Amazing Bricks

Disney Princess 2016 Rumors and Discussion

http://en.brickimedi...s_Best_Day_Ever I'll screenshot anything mini doll related :P

I don't get this set. Why does it exist?

We already have 41054 which does what this set does & a lot more.

If it was a Juniors set, I could possibly slightly understand but as a main line item I can only guess they need to make a minimum number of sets each year or lose the license.

After seeing the video I officially am moving the feather duster into the "KILL IT WITH FIRE" pile of Lego designs. I just find it really unsettling.

Glad to see the new book mold being used. I'll definitely be procuring that piece if nothing else. I will say the mini-dolls on both sets look better than previous years.

I totally understand the Tangled set. It's just a budget version of the previous one and I'm okay with that. I still won't be buying it, but at least I can accept it's existence.

Beast is a mask, not a head, so it should work over any minifigure head.

Thanx for info. :laugh: So perhaps I should start to work again....

I cannot understand the purpose of the Tangled set too much, too. I believe LEGO could manage to find other interesting and iconic scenes from the story. And if it's still based on the tower, I can only tell that Gothel is trolled again.

Edited by Dorayaki

That's literally a smaller remake of the tower set with a swing.

No Snow White set?

Edited by CM4Sci

That's literally a smaller remake of the tower set with a swing.

No Snow White set?

I don't see a Snow White set happening before we get minidoll children which could then be used as dwarves. While there are a lot of characters missing from the DP sets, Snow White without dwarves just doesn't make any sense. Come on Lego, make it happen! I need children for my Friends City (and Police minidolls. And Firefighters. Anything but casual summer clothing!).

Maximus is another huge letdown, but the set itself seems okay. Yes, it's a smaller version of the tower, but I can use the parts and it is a new minidoll design.

Edited by TomKraut

While I'm bummed there's still no Tiana, Snow White or Mulan, the lack of Pocahontas is ridiculous after the inclusion of Wildflower.

This.

Not having kids or babies is strange, considering they did exist in previous Belville figure system and they still seem options for current minidoll themes. in Friends' case, Emma's brother escaping from home was the biggest joke LEGO made. :tongue: I would say it's just fine to make the dwarves remain as minifigures (because of their height), but not sure if LEGO agree.

I don't particularily care for these new sets, but I love how they even included the incorrect nose on Flynn's wanted poster.

A small Snow White set with animals could work. Or with her Prince. The Evil Queen would make a great addition, too. I just really want a Snow White set already! I'm surprised they didn't do at least one set since the movie just re-released (today actually).

Edited by Hythonia

I bought the Juniors version of Cinderella's Carriage (10729) yesterday. This means that I effectively spent €23 on a single minidoll, because I don't have much use for anything else in that set. However, the new dress is so awesome that I don't regret it! I really recommend for anyone interested in the DP line to get that doll, although you might want to Bricklink it because the other parts are seriously awful, except maybe for the printed clock and glass slipper.

Cheers

TomKraut

Edited by TomKraut

Just to let everyone know

The price for belles castle is $50

That's outrageous and disgusting.

What do you think?

What do you think?

That's a lot less then I thought. I might try to get this set at a 20% discount then, instead of going through the hassle of Bricklinking the dolls...

What do you think?

I honestly expected them to charge more for it. All of the DP sets seem to be overpriced in terms of piece count and how the set is done. I was really disappointed in how they did the Belle set so I doubt that I'll actually pick it up. Might Bricklink Belle, but I doubt I'd get Beast. That head looks terrible on a minidoll in my opinion.

I had high hopes for the Belle set originally, but with the pictures we saw at Toy Fair and now these, I just can't find much that I like about it.

It's ugly. But that Belle Minidoll is so beautiful, she might be worth the $50 all by herself...

It's ugly. But that Belle Minidoll is so beautiful, she might be worth the $50 all by herself...

I will agree with you on that. They did a very good job on Belle. Shame it didn't carry over to the rest of the set. I guess I am also partial to Mrs. Potts and Chip. As long as they don't have some stupid sticker to put on them as well...

Does anyone know if the lion head statue (I think that's what it is) is a new piece or has it been used in sets before?

I will agree with you on that. They did a very good job on Belle. Shame it didn't carry over to the rest of the set. I guess I am also partial to Mrs. Potts and Chip. As long as they don't have some stupid sticker to put on them as well...

Does anyone know if the lion head statue (I think that's what it is) is a new piece or has it been used in sets before?

I'm pretty sure I've seen it in the old Harry Potter sets

That part has been around since 2000, appearing in at least 20 sets in various themes ranging from LEGO Studios to Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time to the modular buildings to The LEGO Movie - including, yes, multiple sets in the Harry Potter line and various post-2000 Castle subthemes.

I think I would be a lot more forgiving than most of you are of the Beauty and the Beast castle, if not for the use of stickers. I thought they'd gotten away from stickers for character figures, even "brick-built" ones. I actually kind of like the set otherwise, but those stickers seriously detract from it. If only they'd been prints...

I'm pretty sure I've seen it in the old Harry Potter sets

That part has been around since 2000, appearing in at least 20 sets in various themes ranging from LEGO Studios to Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time to the modular buildings to The LEGO Movie - including, yes, multiple sets in the Harry Potter line and various post-2000 Castle subthemes.

I think I would be a lot more forgiving than most of you are of the Beauty and the Beast castle, if not for the use of stickers. I thought they'd gotten away from stickers for character figures, even "brick-built" ones. I actually kind of like the set otherwise, but those stickers seriously detract from it. If only they'd been prints...

Thanks for both of your answers! I guess I've just never come across that piece before. The Harry Potter sets came out when I was still in my Dark Ages so I had never really looked closely at them. :hmpf_bad:

The stickers do really take away from the set. I can understand some for the building but with the characters I feel like they should have done printed pieces. Also does anyone think that the feather duster looks like a plunger or is that just me?

Edited by blackknightrises

Belle's Enchanted Castle would be good for a parts set at best. The stickered faces are a real turn off and the color scheme is a tad unsettling. Belle is lovely though, I'd consider buying it just for her.

The Rapunzel set is (possibly) unnecessary. But darn it I love the blue flowers, and the swing is pretty cute too.

How can you tell the character's faces are stickers? I am most disappointed about the big building pieces that just have stickers for windows. I am not even sure that my kids would like those. I would much rather have brick built walls with proper windows. I also agree that Belle is lovely. Not sure if I will get it or not. I will get the Rapunzel set though.

Edited by alsielou