Gaaaaah those product animations are adorable!

Aaaaah they really are! :wub:

As a side note, when I see animations like these ones, I can't help but continue to wonder whether we might see mini-doll characters in The Lego Movie 2. Obviously these animations are quite a bit different from those (with a lot more "cheats" where the figures' arms and legs move unrealistically), but just seeing how adorable the faces alone can be when they're animated makes me hopeful!

Hahahaha, I loved those. I love how they go in depth and... explain things, the functions and all while still having the characters have reactions and whatnot. :grin:

I build all the sets and wanted to let you all know what my thoughts are.

I already wrote about 41174 The Starlight Inn and 41172 Water Dragon Adventure.

41171 Emily Jones and the Baby Wind Dragon: It's a fun little set. The landscape piece looks real good, there's a little cave and some other nice details. The play feature doesn't make that much sense to me.

41173 Elvendale School of Dragons: Great set, with great value for money. It's a € 20,00 (or $) set, but it looks like a € 28,00 set to me. Tidus is a great figure and the set features lots of small details. The Dragon School Banner is a personal favourite of mine.

41175 Fire Dragon's Lava Cave: Another great set, The Dragon is the biggest so far, but it has very limited poseability. The Water Dragon Merina (from set 41172) had it's legs farther away fron it's body, allowing for greater movement. With the Fire Dragon Zonya the ball joints are incapsulated in bricks, thus restricting the movement to forward-backward and only allowing them to bend inward, under the body. The extra parts of this set are great, the lava cave has a nice sliding lava-fall and the evil well and small campfire really ad value to this set.

41176 The Secret Market Place: I know I'm repeating myself, but it's a Great set. When it was announced the RRP was supposed to be € 60,00 but it turned out to be € 70,00. And to be honest it looks a bit small for € 70,00 but with 691 parts, the price per part contradicts me. I think it looks small to me because of the dragon, he takes up quite a lot of parts which makes te buildings smaller of course. Thorne the Dragon has the same articulation (or lack thereof) as Zpnya. He is my favourite dragon though. Mainly because of the nice colour scheme, the different colour lower jaw end the chest on his back. The buildings are great, lots of detail. One thing that made me laugh really hard, espetially with Owliver in it, was hidden in the attic of the post-office, go check it out :wink: I'm not saying anymore. Last bit of criticism is Farrans new face, he looks a bit goofy with that smile.

I also got an extra dragon wing, but I don't think it was supposed to be included.

Overall a great wave for Elves' second year. Definitely worth the long wait.

I liked the linking elements, like a trans-pink 1x2 brick with two trans cheeseslopes on top. Evey set has atleast one, giving al the sets a nice sence of consistency. All the big foiliage pieces were in dark pink instead of dark purple. It looked good, but I would have liked to see the purple ones again.

Anybody agree of totally disagree with me, let me know, I'd like to discuss these sets some more.

I got myself Starlight Inn. The set is really cozy and it's great build, but I don't like how they added a cellar instead of beefing up main building. The back seems unfinished as there is problem to put figs anywere. I like the fireplace - you can turn on fire in it!

But my favorite part is the dragon egg. It's so beautiful if exposed in light!

Personally, even if I want to buy everything now. I wait dubbed VIP points. And most interesting free promotional bags.

But...when I see animations like these, ones those product animations are too attractive !

Edited by Euphorine

Took advantage of the points promotion today to get my Elves sets. Patiently awaiting the Sira polybag and bonus points promotion to get Fire Dragon's Lava Cave and The Starlight Inn.

Yes just like me! :laugh: I'm going to buy today all products except Fire Dragon's Lava Cave, The Starlight Inn and The Secret Market Place to obtain more Sira polybags and bonus points promotion in april

Yes just like me! :laugh: I'm going to buy today all products except Fire Dragon's Lava Cave, The Starlight Inn and The Secret Market Place to obtain more Sira polybags and bonus points promotion in april

Where do you find which sets are going to have bonus points?

Where do you find which sets are going to have bonus points?

In the Lego calendars generally, available somewhere on the Lego website (I usually just google 'Lego April Calendar to find it faster). *Promotions will vary from country to country though. This is what is listed in the North American April Calendar:

All of April: VIPs get bonus points on 'The Starlight Inn' and 'Fire Dragon's Lava Cave' sets

April 25-May 8: Free Sira polybag with a $35+ Elves/Friends/Disney purchase

Currently it is double VIP points from March 7-22, with a free Ninjago polybag with purchase of $35+ on any sets.

Edited by Iria

Sarah, I view the Lego store calendar for each month as soon as they are released. That's how I know of the promotions. To see them, go to: http://stores.lego.com

Edited by OmShanti

In the Lego calendars generally, available somewhere on the Lego website (I usually just google 'Lego April Calendar to find it faster). *Promotions will vary from country to country though. This is what is listed in the North American April Calendar:

All of April: VIPs get bonus points on 'The Starlight Inn' and 'Fire Dragon's Lava Cave' sets

April 25-May 8: Free Sira polybag with a $35+ Elves/Friends/Disney purchase

Currently it is double VIP points from March 7-22, with a free Ninjago polybag with purchase of $35+ on any sets.

AH. I see. THe part about the VIP points is on the 2nd page. (Which I was not able to see until I downloaded the calendar by accident)

No such offer yet confirmed in France :cry_sad:

Lego, I want the Sira's polybag! pleeeeeeease!

I can MOC it.

But pleeeeeeeease!

