20236011915_bc45fc7eb8_b.jpg

Oakley Canyon

Mynderis - 3185

TAGS: Military, Special Operations

Wilhelm, still helping MANTIS yet still wearing Kawashita colors in case anyone was watching, argued dryly with the MANTIS scouts. They didn't want to believe that the Awesomnium vein was where he said it was, so he brandished the E-paper map he'd stolen when he'd defected. He pointed to a spot in the complex series of canyons, passes, ridges, and valleys. The scouts were sceptical anyway, and insisted on checking and rechecking it. Wilhelm was already impatient, but now he was getting angry. He didn't like being out here in the open. Oakley Canyon did not have as much cover as he would have liked.

20227758472_950710a64a_b.jpg

And he was right to be worried. Kawashita colors or not, Wilhelm's defection was well known among Kawashita Operators. Koro should know, since he was the one who'd discovered it for himself back on Aeristus.

20236019905_3a01232648_b.jpg

Koro leaned back on the rocks of his perch. He dug in his sidepouch for a special round, but he held off from loading it into his rifle.

17599903420_c5972fb5b5_t.jpg "The intel was good, Narbilu-sama. It looks like he's trying to help some scouts find something. My guess is mineral deposit."

18916421175_e90f3268ed_t.jpg "Good work, Koro. You're sure it's Wilhelm?"

17599903420_c5972fb5b5_t.jpg "It's his armor. No one else in Andromeda dresses quite like that, right? All that paint..."

18916421175_e90f3268ed_t.jpg "Obviously we need more than that to go on."

17599903420_c5972fb5b5_t.jpg "I pinged his helmet, which has a heavily modified friend-or-foe system. One of a kind in Andromeda. It's him, sir."

20209738646_b0e9ba40ef_b.jpg

17599903420_c5972fb5b5_t.jpg "And I have a shot..."

BUILDER'S NOTES:

-I understand the sensitivity of potentially killing off another player's character, even if the character has been replaced with a new one. Because of this, I am leaving Wilhelm's ultimate fate (for now) a mystery until or unless Goliath reappears and clarifies his plans for the character. It could be some kind of tracker bullet Koro is about to load, and anyway he doesn't take the shot that we see and I made this choice because I think it would be mean for me or anyone to decide what happens to Wilhelm beyond a certain point. At the same time, I made the decision to contextualize Goliath's change of companies and characters as at least partially a defection from Wilhelm (because that makes interesting story possibilities, as you can see in the two builds I've made in reaction to it). Basically, I'm making this note to make sure everyone understands that I'm just trying to tell an interesting story and not looking to hand out ultimate fates to anyone's characters without their permission or anything like that! :classic:

Edited by mccoyed

I wish a certain pie-headed alien had read your post before he decided to kill off my sigfig :(

Nice concept and build as well!

Haha, love the little crab :grin:

Great idea to take the photos through a brick built scope! It works perfectly! :thumbup:

I really like the through-the-scope shots! :thumbup: The two vigs are neat too!

Very nice build Mcc! As Kai and Big Sal said, those through-the-scope shots are superb! Neat small bits of landscaping as well - though I must admit I'm not entirely sure where the lava stream is coming from on the second one... Great builds anyhow!

The photography framing totally makes this.

I wish a certain pie-headed alien had read your post before he decided to kill off my sigfig :(

Pretty sure he killed off your robot clone, although don't tell anyone our technology is that good yet :wink: The last thing to get right is the hair settings...

I figured he was just knocked out and left in the wreckage of the mech...

Great build! The brick built scope is great and the crab with the giant eye is a nice touch. :classic:

Pretty sure he killed off your robot clone, although don't tell anyone our technology is that good yet :wink: The last thing to get right is the hair settings...

It was a hologram that he killed, but I'm still a bit miffed that he would go ahead and post a build "killing" someone's sigfig...

He got stabbed with a spear :look:

I feel quite honored that you would make a build killing me Wilhelm! :grin: Let me send you a PM on what we could do. :wink:

Edited by Goliath

Neat-o!

Thanks.

Nice concept and build as well!

Yeah. I hear ya. Thanks Dragonfire!

Haha, love the little crab :grin:

Great idea to take the photos through a brick built scope! It works perfectly! :thumbup:

I'll post a pic of the scope rig later too. I forgot! And thanks for noticing the critter. Simple works, I guess, but I was getting jealous of all the cool creatures Octan builders tend to include so I thought it'd be fun to have a spy being spied on, even if by a monocular crab.

I really like the through-the-scope shots! :thumbup: The two vigs are neat too!

Thanks Kai!

Very nice build Mcc! As Kai and Big Sal said, those through-the-scope shots are superb! Neat small bits of landscaping as well - though I must admit I'm not entirely sure where the lava stream is coming from on the second one... Great builds anyhow!

Thanks Garmadon. The lava is supposed to be flowing out of the rock formation. My notion there was that the black rocks are the oldest cooled magma, with lighter colors for newer rock covered in the ash of previous small eruptions. Basically, a whole landscape of tiny volcanoes. Not sure how much sense that makes geologically, though. :laugh:

The photography framing totally makes this.

Thanks Turtle!

Great scope!

Do you mean the frame or the scope on Koro's gun as seen in the pic with him in it? :wink:

Koro strikes again!

Really nice photography here mccoyed!

Thanks mrcp6d. I like to think I'm improving.

Excellent photography, and I love that scope! :thumbup:

Thanks LJ!

Great build! The brick built scope is great and the crab with the giant eye is a nice touch. :classic:

Thanks snowman!

It was a hologram that he killed, but I'm still a bit miffed that he would go ahead and post a build "killing" someone's sigfig...

He got stabbed with a spear :look:

Holograms need never die.

I feel quite honored that you would make a build killing me Wilhelm! :grin: Let me send you a PM on what we could do. :wink:

Haha. Answered!

Great crosshairs design :thumbup: The MANTIS toughies look cool too :classic:

Thanks SK.