Sign in to follow this  
legofrik

City Touristic Bus - Coach

This is my attempt at making a Touristic Bus - Coach. I tried to keep the vehicle 6 studs wid, like all other LEGO models are, but now, when it's made I see, that 8 studs would be better. Well, next time. :)

bus01-800x488.jpg

As mentioned already, creation is 6 studs wide and 33 studs long.

bus02-800x483.jpg

Both doors can be opened. I tried to build both doors the same size, but 4 studs wide front doors was too wide. I tried to build with SNOT technique and made 3 studs wide front door, but then "Battle droid arm" for opening the door can't be mounted. So I decided that the front door will be two and the rear will be four studs wide.

bus03-800x394.jpg

Thank you! :)

Unfortunately luggage's doors can't be opened. But construction can be modified and hinges can be used instead of brackets or modified bricks with studs on one side.

Excellent bus. I prefer the 6 wide vehicles, especially considering before my dark ages vehicles were only 4 and simple. I think 8 is too wide for most, but it would be perfect for a larger vehicle such as this.

I think that design is great. Works well as a six wide in my opinion. It would fit in well with the current city vehicles. Like the colour too.

I like LEGO buses and yours is great! Looks fine in 6 wide, especially cos of the windshields being only so big, the 8 wides tend to have really large a-pillars up front and that dosn't necessarily make it look any better. Yours has good proportions the way it is. :thumbup:

Very nice shaping and colour design - must have missed it when it was uploaded last August.

Regarding the width the truth as often lies in between: 7 studs would be adequate here, I guess.