CM4Sci

2016 Speed Champions Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Interesting update: talked to the guy at the local TRU who is the most Lego knowledgeable. He was surprised to hear about the old sets getting a price hike and figured it was a glitch in the "system". He went on to say that he expected last years sets to get clearanced in the next week or two. Fingers crossed.

My local TRU jacks the price way, way up on sets that are discontinued or a wave or two behind. The example that sticks out most to me is when they had a Lone Ranger Silver Mine for $119.99 during the late stages of 2014.

Can someone help me? I'm trying to figure out how many pieces the Camaro drag race set have in only the two cars. I know the whole set has 445 pieces but if we only count the two car. How many pieces does the 2016 camaro have without the driver? And how many pieces does the '69 Camaro have without the driver separately?

Can someone help me? I'm trying to figure out how many pieces the Camaro drag race set have in only the two cars. I know the whole set has 445 pieces but if we only count the two car. How many pieces does the 2016 camaro have without the driver? And how many pieces does the '69 Camaro have without the driver separately?

best thing I can suggest is find a copy of the instructions, (brickset, and the lego site both should have them) and then go through each car, and count how many pieces are used for each.

best thing I can suggest is find a copy of the instructions, (brickset, and the lego site both should have them) and then go through each car, and count how many pieces are used for each.

Yeah... THAT is what I was trying to avoid. Any other suggestion? Can someone who has the set count it?

Yeah... THAT is what I was trying to avoid. Any other suggestion? Can someone who has the set count it?

How is that any less time-consuming than you going through the instructions yourself?

Has anyone seen this?! It's easily the best Lego News show episode that I've seen. The set presentation is so smooth, but it's nothing compared to this awesome character: Ace! I really, really like his design and I actually was a little disappointed to not see an original vehicle for him. The tease at the end is stirs up the hype even more, so I hope we see something of both in the future! Edited by Exetrius

Has anyone seen this?! It's easily the best Lego News show episode that I've seen. The set presentation is so smooth, but it's nothing compared to this awesome character: Ace! I really, really like his design and I actually was a little disappointed to not see an original vehicle for him. The tease at the end is stirs up the hype even more, so I hope we see something of both in the future!

Nice Kitt

NewPicture666_zpso51xhuxd.jpg

Hmm, KITT, but teased now... does this mean a new theme? or a 3rd wave (2nd for the year)? curious to see where this goes.

Nice Kitt

NewPicture666_zpso51xhuxd.jpg

Could end up being a new Ideas set or something along that nature. KITT appears to be a 7-wide here. But with that new Knight Rider movie in the works, maybe.... Just maybe....

Knight Rider is in the newest Dimensions wave so maybe that means something. :wink:

Knight Rider is in the newest Dimensions wave so maybe that means something. :wink:

LOL always love the little nuggets you drop! :grin:

The Speed Champions sets are available in stores in Poland despite claims from the official stores they won't be sold at all. Good thing, I still want to get Ford+Ford and Chevy+Chevy sets.

nice, thanks for the heads up on that. it as actually pretty good (shame it's not a car but can't complain about a free-be)

Toysrus is having an event for speed champions :) it looks really good. I hope toysrus can let me get one...

In Poland they have those too, but Toys'R'Us is at least 20% more expensive than Lego catalog price :hmpf_bad:

I don't suppose anyone could direct me to a website or individual that does custom stickers? I'm planning on buying multiples of the race cars and changing the race numbers so I can have two and three car teams.

Thanks.

I don't suppose anyone could direct me to a website or individual that does custom stickers? I'm planning on buying multiples of the race cars and changing the race numbers so I can have two and three car teams.

Thanks.

You should be able to scan the original sticker sheet into a PC. Then use Photoshop or a different painting program to do what ever changes you need then print it off on "sticker paper". Cut out and apply and you should be all set.

My question, has anybody been able to reverse engineer the Ford GT and Ford GT40. It has a few additional details than the MOC posted earlier. It is really unfortunate that Lego isn't going to release it.

The problem is I don't have access to a scanner, photoshop or printer. I'm not really prepared to spend hundreds on them to make a couple of custom stickers either.

I bet if there's a wave three of speed champions that we will see the Ford GT's in a set. Lego have a seemingly good relationship with Ford at the moment and thanks to the recent BOP the GT is currently sweeping up all the trophies.