Hello all! I haven't done any builds in a while, so one day when I was looking at some images of lego trading posts, I decided to make my own. I noticed I built stuff for my Bluecoats and Redcoats, but nothing for my Imperial Armada/Spanish. So, I decided to borrow the figures and flag from the Armada Flasghip and build a small trading post! Here we go.

The frontal view of the trading post (excuse the slight slant of the pic). It features 5 minifigures, a rowboat with unloading cargo, a dock with an upper and lower part and a dock lamp. Spanish Captain talks to Merchant, other merchant starts to unload his cargo. A Armada soldier guards on top of the Trading Post.

20311731942_c98230474e_c.jpgImperial Armada Trading Post by James McGill, on Flickr

Top view of the soldier, flag and cargo barrels on the top.

20320155435_a6c1605008_c.jpgImperial Armada Trading Post 2 by James McGill, on Flickr

Top pops off and reveals the interior which features a small table with a cup and two maps. It can fit a minifigure.

20320158475_8cc19937f3_c.jpgImperial Armada Trading Post interior by James

McGill, on Flickr

Lastly, the side view of the build. The Captain talks to the Merchant. There is a good look at the lamp and the cargo, and the side of the trading post.

20132118790_052e5bda9a_c.jpgImperial Armada Trading Post side by James McGill, on Flickr

Thanks for reading!

Edited by James Wellington

The premature death of the Imperial Armada was the most mournful event in Lego history.

[Moment of silence]

But now they're back! Hooray!!

Seriously, this is the type of thing TLG easily could have done with the faction. Sure, it's too similar to the (one-man) sentry to be an official set, but still, Lego could have given us numerous small-to-mid-size sets without much trouble. Instead, we got... something else entirely.

This should be a perfect companion to any Armada layout. Grey may not be a common Pirates theme color, but it looks nice and the dock is good. With 5 minifigs and the various details, it looks like a fun play set. Good work.

The premature death of the Imperial Armada was the most mournful event in Lego history.

[Moment of silence]

But now they're back! Hooray!!

Seriously, this is the type of thing TLG easily could have done with the faction. Sure, it's too similar to the (one-man) sentry to be an official set, but still, Lego could have given us numerous small-to-mid-size sets without much trouble. Instead, we got... something else entirely.

This should be a perfect companion to any Armada layout. Grey may not be a common Pirates theme color, but it looks nice and the dock is good. With 5 minifigs and the various details, it looks like a fun play set. Good work.

Thanks! It would make a good small set, I guess. We need the spaniards back in the lego pirates theme!

Love it! Very cute, but very solid!

Thanks.

nice! morions ftw!!

Thank you.

Great little set! I only have 4 Armada guys myself... pirate_cry4.gif Wish I had bought more when they were out!

Thank you. Yeah, I only have 3 classic ones and 3 custom ones I made (which look good, but not as good as the originals). Sometimes I wish I had a cloning machine so I could make endless amounts of them. pirate_laugh2.gif

This is definitely the most underrated (and underrepresented) faction. I would love to see a remake of the ship too.

This is definitely the most underrated (and underrepresented) faction. I would love to see a remake of the ship too.

I'd have to agree. I want to see a remake of the ship, too.

Neat brick effect with the dark red mixed into bley walls. Cool little dock too pirate_satisfied.gif

Yeah, thanks. I wish I could've implemented some of red masonry bricks in, but I didn't want to dissemble my bluecoat outpost and fort pirate_sceptic.gif

Classic! pirate_laugh2.gif

That's sort of what I was going for. Woo pirate_laugh_new.gif

A good little trading post. What goods do they sell and to whom? Please, enlarge your story. I like the flag most of all it's very rare nowadays.

A good little trading post. What goods do they sell and to whom? Please, enlarge your story. I like the flag most of all it's very rare nowadays.

Thanks. They trade with every Merchant and sailor that comes by, but charge extreme taxes for enemy merchants. As for the flag, I wish I had a lot, because as you said, it is RARE pirate_cry4.gif Too bad I only have one.