Amazing Bricks

Disney Princess 2016 Rumors and Discussion

Interesting, particularly the inclusion of Sven and the 3 Snowgies. Sounds like new molds. :wub:

Too bad the sleigh doesn't have any wolves! Didn't expect them though haha. Also I'm sure they'll add some pink and purple to kristoffs sled.

both of those sets sound great. loving the inclusion of oakens trading post. wonder if the inside will include the sauna? both will be must buys at this stage.

I hope Sven is a new mould and not brick built. I would like moulded reindeer for my Christmas village display. The brick built ones whilst nice don’t really fit with all the other moulded animals.

I'm suprised we are getting a Frozen Fever set

Is this the first time we get a set based on a Disney short?

Why do they not have normal mini figs

Either:

1) Lego doesn't think girls are attracted to "minifigs" unless they're dolls and are more feminine in feature

or

2) Lego doesn't think boys will want toys based on these properties

I'd say a bit of both.

Either:

1) Lego doesn't think girls are attracted to "minifigs" unless they're dolls and are more feminine in feature

or

2) Lego doesn't think boys will want toys based on these properties

I'd say a bit of both.

The assumption kinda ignores one thing: minidolls do have clear taget at girls since the beginning, however, it's not said that minifigures just sell to boys and don't sell to girls. Minifigures have been growing diversity and some do show pretty much feminine treats which both genders accept. Disney minifigures have been spoken by fans indeed.

Just considering that the exclusive headpart molds are done, it's not a big deal for LEGO to do minifigures. The problem is LEGO haven't don't this kind of thing for any of their mini-doll character so far for unknown reason. It'd be nice if both versions are made to cover different customers.

Edited by Dorayaki

The minidoll itself was likely TLG trying to capture a portion of the doll buying market (non-Lego buyers), as they have tried in the past. This time it seems to have worked, as I have seen minidoll sets in the doll aisle of several retailers, and there have been knock-offs. The minidoll also looks a lot like Polly Pocket, which had a major following in the US.

As to Disney Princesses: since it is a Disney brand that has multiple products, including My Size dolls, it is likely that Disney wanted the figures to as resemble the characters as closely as possible. The minidolls do that. This is all about targeted marketing of the Disney Princesses brand, which Disney tightly controls.

The minidoll itself was likely TLG trying to capture a portion of the doll buying market (non-Lego buyers), as they have tried in the past. This time it seems to have worked, as I have seen minidoll sets in the doll aisle of several retailers, and there have been knock-offs. The minidoll also looks a lot like Polly Pocket, which had a major following in the US.

As to Disney Princesses: since it is a Disney brand that has multiple products, including My Size dolls, it is likely that Disney wanted the figures to as resemble the characters as closely as possible. The minidolls do that. This is all about targeted marketing of the Disney Princesses brand, which Disney tightly controls.

True, Polly Pocket was one of my oldest memories and LEGO minidolls did kinda remind me of that :p.

As you say, the main targeted girls are more accustomed to doll-like figures and indeed LEGO minidoll is a prior choice for this franchise. Just not sure if LEGO has a chance to do both figures if minidolls have fulfilled their very first need.

Palace Pets are garbage (says someone who isn't in the target demo at all :grin: ). Each are one of what seems to be three new moulds with recolors and printing differences. NO mini-dolls in these sets. You got a medium size palace (which, if it's cheap enough, will be okay) set. A very small pool set. A very small market/bakery/whatever you like set. And a $20ish looking carriage set. They'll fit mini-dolls, but yeah, none included.

Juniors has minidolls! :sad: We have a downsized version of the 2014 Cinderella Cariage (with Cinderella and the prince). There's also another set with Ariel and the fish guy that is super similair to the 2014 one, just comes with a dolphin and one of those Juniors wall pieces this time.

The two Frozen sets are very neat. The palace comes with special clothing Elsa and a new Anna that may have a new hairpiece! Also comes with Olaf and the little snowie things are just a minifigure head with a ball piece on top. The smaller set comes with a new Reindeer mould (not finalised, but looking fantastic), the blonde guy, and the same Anna as last year, with a little tree and market facade build that I think is the place that Anna went into to get gear in the film.

Haven't seen the others.

I've got pics - I can post descriptions tomorrow.

This post is unnecessary. Only post once you have something to say, not just to tease that you will have something to say.

Palace Pets are garbage (says someone who isn't in the target demo at all :grin: ). Each are one of what seems to be three new moulds with recolors and printing differences. NO mini-dolls in these sets. You got a medium size palace (which, if it's cheap enough, will be okay) set. A very small pool set. A very small market/bakery/whatever you like set. And a $20ish looking carriage set. They'll fit mini-dolls, but yeah, none included.

Juniors has minidolls! :sad: We have a downsized version of the 2014 Cinderella Cariage (with Cinderella and the prince). There's also another set with Ariel and the fish guy that is super similair to the 2014 one, just comes with a dolphin and one of those Juniors wall pieces this time.

The two Frozen sets are very neat. The palace comes with special clothing Elsa and a new Anna that may have a new hairpiece! Also comes with Olaf and the little snowie things are just a minifigure head with a ball piece on top. The smaller set comes with a new Reindeer mould (not finalised, but looking fantastic), the blonde guy, and the same Anna as last year, with a little tree and market facade build that I think is the place that Anna went into to get gear in the film.

Haven't seen the others.

It's okay, you can use their proper names (Flounder, Snowgies, Kristoff, and Wandering Oaken's). We don't judge.

Groovebricks published a list of 2016 Lego sets:

http://www.groovebricks.com/lego-2016-set-lists-and-prices/

In the Junior line, there are some Disney Princess sets, namely Ariel’s Dolphin Coach (10723) and Cinderella’s Fairy Tale Coach (10729). In between sits The Lost Temple (10725). Assuming this is from the Princess line as well, does anyone have an idea, based on the set name, from which movie this could be?

Groovebricks published a list of 2016 Lego sets:

http://www.groovebri...sts-and-prices/

In the Junior line, there are some Disney Princess sets, namely Ariel’s Dolphin Coach (10723) and Cinderella’s Fairy Tale Coach (10729). In between sits The Lost Temple (10725). Assuming this is from the Princess line as well, does anyone have an idea, based on the set name, from which movie this could be?

Wayyy old news. I've even got pictures of all of them.

Ariel's Dolphin Coach is just a small purple chariot let by a dolphin. There's a wall.

Cinderella's is just a junior-ized version of the carriage she had before. Small castle wall that has the really old goblet piece which is nice. Last time I saw it was the Vampyre Castle. Prince guy is there too.

Did I mention the theme has a new logo, too?

PDHMS3b.png

Wayyy old news. I've even got pictures of all of them.

Ariel's Dolphin Coach is just a small purple chariot let by a dolphin. There's a wall.

Cinderella's is just a junior-ized version of the carriage she had before. Small castle wall that has the really old goblet piece which is nice. Last time I saw it was the Vampyre Castle. Prince guy is there too.

Did I mention the theme has a new logo, too?

PDHMS3b.png

Can we see the pictures please. I would like to see the set with the hopper and loading chute

Edited by 9v system