It took all day for me in the Netherlands, but I finally got an e-mail about the double VIP points.

Nothing to see on the site though. The double points only appear when I put something in the shopping cart.

41176 The Secret Market Place: I know I'm repeating myself, but it's a Great set. When it was announced the RRP was supposed to be € 60,00 but it turned out to be € 70,00. And to be honest it looks a bit small for € 70,00 but with 691 parts, the price per part contradicts me.

Thanks for your review/comments. Much appreciated

NB : You are unlucky, in a lot of EU countries (the usual suspects : France, Germany...) it costs 60€

and 55€ in Amazon germany with a free delivery to NL no ?

http://www.pricevortex.com/#lego-elves

Just curious, which sets from 2015 would you consider the best ?

I am afraid the secret Market place will make me enter into buying Lego Elves... (I got Azari Bakery with a nice discount but for the pieces...)

I will probably manipulate my second son to want them for his 4th Birthday...

My 8 years old collecting Ninjago, it will be a nice complement to the family.

Strangely my wife is much more into Elves than Nexo Knights and Bionicles... :classic:

And I will buy 2 elves playmate, 50% discount on Lego shop

NB : You are unlucky, in a lot of EU countries (the usual suspects : France, Germany...) it costs 60€

and 55€ in Amazon germany with a free delivery to NL no ?

http://www.pricevortex.com/#lego-elves

Yeah I know. It seems to me that a lot of Lego's products have a higher price in the Netherlands. And with the euro currently at $ 1,10 we get an even worse deal.

But luckely there are shops that have lower prices, I bought my Secret Market Place on Schmetstoys.nl for € 54,95, so that's a real good price.

Of all the 2015 sets the Treetop Hideaway (41075) is my definite favourite. It looks beautyfull, has a lot of play-features and small details. To me it looks better, both in design and considering it 'only' had 500 parts, then Skyra's Mysterious Castle (41078) which costs about twice as much. If I had to choose between two Treetop Hideaways or one Skycastle I would pick the Treetop Hideaway all day long.

I also loved the Magical Bakery (41074) great design and colours.

Yeah, you should really get the Playmats, the are absolutely huge, especially when you put them next to one another. I wish I had the space to display them with al the sets on it, but alas.

On reddit many people seem to agree that the ship was the strongest one. I like the treehouse, but though it looks gorgeous on illustrations, I feel it didn't translate well to a Lego set. Maybe if the trees were less tall and there was more livable space... and a smaller base with those rounded plates in it - they DO look more organic. (This is also true for the bakery - more walls, less square baseplate and it would've been perfect.)

My personal favourite has to be Crystal Hollow, but that's just because it's what pushed me from zero to "what's this AFOL thing you speak of?". I wish I could find out who the designer is so I can give them an internet hug. :D

Edited by FortNerd

The Adventure Ship, Pegasus Sleigh, and Sky Castle are all great sets, IMO. The Treetop Hideaway is nice too, but I wouldn't rank it as highly as those other three. Crystal Hollow is great if you want something more impulse-priced.

thank you all for your advises/comments. I went to see the reviews of the mentioned sets. Within 2015 sets, I think I will go for the Ship and the Sleigh (they are both at 30% discount on amazon.fr by the way). I prefer the design of 2016 sets, but I feel without vehicles, they stand incomplete by themselves. I know dragons are kinda replacing vehicles, complementing the lovely buildings with their swooshability... But 1 or 2 dragons is enough for me, don't want to be tented to collect them all. Same for the buildings, would love to collect a village, but don't want to invest too much in the theme. I like the Treetop, but prefer the Market. A very good stand alone location. And would rather get the Ragana castle rather than the sky castle for diversity sake (and for the outstanding look !! :wub: )...

If my son is into it, I will then consider buying secondary sets for the figs/babydragons etc... like the dragon school, the Mine... The Sanctuary has a very good value (585pc/50$), but I feel it's more for the dragons collectors... Same for the Queen Dragon rescue... (833 pc/70$). Perfect to complement the castle, but together they make a 170$ set... And I would get it more for the building than the dragon... (but I guess my son will differ :classic: and after all will need more than a few sets to fill 2 playmates... :blush: ).

(PS : like Ninjago, I feel Elves 2016 is uncannily well thought in term of "we will make you buy them all". The baby dragons are too cute, and who would like orphans baby dragon without their respective mums...)

(PPS : as oppose to Nexo Knights, for me, the value of the elves sets is not into the minifigs, rather easy to collect/bricklink (except Ragana) but into the awesome buildings, trees, rocks...). For example, I would love to buy the Lava cave without figs and dragon...

Edited by ChristopheQ

Sky Castle is Beautiful, but very limited for a playset it supposed to be.

I would say Ship and Treehouse - If you get these sets you will get all the characters, both sets compliment eachother, and they have great pieces and playability.

Edited by Lordofdragonss

Do we know, or is their a consensus on guessing if Lego will produce (or not) new Lego Elves in 2017 ? The theme looks very successful and the good thing with Fantasy is that the possibilities are endless.... Any wild guess on a possible theme ? Dragons will be hard to beat... (but TLG designs keep impressing me, so...). Could they make winged mini-dolls ? (Butterfly/dragonfly/Faery style) It would be beautiful...

Edited by ChristopheQ

I suppose elves could just keep on going for a while. There is a mermaid tail available for mini-dolls that could lead to underwater adventures. Just like other Action and Adventure themes, changing the environment is a great way to extend a theme.