CM4Sci

Minecraft 2016

It's great that there are some villagers being displayed, but it's odd that they are doing so with these sets, unless 21128 is simply not available for announcement yet, but they're "teasing" its existence. Double fingers crossed that it's a village with chickens, as has been suggested! :-)

Looking at all those sets, they are all going to be definite buys, but the larger ones, #21124, #21125 and #21127 look especially fantastic! I'm really looking forward to adding them to my collection. The smaller sets are obviously draws because of the figures, the Iron Golem, The Wither and those Wither Skeletons... The dioramas that come with them will add on to current sets nicely.

I wouldn't be surprised if this theme gets discontinued soon. it seems like no one is buying the sets

Seems like people are buying the sets. We are getting 6 this year instead of last year's 4.

There is an exclusive Minecraft set coming out sometime before July which will be over $200 and will be known as 'The Village' I believe that the number for it is 21128, but I can't guarantee it. I have no photos nor can I reveal my sources. I also don't know anything more about it other then the name and approximate price range.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but why is Minecraft in the Special LEGO themes forum?

It is a licensed theme......

The Fortress looks pretty cool, those banners are a nice touch, gold armor and the horse are great inclusions too. I hope there is a enchanting table too, because who builds a cool castle without it in-game!? :classic:

There is an exclusive Minecraft set coming out sometime before July which will be over $200 and will be known as 'The Village' I believe that the number for it is 21128, but I can't guarantee it. I have no photos nor can I reveal my sources. I also don't know anything more about it other then the name and approximate price range.

That sounds bonkers, Villagers are the best! Glad they have new moulds to make them as accurate as possible.

Edited by Exetrius

This is 100% true. There goes my April Fools "prank-but-real." It's our first Minecraft D2C. :sweet:

What a waste of a D2C. Minecraft sets are awful, I don't really care if they're meant to look blocky, but the builds really are terrible.

Oh well.

@r4-g9 That will be fantastic! Really looking forward to seeing what that will look like... This round of releases is shaping up to be really great! :-)

Seems like people are buying the sets. We are getting 6 this year instead of last year's 4.

Which is as many as in the first wave, which also had 6.

AFOLs may not be buying them much, given the lack of discussion of the theme on most forums, apart from people joining in to say how rubbish they are, but someone must be buying them! :-)

I honestly don't get why AFOLs dislike the Minecraft theme so much... The builds do hark back to a simpler way of building, with far more focus on basic 2x2, 2x4, 2x6 etc. bricks and plates, but there is a coherent style that runs through the theme and IMHO allows for a lot of creativity in creating landscapes and dioramas.

Personally, I absolutely cannot stand Bionicle or Mixels, but I wouldn't be joining discussion threads to moan about them.

None of this, of course, is aimed at you, falderal!

This is 100% true. There goes my April Fools "prank-but-real." It's our first Minecraft D2C. :sweet:

Now you have to April Fools us about a new train that'll be new, and making us hope it's true :tongue:

Now onto the D2C set, I was wanting a village to come in a while. What structures will it include? The well? The library? The blacksmith? The big houses? The lamps? The third class houses? Who knows!

Personally, I'd like to see a well, a small farm area, a library, blacksmith, two or three generic houses, a priest, a blacksmith, a librarian and a couple of villagers, lamps and, finally, some chickens and rabbits!

What I don't think we need at all are any Steve / Alex, zombie, spider or skeleton figures, as we have plenty from all the other sets. I'd much rather have more villagers...

Can't wait to see first pics of this, as it has the potential of being a fantastic centerpiece to any Minecraft diorama.

Thanks for the look at The Fortress, j2g! Digging the Creator-esque, 4-in-1 feel, and I like how they represented the iron bars. I wonder how this compares with The Desert Outpost. Exetrius, you raise a good point about the enchantment table. I can't see anything resembling it here, but I could have missed something (I'm not sure what that yellow part is for). They might be saving it for The Village.

Hearing that there will be a Minecraft D2C set is unprecedented. Exciting for me, even if the price point will make it unlikely that I'll be able to buy it.

