Sign in to follow this  
Tremah

[Review] 5002942 Bionicle Villain pack

Hello, guys! Just today I've got my hands on the new Bionicle summer wave polybag. I think It's going to be available worldwide soon, so get ready.

So here it is, evil, villainy, skull-grindery! The front of the bag shows the set itself with this poster-like paper (I assume it's not cardboard) underlay and a cardboard stand with mask support sticking out of it. The gold Skull Grinder mask looks epic and dark. It actually seems like the mask has copper tint in it.

C8Hhnaih.jpg

The top left side of the bag says that it has 13 pieces inside. No set number though.

ncmcD7Qh.jpg

Finally, the back shows us the set number. It's 5002942.

hXzx4jIh.jpg

YjdfMxOh.jpg

So, inside the bag we have a booklet, a... poster(?) folded in triangle, three pieces of mask stand and a bag of Lego pieces (including the mask)

XNl55Eqh.jpg

Illuminati confirmed?

2syQ6UUh.jpg

The triangle thing actually unfolds into... hexagon! That's unexpected.

The "bottom" shows MoCr with Grindy eyes on the back. Nothing new.

9MnQipoh.jpg

On the upper side we can clearly see the place where the stand should be.

cR7yqaLh.jpg

The booklet contains the instructions to both stand and mask support.

pzrR3XYh.jpg

IwChy60h.jpg

The paper of the stand is soft to the touch, but sturdy. The green highlights on the long piece is slightly metallic.

XXnndsWh.jpg

KIeDs5yh.jpg

A bag of parts.

AxgQjlZh.jpg

I don't see anything new except for the mask.

CJ3UAiSh.jpg

As I've said the mask looks epic and dark.

cE10jSlh.jpg

yRHmzUoh.jpg

The support looks exactly like the support fo MoCr.

sYaAzpSh.jpg

o8wZL8Wh.jpg

Thе mask doesn't hold well on the stand. It's a bit wobbly, but...

upyrFw2h.jpg

...if you force the mask a bit more into the support, it'll fix well.

hbdHmkqh.jpg

1WdB5PRh.jpg

This is how you suppose to keep the stand on your shelf. It's a bit weird to me.

ClKBx1kh.jpg

nRWPU7jh.jpg

G9nNPGVh.jpg

I hope you enjoyed the review!

Bye!

Edited by Tremah

Wait- how did you get ahold of this?

The gold Warrior/Kulta mask is more impressive the more I look at it. But what really is the selling point is that fantastic stand! Now where can I get 30+ of these sets for current and future masks to come...

Wait- how did you get ahold of this?

The gold Warrior/Kulta mask is more impressive the more I look at it. But what really is the selling point is that fantastic stand! Now where can I get 30+ of these sets for current and future masks to come...

^^^this

But I think you -may- have put the mask on the wrong way.

As I have already stated, I hope that this comes out in October for the US for a number of reasons. The cardboard mask stand is a neat idea and something that I just may have to replicate to make more. The golden Kulta mask is also a neat extra, so I'm fine with it. On the stand, has anyone tried replacing the top part with the rubber liftarm? That might help out.

So cool! Can't wait for this to come around to the US.

(also gotta love that simple naming scheme... first we had the "BIONICLE Hero Pack" and now we have the "BIONICLE Villain Pack" =P)

A new mask recolor? In an easily accessible polybag? And it's (in my opinion) the best mask of this wave? Yes please.

Also I notice that the instructions do in fact tell you to attach the mask to the stand like that, but do you think it would attach better the other way around? Or does it not fit?

A new mask recolor? In an easily accessible polybag? And it's (in my opinion) the best mask of this wave? Yes please.

Also I notice that the instructions do in fact tell you to attach the mask to the stand like that, but do you think it would attach better the other way around? Or does it not fit?

All the pictures of the golden masks under give me a vibe that you are supposed to display Mask of Creation on that, which for the mask holder is designed for, but it's odd that the mask is inserted that way since I can easily insert Kulta's mask on the MoCr stand. It could be that because grinder's mask wasn't designed for display that the program they used to make instructions with gave minor collision to the stand and they just decided to go easy way.

The cardboard mask stand is a neat idea and something that I just may have to replicate to make more.14.gif

Edited by mobodegks