, because Mustang. Do they make that 1x2 sloped piece in the dark trans? I wonder how that would look in place of the sticker.

Agree, I hate how the Mustang's headlight looks. There's more better ways to make it look better. The R8 LMS Ultra also suffer for similar problem like the Mustang.

The R18, R8 and Porsche sets are a day one purchase for me. Speaking of day one, will that be in January or around March or April like the first wave was?

75871 Ford Mustang GT : overall not bad, as has been stated the "Fastback" ends a bit short, and the headlights are terrible to say the least, still I'll probably get one 6/10

75872 Audi R18 'e tron quattro' : Very nice, shaping looks good nothing to complain about here. A must have 9/10

75873 Audi R8 LMS ultra : another good build, but the nose seems to have been shorted a bit, (sticker for most details) again I'll probably get one 8/10

75874 Chevrolet Camaro Drag Race : I Love the old Camaro (though I might remove the blower) its over all a great car, the New Camaro though not so great, still better than the mustang. 10/10 for old 7/10 for new and an overall of 8/10

75875 Ford F 150 Raptor Ford Model A Hot Rod : The Raptor looks pretty good, but needs to be stretched out a bit, an easy fix, the ride height is way to high, but the inclusion of a possible suspension may make up for that. The trailer is nice and Roadster looks terrific. bonus the "Christmas tree" (drag strip lights) pair very well with the Camaro set. another 9/10

75876 Porsche 919 Hybrid and 917K Pit Lane : this is the set I've been waiting for! Porsche 917K specifically the 1970 Le Mans winner looks stunning! I was seriously worried about this one as the cars shape is not something that plays well with Lego. still with the limits that exist this is just beautiful! the 919 also looks great, its shape very well recreated here. the Pit lane is also very nice, though I could do without it (to save some cash) it still has many great features and I am curious what the "Lane" side looks like. I may be a bit biased but this is an insta- buy 10/10(917K #23 1970 Le Mans winner is one of my all time favorite cars)

Edited by GallardoLU

I am REALLY happy with the mix of old and new speed in This second wave!!! I think that can make this theme last awhile! Here's to hoping for a F40 and a 944!!

944? I don't recall that being all that special of a car... now the Porsche 959.... That was a beast! (it is the number 1 rival to the F40)

EDIT: I typo'd (thanks for the catch)

Edited by GallardoLU

944? I don't recall that being all that special of a car... now the Porsche 969.... That was a beast! (it is the number 1 rival to the F40)

You mean 959.

This is so exciting! I've owned half a dozen Mustangs, so that one is a sure buy for me. I'll be transforming it to an 8 stud-wide body like I did the Porche 918 and La Ferrari.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=106436&hl=

I agree that there's something "off" about the Mustang's front end, but maybe adding a couple of studs in width will help that.

I also dig the Camaro race and Raptor/Model A hot rod. I'll be buying that one for sure. I can't believe we're getting a minifig race driver with a Ford logo!!! :wub:

The sets overall looks better that the sets from this year (Except the Mustang and the R8 LMS)

And CM4Sci, is there any more detail about the sets packaging instead of them been green?

is there any more detail about the sets packaging instead of them been green?

I'll make a guess and say not much. The back of the box, however, is the more interesting bit.

The pictures I got are extremely, super super prelim. All of em are plain and have no prints, grey scribbles for backgrounds, cobbled together minifigures, and just aren't finished what so ever. One set has a really clever trophy build using a roller skate in gold. Another had a completely blacked out car for whatever reason.

Edited by CM4Sci

Well the leak pictures are already been taked down, so where can i get the pictures back?

Brickset.com. They still have the images.

Brickset.com. They still have the images.

Wait a sec. They're gone too. Sorry.

if you still haven't seen them a Google image search for "Lego Speed Champions 2016" will bring them all up, just have a set description list handy to know which ones are the new ones as older ones also appear. (once you find them save a copy for yourself, no guarantee they will stay available)

if you still haven't seen them a Google image search for "Lego Speed Champions 2016" will bring them all up, just have a set description list handy to know which ones are the new ones as older ones also appear. (once you find them save a copy for yourself, no guarantee they will stay available)

Nice : )

Bought my first one of these tonight to see how it looks with a civilian driving it in our modular city. Might grab some others if we like the fit. Anybody else try parking a Porsche outside the Grand Emporium for some day shopping? lol