If the theme lasts another year, hopefully they'll make villagers available in a small set next.

What I don't think we need at all are any Steve / Alex, zombie, spider or skeleton figures, as we have plenty from all the other sets. I'd much rather have more villagers...

Personally, I can't have enough skeletons. :wink: More Endermen would be great, though, and I'm glad that they're not exclusive to The Ender Dragon.

I do agree with you that a library would be a given, although they feature a crude one in 21124.

Edited by Fritzy

Oh my god.... Tell me this a January Fools prank

Minecraft D2C? Really?

@Fritzy The yellow thing with red stripe across is a hay block.

For some reason I just imagined the D2C as a small 500 piece set with ALL pieces having the game's textures... PRINTED.... EVERYWHERE! That's how to add details to MC sets :laugh:

Edited by Exetrius

A D2C Village sounds amazing! Too bad I won't be able to get it, damn my budget! If I have any luck at all the villagers will hopefully not be too expensive on the aftermarket.

What a waste of a D2C. Minecraft sets are awful, I don't really care if they're meant to look blocky, but the builds really are terrible.

Oh well.

Different strokes for different folks. Not everyone prefers big <insert that tiresome argument> elements like those in your avatar.

Different strokes for different folks. Not everyone prefers big <insert that tiresome argument> elements like those in your avatar.

Well said...

@Fritzy The yellow thing with red stripe across is a hay block.

For some reason I just imagined the D2C as a small 500 piece set with ALL pieces having the game's textures... PRINTED.... EVERYWHERE! That's how to add details to MC sets :laugh:

Printed pieces of every Minecraft block ever? That'd be amazing, I'd but a lot of them!

@ #77

I am buying a some sets but the problem is that there's just no wow factor so i'm not really motivated to buy more. Currently got my fingers crossed that Mega Bloks will get the license and give the proper care and attention to the series.

@ #80

Who knows. The lego movie is technically licensed but it was in special themes also

@ # 84

I think the major hate comes from it being so hard/expensive to be able to get some figures like extra creepers. Also what doesn't help is that a lot of AFOLs seem to prefer 1 wide bricks which are better for buildings for more room inside so 2 wides aren't very handy.

Hm, I wonder which mobs we'll be getting in the village set besides at least two villagers... I assume some Zombies and/or Skeletons (we clearly hadn't had enough of those :tongue:) and a couple of farm animals. Maybe some chickens...? :wub: I'm jinxing it again, aren't I :grin:

I kind wish it was an April Fools joke... :look:

Although I love what Lego Minecraft has done, I can't help but think that a D2C set is overkill. It's basically going to be a giant Classic set with one set of instructions, and no children that could possibly afford it.

I will reserve any opinion on the set beforehand, as it may just turn out to be spectacular. I guess part of me just wishes the set would go to some other theme.

Also, I have to ask j2g, do you know of any other exclusives that are on their way (could you share)?

Edited by Penkid11

I kind wish it was an April Fools joke... :look:

Although I love what Lego Minecraft has done, I can't help but think that a D2C set is overkill. It's basically going to be a giant Classic set with one set of instructions, and no children that could possibly afford it.

I will reserve any opinion on the set beforehand, as it may just turn out to be spectacular. I guess part of me just wishes the set would go to some other theme.

Also, I have to ask j2g, do you know of any other exclusives that are on their way (could you share)?

Here's a list of what I have so far. :tongue:

75159 The Death Star

75144 Snowspeeder

75098 Assault on Hoth

75257 Ghostbusters Firehouse HQ

76052 Classic TV Series Batcave

71040 [Minifigures]

21128 The Village

10251 Brick Bank

10253 Big Ben

Does anyone know how this theme sells and how/or populair Minecraft is? I'm kinda liking this theme because of the possibilities with MOC'ing, but I'm interested in the future of Minecraft.

It seems to me that they are popular with the kids. My nephew goes crazy for them, and I have to keep a close eye on him when he visits.

Good news on a D2C Minecraft set! A must buy for me!