Amazing Bricks

Disney Princess 2016 Rumors and Discussion

How can you tell the character's faces are stickers? I am most disappointed about the big building pieces that just have stickers for windows. I am not even sure that my kids would like those. I would much rather have brick built walls with proper windows. I also agree that Belle is lovely. Not sure if I will get it or not. I will get the Rapunzel set though.

If you look closely at their faces you can see where there is a gap between the sticker and the round tile. I don't know if the 1x1 round bricks are stickers or not though.

The beauty and the beast set is very ugly, even the interior. I am shocked. The minifigures are pretty good though.

And I do not understand the purpose of another Rapunzel tower either. A new hairpiece for her would've been great, one which is unbraided and all the way down to her feet... it's possible no?

Having recently been sucked back into Disney movies on account of the upcoming minifigure series, I've started taking a second look at all of these Disney sets. I will say, shockingly, that I actually like the Beauty and the Beast set.

I'm not opposed to stickers in principle (although I will admit, I do dislike how much detail of this set was created solely by stickers and not bricks), but they're understandably used on certain characters. Not everything can be printed after all--its costly, especially for one time use like these. Bella and Beast are nice--although the latter is ridiculously thin--both are screaming for minifigure variants, plus the all important Gaston! Please Lego! No one bricks like Gaston!

On a side note, is Beast's head actually a hair piece? A 'human' hairpiece is included for his transformation, so I'm wondering if the 'beast' piece is actually just a covering for a normal mini-doll head. That would possibly mean the 'beast' headpiece could be used on minifigures...hopefully that is the case.
:thumbup:

Largely I like this set and I would by it...if it were cheaper. I think the absolute main problem is the price point. It doesn't look or feel like a $50 set. Maybe a $40 or better yet beefed up $30. Subconsciously it just spoils everything else about the set. So I'll be looking out for sales.

No one bricks like Gaston!

Lol I love it. I'm waiting on the stop motion Lego video to this song now.

I think the Beast's hairpiece is removable so he can transform back into the prince. Now as to whether or not TLG made that piece able to fit onto a minifigure..

And price is definitely an issue. If it was cheaper, like Captain Nemo said, then I would probably buy it as well.

On a side note, is Beast's head actually a hair piece? A 'human' hairpiece is included for his transformation, so I'm wondering if the 'beast' piece is actually just a covering for a normal mini-doll head. That would possibly mean the 'beast' headpiece could be used on minifigures...hopefully that is the case.
:thumbup:

I should probably start watching the movies too, never seen a single classic Disney film.

Yeah it's a hat/mask piece.

I'd be happy if the price over here gets down to a $50 equivalent. UK price is $71 equivalent.

$50 is roughly £35 which is about where it should be priced given the license & piece count

Couple of questions: Does Olaf's head brick fit on a regular minifigure neck? And does Beast's "Mask" head fit on regular minifigures heads, or just on minidolls?

Couple of questions: Does Olaf's head brick fit on a regular minifigure neck? And does Beast's "Mask" head fit on regular minifigures heads, or just on minidolls?

I just tried Olaf's head, and yes, it does fit on a standard minifigure neck/body. Which now inspires me to make a Green Lantern Olaf.

I just tried Olaf's head, and yes, it does fit on a standard minifigure neck/body. Which now inspires me to make a Green Lantern Olaf.

Brilliant. I was thinking Sinestro Corps. Thanks!

It seems like both Frozen sets were overstocked, there both on sale on LEGO.com

I wonder will this stop the chances of sets being based off the new Tangled tv series or Maona?

the beauty and the beast set should be bigger piece wise though

At least for the interior, there's like 40 bricks in there :/

I just noticed two things- Rapunzel gets new face, and there is a weird mirror with face in the back of the castle!

I'm sure the only character stickers will be on the 2x2 round tiles.

I just noticed two things- Rapunzel gets new face, and there is a weird mirror with face in the back of the castle!

That's Belle's father in the mirror, I believe.

And it's about time we got new mini doll faces...

Don't go looking for these just yet, but the Target DPCIs are -

Rapunzel - 086-14-0781

Belle - 086-14-1782

Someone from japan posted 2 for sale on ebay (of belles) set for june 3rd release

Woohoo, now how do I go about acquiring just the head?

Best bet is to wait a little bit after the set releases and then buy the singular piece from Bricklink.