Sign in to follow this  
yellost

Mega One

Wow, that looks great! I love it! *sweet*

Have you already thought about putting some tiles on it to make it completely smooth? Could be worth a try! :-)

That really is the "Mega" One. X-D

Sorry, just had to throw that in there. But seriously though, this is a fantastic piece! The proportions are really acurate and I'd say the legs came out really really well! Perhaps you could stick a long technic cross axle inside those pillars and then connect it to the pelvis.

That really is awesome! *y*

I dont think you could do anything to improve it unless you had it sprayed gold X-D

This is amazing! It looks just like meca one! I don't understand how the legs and arms connect?

Thanks all for the comments

Have you already thought about putting some tiles on it to make it completely smooth? Could be worth a try!

I don't really know about that... I kinda like the studs, they give an old style lego build to it I'm rather fond of. And the other reason I wouldn't try it is that I haven't got enough yellow tiles left :'-(

Perhaps you could stick a long technic cross axle inside those pillars and then connect it to the pelvis.

That's a neat Idea, I didn't think about that. I'll try it. It definitely shoud make it sturdier.

This is amazing! It looks just like meca one! I don't understand how the legs and arms connect?

As I said in the first post of the topic, I used an octogonal pillar for the arms and leg joints, and made a similar shape in the arms and legs so they can have different postion and still be locked in place.

We can see it well in those pics :

dsc05359.jpg

for the joints

dsc05360.jpg

for the hole in the arms.

The one in the legs are of similar design

This definitely has to be the single most amazing feat of engineering I've ever seen! You've totally nailed the entire look right down to the basics. I love how you've managed to build it so that when it's taken apart, it looks exactly like the minifig dismantled! (Sorry about not phrasin that better :P) Anyhoo, as for the issues of studs, I'd say keep them! It looks great that way and it just wouldn't be LEGO without them!

This definitely has to be the single most amazing feat of engineering I've ever seen! You've totally nailed the entire look right down to the basics. I love how you've managed to build it so that when it's taken apart, it looks exactly like the minifig dismantled! (Sorry about not phrasin that better :P) Anyhoo, as for the issues of studs, I'd say keep them! It looks great that way and it just wouldn't be LEGO without them!
Wow, the arms are the coolest things, I can't believe you got thme to be able to move up and down. Phenomenal job!

Well, that was the main objective, really : to have exactly the same fig, only bigger. I'm quite happy with the result.

Perhaps you could stick a long technic cross axle inside those pillars and then connect it to the pelvis.

I did it. It works great! thanks for the idea. *y*