CM4Sci

2016 Speed Champions Sets - Rumours and Discussion

ER0L I love what you've done with the city versions of wave one!! That was my plan from the start and you've done it quite we'll!!

Thanks. In fact they don't fit into my own scale (which is slightly bigger) but are going well with the usual City vehicles.

The most "modables" will be the Mustang and the 917

I agree regarding the 917 (which looks really nice in my opinion). On the Mustang (like on the Porsches of the first wave) we have the problem of the unfavorable ratio between a 4 wide roof and a 6 wide body which hardly ever works on this type of car. However, there's also that nice Raptor/Hot Rod set ...

Just2good's video on all the 2016 sets is also gone.

I removed it myself- I didn't want LEGO to get mad at me again.

I was looking at the Speed Champions 2016 sets, and I noticed the Audi R8 and Chevrolet Camaro appear to use a new angled plate. It looks like part 51379 split in half. You can see it on the side of the R8 and the front of the Camaro underneath the fascia. I'm pretty excited by this new wave of sets. I think they capture the shapes of the vehicles they're protraying much better than the last wave.

New wedge plate!

Zoz8quj.png

I saw quite a few of them on the red Camaro and I spotted a couple on the R18. But, yeah, they'll be useful for many things!

Also... are those 2W bow pieces on the front that make the fascia 3 studs long or 4 studs long? Looks 3L to me.

Edited by XAxles

Looking at that Mustang. Say what you will about it's front end but you have to admit, it is the perfect set to get some SC bits and pieces in blue. Especially the new wheel arches. Think of the possibilities! Bugatti EB110. Renault Alpine A110-50. Or what about the new Ford GT? If someone here is able to make a perfect SC scaled Ford GT when this Mustang comes out, I would be so happy!

Such a great theme.

Question for the U.S. FOLs: did you find this anywhere besides Toys R Us? I don't recall seeing anywhere that it's an exclusive theme, but that's the only place I found it, which is a shame because the smaller sets sold out fast and they never restocked at my local TRU.

Such a great theme.

Question for the U.S. FOLs: did you find this anywhere besides Toys R Us? I don't recall seeing anywhere that it's an exclusive theme, but that's the only place I found it, which is a shame because the smaller sets sold out fast and they never restocked at my local TRU.

same here, i checked Walmart, Meijer, K-mart, and Target stores none carried them. I ended up only buying them from a Lego directly (both in-store, and online purchases)

In the U.S. it was exclusive to TRU. Of course also available from LEGO stores and online. I don't know if the 2016 line will be exclusive or not. Anyone?

Im not really sure if this is news or not, but havent seen any "official" pictures posted in this topic.

On the Danish LEGO website the theme is up for sale.

http://shop.lego.com...ampions-ByTheme

And link to the theme on LEGO:

http://www.lego.com/...mpions/products

Edit got the news that this is old news. The sets were listed as new on LEGO.dk, just i just wanted to let you know. Sorry , my bad.

Edited by KlodsBrik

Those are this year's sets ;-)

Oh , sorry my bad. I have never been into Spped champions myself, i just came across LEGO.dk and they were listed as "news" for some reason. Sorry for "misleading" you all :blush:

So what's up with the Corvette? Haven't seen any pictures yet, while all others were leaked. :sceptic:

So what's up with the Corvette? Haven't seen any pictures yet, while all others were leaked. :sceptic:

It's yellow and comes with a camera.

is it the road car, or is it the racing car?

It's this

2015-chevrolet-corvette-z06-sports-car-mo-exterior-1480x551-23.jpg

Edited by CM4Sci