Sign in to follow this  
EpsilonEta

[Challange 2][Cat A] Adrasteia

20224240942_3510157fab_c.jpg

Adrasteia by EpsilonEta, on Flickr

This is Ravens spaceship, the Adrasteia, meaning "inescapable" in ancient Greek.

It's not a Kawashita design, she had it before she got hired by the company but she did have it repainted as of company regulations.

20044480010_ab15625752_c.jpg

20232500245_34e10c23db_c.jpg

It is a modified version of an atmospheric patrol craft. The engine have been replaced by a larger and much stronger model. It also have the new GATE drive installed to move around in Andromeda. It's the ship Raven usually use to travel on her missions.

20044489298_6fced60abd_c.jpg

20224240642_c1673eb1bb_c.jpg

The main requirement when Raven commissioned the Adrasteia was high acceleration so she could leave quickly after a mission. But it also have the latest stealth equipment for spy missions.

20044480190_d8ca870c12_c.jpg

20044490008_854060d3c6_c.jpg

20044490158_2725d3526a_c.jpg

The trade off is low armor as it need to be light weight and the hull is made from a weaker but very heat resistant material for hypersonic atmospheric flight.

During the coming invasion this craft would work best for reconnaissance flights in enemy territory, including planet surfaces.

19611553653_6ef10836b2_c.jpg

20238296251_81293a9cc5_c.jpg

When stealth and speed is not enough to evade enemies the Adrasteia have unfolding weapons. Not safe to deploy above Mach 3.

20044488698_4ce9717157_c.jpg

19611553213_5d50d6981f_c.jpg

20044488428_c081ff5398_c.jpg

Weapons:

4 helix class missiles.

Double movable defensive guns each with 1 CAX laser and 1 CAM plasma laser.

12 stinger class missiles.

20206230126_c8983f322c_c.jpg

Extra picture of the cockpit hing.

20044478000_ef0cfcc258_c.jpg

Underside

20045898159_bf2ac00859_c.jpg

Bonus pictures of the inside

20224239732_6f65fb5820_c.jpg

This is beautiful! I mean beautiful! I was just talking about what I think the aesthetics of the corporations should be, and let me tell you, this fits exactly with what I think Kawashita builds should look like! Spot on! It's smooth and Japanese feeling! I'd say it looks vaguely like it was taking inspiration from the Tau, the Trade Federation, and/or the Covenant, and that's exactly what I like seeing from Kawashita! The way you created the shape is just stupendous! This is my favorite build from you (build, your stories are on an entirely different level.), and it's also a standout AG build to me. :classic:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

That is sweet! Absolutely love it! Quite the inspiration, really... :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks! The way you are improving I woulden't be surprised if you started making something like this soon :classic:

Dude, this is crazy awesome. :sweet:

Thank you!

This is beautiful! I mean beautiful! I was just talking about what I think the aesthetics of the corporations should be, and let me tell you, this fits exactly with what I think Kawashita builds should look like! Spot on! It's smooth and Japanese feeling! I'd say it looks vaguely like it was taking inspiration from the Tau, the Trade Federation, and/or the Covenant, and that's exactly what I like seeing from Kawashita! The way you created the shape is just stupendous! This is my favorite build from you (build, your stories are on an entirely different level.), and it's also a standout AG build to me. :classic:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Wow! That was nice.

Technically it's not made by Kawashita (but the original patrol craft maybe was :wink:). I'm not familiar with Warmamer (googled Tau) or Halo. The design is mainly from the Slave I.

Ha, stupendous shapes (and unfolding parts) are kind of my thing. (I will soon post some of my old things on Eurobrics, you'll see what I mean)

I actually jojned AG for making small simple things but that failed :laugh: (and Raven's spaceship had to be special)

Edited by EpsilonEta

This is my favorite of the Cat A ships thus far. Like, easily. Such a great silhouette and then you hid all this cool weaponry in it too!? Man, great great work here.

Gorgeous craft! I love how the folded weapons compartments look smooth...just to reveal themselves in their lethal awesomeness.

Oh, wow, the shaping was so perfect I had no idea the weapons would fold out - incredible stuff! :wub:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Yep, I get all of those references, and agree 500%! This is simply BEAUTIFUL! Those curves!!!

Really cool ship, I like those sleak lines and all the weaponry.

Thank you! Realy like your ships too.

This is my favorite of the Cat A ships thus far. Like, easily. Such a great silhouette and then you hid all this cool weaponry in it too!? Man, great great work here.

I'm glad you like it. I think your is the best so then we are even :classic:

Gorgeous craft! I love how the folded weapons compartments look smooth...just to reveal themselves in their lethal awesomeness.

I see a lot of you like the weapons.

I needed defensive weapons (it's not a fighter) but wanted a aerodynamic look. Luckily I like problem solving :grin:

Very sleek design and quite the surprise with those weapons!

Yes, I added them last for effect. I particularly like the last photo (before the spoiler)

Oh, wow, the shaping was so perfect I had no idea the weapons would fold out - incredible stuff! :wub:

Thanks! Wow, those weapons was really popular :classic:

awesome shaping and smooth transitions between sections

Thank you. The front was the last thing I did and it took a lot of trial end error to get finish. Nice to know it got good.

Great ship! It has a Slave 1 feel to it. Love the retractable weapons!

Thanks. Yes, the Slave I was the main inspiration when I designed it for a alien in an old story. Then Raven (also based on a character from those old unfinished stories) got the ship.

Edited by EpsilonEta

Wow, this is outstanding! Superb shaping, lovely color blocking, great details and amazing play features. Perfect build!

Mmmmm, downright sexy shaping and color blocking on this! If I could add one thing, it would be some additional thrusters on the back side of the wings. Awesome, awesome ship though! :thumbup:

Very Streamlined! :thumbup:

Thanks! it was designed with atmispheric flight in mind :laugh:

Wow, this is outstanding! Superb shaping, lovely color blocking, great details and amazing play features. Perfect build!

Thanks! The color blocking got a litle harder when I needed to use dark red and DBG (the original was going to be black)

Ouch! Amazing ship. I love the weapons of course, as well as the cockpit and canopy. But the whole ship is fantastic

Thank you!

Mmmmm, downright sexy shaping and color blocking on this! If I could add one thing, it would be some additional thrusters on the back side of the wings. Awesome, awesome ship though! :thumbup:

Wow, someone noticed! Because the engine sit so high it's not in line with the center of mass. Additional thrusters would be needed to fly in space. Seeing as this sci-fi is very soft I didn't expect anyone to notice :classic:

The original micro version had thrusters on the wings and the large model was supposed to have. The wings even rotate to be able to point those planed thrusters.

14020530411_DISPLAY.jpg

But in the end I couldn't make it look good, mostly because the planed wing part 46413 didn't exist in dark red or DBG.

(Yes, I had planed on making a black version for another “Raven”. When I read about the challenge I dug up my old WIP. If this disqualify me from category A it at least got me to finish my old design that I'm going to use in two different sci-fi universes)

Amazing ship! :wub: The shaping is just so incredible! :drool:

Thank you!

Edited by EpsilonEta