CM4Sci

2016 Speed Champions Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Didn't get any images - if I did they'd probably be blank boxes for some reason, they were blank boxes last year.

Eh, I can wait. If something does slip up, I'll be in touch to see if the models nail the look. The photos won't go anywhere else. You have my word.

I hope we get some more info soon. This is the theme i'm most excited for and i'm interested to know how they would do a minifig scale LMP1 car too.

Gee, the images of the new sets are taking their sweet time to show up. Same goes for all the other themes. The pictures of the first SC range came about at the end of last september.

although I want to see them so I can plan my spending, im ok not seeing them yet. 6 months was a long wait from first pics to shelf date last year

Set images of 2016 Speed Champions are found in lego.com cache

75871 Ford Mustang GT

75871-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

75872 Audi R18 'e tron quattro'

75872-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

75873 Audi R8 LMS ultra

75873-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

75874 Chevrolet Camaro Drag Race

75874-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

75875 Ford F 150 Raptor Ford Model A Hot Rod

75875-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

75876 Porsche 919 Hybrid and 917K Pit Lane

75876-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

Hmm. Tron Quattro has a lot of nice pieces for Octan builds... :look: nice! This wave looks better than the first!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

The sets looks good, but the only set I impressed are Audi R18 because it's looks the most accurate compared to the real thing. The others are just totally meh for me by now.

Excellent stuff, but i might limit myself to the R18. Id love the big porsche set, but i presume the $90-110 pricetag is going to make my wallet cry, especially since i only really care about the two cars (its the porsche GT finish all over again, but twice as bad)

Man, take my money Lego, just take my money ! LOL :wub:

Seriously the hot rod set and 917 pits are the best of the whole lot, but I might just have to buy them all ! :grin:

And I'm going to build some of those pick ups for sure......hello Wandin Valley Ford ! :laugh:

I love those!

The Mustang looks a bit strange with the lights on the side.

The R18 looks very cool! Another must buy for me!

The R8 LMS doesn't look as cool.

The camaros look both good! The set is nice!

The F150 looks cool, and.... seems to have suspension!! The Model A looks good, aslo.

The Porsche set has two good cars, and seems to have hinges to store the build.

Edited by Kaanere

Does anyone get the feeling that a top fuel dragster which one day make an appearance ? :wink:

Now I forgot about the the Mustang which goes on sale in Oz next year if my memory serves me correct......oh I'll be buy some of these and my Ford dealer will make a comeback for sure ! :grin:

the R18 looks beast! I was hoping that the Mustang would be nice but it's :sceptic: but that Model T :laugh:. that truck doesn't look that nice though. But I would still buy it just because it's one of the better trucks.

Now, my overall opinion on the sets:

75871 - The body of the car are excellent, but the headlight are totally wrong.

75872 - Looks clunky, but the real R18 also looks clunky. The best in the wave.

75873 - Same opinion like 75781.

75874 - The old Camaro looks awesome, but the red one didn't looks good like the black coloured one.

75875 - The Hot Rod looks nice but I don't seen the F-150 clear enough, so i can't fully judge.

75876 - Both car looks nice, but there's already a Porsche Pit Lane set this year. Not gonna buy it.

Good to see that they're bringing out the new wheel arches in blue and black! I'm kinda expecting the Corvette to be yellow. (Not Bright Light Orange like the McLaren P1, I mean actual yellow) And also, there are a couple of new wheel styles with the Mustang which is a bonus!

Edited by RacerRabbit

This lineup looks far better than the first already- The GT and Raptor sets are insta-buys for me, and possibly the eTron as well as it's one of my favorite prototypes.

Love the 2 Audi sets, the Mustang is not quite so good but a smaller priced set so will still be worth getting. That big Porsche set is great but will be expensive. I really liked the Finish Line set in wave 1 so more Porsches would be nice.

Holy [LANGUAGE] Lord, they're [LANGUAGE] here and they look [LANGUAGE] rad and accurate and where the [LANGUAGE] is the Corvette?

The words will come pouring out of me, so bear with me.

1. I've seen a much better current-generation 'Stang on Flickr, but hey, better than nothing. The front end is borked. The minifig, however, is good, as are the new hubcap rims. 7/10
  2. R18 R18 R18 R18 R18 R18 R18 R18 R18 R18 (ever noticed that the names of Audi's LMP1 cars, from R8 to R10 to R15 to R18, seem to be movie ratings that keep going higher and higher?) R18 R18 R18 R18 R18 R18 R18 R18 R19 R18 R18 R18 R18 (damn that build is just so spot-on) R18 R18 R18 R18 R18 R18 R18 R18 R18 R18 R18 (SNOT work past the cockpit) R18 R18 R18 R18 R18 10/10 will buy two.
  3. Good thing they stuck to the older-gen R8 LMS. The side blade is an ace job, and te rest of the car is bang-on. 9/10.
  4. I was right about the old-and-new Camaro combo. I dig the old 'Maro and the Start/Finish line, but not the new one (unless I see it from the side). 7/10
  5. Damn that Raptor is way too short. Regular cab? Really? The Hot Rod, however, is excellent. 8/10
  6. 15/10 *faints* ---- Seriously, even for the money it asks, it's a star. The 917 is GORGEOUS, and the 919 is a worthy adversary to the R18 (and even more pleasing to the eyes), but the stickering on the latter still doesn't fully do the livery justice. As for the facility... it ROCKS!!! This set will be a hot item. 15/10 *dies*

This wave is a home run for me, even if we haven't seen the Corvette.

The Mustang's headlights look awful. They're essentially on the side of the car, imagine how bad that'll look straight on. That said, it'll be the first I get, because Mustang. Do they make that 1x2 sloped piece in the dark trans? I wonder how that would look in place of the sticker.

Wow, I'm so psyched to see they're continuing this line! That R18 is beast, and more Porsche sets! Would have liked to see another F1 set or maybe a BMW M6 or something, but I'm happy with what we've got.