CM4Sci

Minecraft 2016

has anyone seen the other two sets. 21127 and 21128?

Nope. You might want to add another set there for the summer. :wink:

At last! :-)

I'm especially looking forward to The Jungle Treehouse and The End Portal (both look fantastic) and hopeful that the two additional as yet unnamed 2016 sets will finally contain a villager and a chicken or two!

I'll definitely get The Iron Golem and The Wither as well, but the sets are more interesting for the figs, rather than the builds, from what I can see.

Is there any indication as to when these will be officially announced and released?

Edited by JudgeChuck

I think the Iron Golem is a sign of Villagers to come. I like that they gave one of his hands a stud so that he can hold flowers and give them to villagers like Iron Golems do in the game. The Wither looks nice, too.

The Wither skeletons look awesome, I especially like that they're taller than regular skeletons, just like in the game :thumbup: Those leg pieces are new, aren't they?

Nope. You might want to add another set there for the summer. :wink:

You are such a tease!!! :laugh:

Is anyone else like me in wanting to know what is coming in the next wave before committing much more money to this theme? I like to know a theme has longevity before I start collecting if possible (which i suppose is too late as I've already bought all the miecraft sets so far...)

Sci, do you know if we will see any sets based off the new game?

You are such a tease!!! :laugh:

Is anyone else like me in wanting to know what is coming in the next wave before committing much more money to this theme? I like to know a theme has longevity before I start collecting if possible (which i suppose is too late as I've already bought all the miecraft sets so far...)

Sci, do you know if we will see any sets based off the new game?

I think that this these will stick around for quite some time. This is a huge seller and an icon with kids. We have about 25-30 figures so far and another 10 coming. They will easily hit 100 with this line.

I'm liking these a lot, but do we have any idea when these will be released? In the German catalogue a lot of the themes had flashes saying "New in January" or "New in April", but nothing on the Minecraft pages (and some others).

My guess is they won't be releasing in January, as the LEGO Shop already has listings for sets that will be coming out next month and none of these are included in the batch.

Fingers crossed for April, or sometime around then... Not sure that I can wait until the summer! ;-)

Talking about the sets, there are a couple of intriguing details in them:

The Jungle Treehouse: Are those meant to be coffee beans, on the trunks? Alex seems to be dropping down the waterfall, in a play feature similar in style to the one in The Nether Fortress. Any thoughts? Glad to see the ocelot!

The Wither: We seem to be getting a TNT catapult. The Wither seems to be attached to a "floating" 4x8 orange plate, which is interesting. There also seems to be some kind of contraption in the back right, where the 1x2 Bley bricks are. It looks like some kind of Technic pin is joining the two together, but I can't see the reason yet. I like the new Wither Skeletons as well.

The Iron Golem: What do you think those white bricks with grey jumpers on top, behind the zombie's head, are meant to represent?

The End Portal: This looks like it will open up, in a similar way to The Snow Hideout and The Desert Outpost. I wonder what is inside the actual Portal. I like the library and the iron grill / fences, as well as inclusion of silver ingots from The Lone Ranger.

Well, for now, I'll just have to make-do with my new Palace Cinema, which my fiancee bought me for Xmas, and the Brick Bank, when it is released. Ho-hum! ;-)

Edited by JudgeChuck

The Iron Golem: What do you think those white bricks with grey jumpers on top, behind the zombie's head, are meant to represent?

Iron blocks. It's how you build an Iron Golem in-game: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Iron_Golem

Put a pumpkin on top and a new one is created. I wonder if the set has this feature...

The Jungle Treehouse: Are those meant to be coffee beans, on the trunks?

Yep. Looks like cocoa beans to me also.

The Wither: We seem to be getting a TNT catapult. The Wither seems to be attached to a "floating" 4x8 orange plate, which is interesting. There also seems to be some kind of contraption in the back right, where the 1x2 Bley bricks are. It looks like some kind of Technic pin is joining the two together, but I can't see the reason yet. I like the new Wither Skeletons as well.

Yeah, what's going on there, I wonder? Is it to convey the idea that it's able to traverse the sea of lava without being fastened to any one spot? If that's the intent, they could've gone for an actual play feature to that effect.

As for the contraption, could it be something akin to what was seen in The Snow Hideout with the sensitive ground?

*sees translation on Page 1*

Yeah, that's what it sounds like it could be, as there's mention of a collapsable wall.

Speaking of that set, it remains to be seen which of the two will provide better value. While The Wither has more figures, the structure itself seems a tad bare to me. It's become apparent to me that it's meant to serve as an add-on of sorts to The Nether Fortress, so I'm not sure how it will end up performing when seen as a standalone offering.

We can probably rule out snow, right? If you take the design of The Snow Hideout and look at the parts near the ice area, some have the combination of a white plate followed by a grey brick. Here, a similar combination is present but with the colours flipped.

EDIT: Yeah, iron, as stated by the poster above me.

The End Portal: This looks like it will open up, in a similar way to The Snow Hideout and The Desert Outpost. I wonder what is inside the actual Portal.

Supposedly some means of transporting Steve elsewhere, going by the translation on Page 1. Maybe the key is in the "air" of "air portal"? But that could be interpreted to mean that it's empty. :laugh:

Edited by Fritzy

I'm liking these a lot, but do we have any idea when these will be released? In the German catalogue a lot of the themes had flashes saying "New in January" or "New in April", but nothing on the Minecraft pages (and some others).

In Ukrainian catolog on minecraft pages "новинка березень" is written. In English language it is "New March".

has anyone seen the other two sets. 21127 and 21128?

London Toy Fair coverage has revealed that 21127 is called The Fortress!

Yeah! They say it's the largest Minecraft set thus far...so it beats out The Mine? Maybe there are 1,000 parts?

Finally, some villagers :wub: That obviously means 21128 is a village :thumbup: Could this be our chance to finally get some chickens? Wait, there are none on the roundabout... Dang it, not again! :damn::laugh: