Sign in to follow this  
Sphexish

Hey-Diddly-Ho, AFOL-eenos!

So. Well, uh...

(awkward pause)

Hi!

My name is Leon -- a programmer/nerd from the Netherlands, as well as a proud father of two -- and I'm a Legoholic. (Or I would have been, if my proverbial "Dark Ages" hadn't lasted for quite as long as they have!)

I've only recently rediscovered my passion for, as the recent movie so aptly put it, this highly sophisticated system of interlocking bricks. Back in the day I used to try to build all the spaceships and robots and cars that tempted me from the shelves of the toy store myself, since there was no way I could ever afford them.

Of course, that meant I couldn't afford large Lego sets either -- but I made due with loose, second-hand parts procured on flea markets and the like.

But now, aided and abetted by my wife and blessed with a bit more financial means, I have already erected several modular buildings and Simpsons sets for my oldest daughter to play with. Plus, recently, I have also rekindled my passion for the inner workings of complex machinery via Lego Technic.

All of this inexorably led me here. So now, I'm afraid, you lot are stuck with me. Sorry!

First thing that comes to mind by reading the topic description; "Flllaaaandersss....."

Flanders.jpg

Welcome and enjoy the boards! :laugh:

Edited by -zenn