Sign in to follow this  
TLaabs

Better Call Saul! A Breaking Bad MOC

Here is my latest Breaking Bad MOC – Saul Goodman’s Office! This one was a bit more complex than my previous MOC of Hank and Marie’s bedroom that I did a few weeks ago. It was a bit tricky getting the walls angled perfectly where the columns could fit and break up the panels accurately and symmetrically. Also it was hard to capture some of the details in such a small scale. My only complaints are that the tops of the columns could have a better round shape (see reference pics), the scale is a teeny tiny bit larger than minifig scale, and I wish the client chairs were more to detail – although I wrestled with different techniques and couldn’t get the metal S-frame type of chair accomplished in minifig scale, so I kept the same color scheme but gave it 4 legs instead of the metal frame.

Overall I did what I could to keep everything as close to accurate minifig scale as possible (which was ultimately the hardest part), which meant some minor sacrifices, such as the molding along the lower portion of the walls and the crown molding around the top central viewport-window. But enough of me being hard on myself, it’s never 100% perfect!

That being said, I love how I did the custom stickers to give the parchment-type look and feel of the constitution wall panels, and I do feel it does a great job of making it instantly recognizable. I used Avery sticker paper and scaled a design of old English style Constitution text on parchment, and printed it and that was it! It fit perfectly on the 1x6x5 panels.

Overall I’m very pleased with the outcome! The Saul and Jesse custom figs are from the Citizen Brick Albuquerque Action Squad set, and the Walt face is from the MinifigFX version of him (sold in the lab coat, I made a street-clothes outfit for him). Enjoy!!

19613225104_c1d433cc82_c.jpgSaul's Office by Tyler Laabs, on Flickr

20047840288_fc859e7b99_c.jpgWelcome to the office! by Tyler Laabs, on Flickr

20047824698_ccaf8fe649_c.jpgCustom Constitution Stickers by Tyler Laabs, on Flickr

20049216849_e75c0cb807_c.jpgEveryone's Favorite Shady Lawyer by Tyler Laabs, on Flickr

20241597751_5e444c947d_c.jpgHank and Jesse discussing plans by Tyler Laabs, on Flickr

20209521226_e6ac22a216_c.jpgBetter Call Saul! by Tyler Laabs, on Flickr

19613135354_e57a05f5ea_z.jpgReference Pic of Saul's Office by Tyler Laabs, on Flickr

20241579091_f06e50b9c0_c.jpgReference Pic of Saul's Office by Tyler Laabs, on Flickr

Very cool, matches the show nicely! Minor comment, on one of your picture links you say Hank, shouldn't that be Walt?

This looks like a simple build to adapt on your own. I'd ask permission from the creator before you do, tho.

Tried to message him, didn't get a reply yet.

HI,I'm working on a similar display than yours, but having trouble doing the constitution stickers, where did you get yours? or do you have the graphics for them?