Nah, someone probably just realized "April = Easter = eggs = dragon eggs!" and went with that.

Except, of course, that Easter is March this year.

That Starlight inn set looks like it may work well as an expandable modular building.

I think a mod of it could look really good in the winter village, too!

I think a mod of it could look really good in the winter village, too!

Ha, that's actually a really nice idea I haven't seen mentioned elsewhere. Come to think of it, there are a lot of Elves parts that might look good in a Winter Village set... the only reason we haven't seen them used in one of the sets yet is probably just because we haven't gotten an "original" Winter Village set since the theme's debut. :P

Alright team! I got Water Dragon Adventure and the Emily Jones set. My personal impressions after assembling the whole thing:

- I thought I would love the adult dragon. I's very pretty, I certainly like the head, but the whole thing put together looks a bit awkward, and MORE IMPORTANTLY is a b***ch to pose and display.

- Finally, I have a baby dragon and it is PERFECT <3 (* I don't own Aira's sleigh) Seriously, I adore it! It's so small! And its wings, spine and belly are actually transparent! :o Baby dragons - adult dragons 1:0

- A warning for all aspiring dragon egg owners: Don't. close. the. egg. all. the. way. OR you'll never open it again. Probably.

- I want to marry whoever designs all those lovely terrain builds.

Edited by FortNerd

It's really simple to open the dragon eggs once they're closed completely, just use a fingernail or a lego crowbar to pop it open.

It's disappointing to hear about the water dragon, I've really been looking forward to getting that set.

Has this display case been mentioned yet?

http://shop.lego.com/en-BE/Me-My-Dragon-Display-853564

Carry your baby dragons and eggs in style!

Bring your baby dragons and eggs from the wonderful LEGO® Elves world along in this multi-functional carry and display case, featuring a drawer and 3 open compartments with baseplate lining. Open the cover to reveal a small playmat and let the LEGO Elves adventures begin!

• Features a sturdy cardboard carry case with a drawer and 3 open compartments.
  • Shelves feature baseplate lining to secure your collection.
  • A great way to store and display all your favorite LEGO® Elves baby dragons and eggs.
  • This item offers an age-appropriate experience for ages 6 and over.
  • Mini-doll carry case measures over 5” (14cm) high, 9” (23cm) wide and 1” (5cm) deep.
  • Shelves each measure over 4” (11cm) wide and 1” (5cm) deep.

I saw that in someone's YouTube video from Legoland. I didn't realize it had baseplates! This could solve some of my displaying dilemmas, especially IF I could add a clear plastic window to keep dust away. We'll see.

Edited by FortNerd

All the sets arrived today, so I'm having a great day. :laugh:

I started with The Starlight Inn, definitely my favourite. And let me tell you, it did not disappoint.

The design is great, and the attention to detail is amazing. I was also surprised by the use of two types of plastic on Spark the baby dragon, he has trans red wings, spikes and belly.

And I love the small printed compass tile and the printed windows.

I'm sorry FortNerd, but I don't agree with you on the Water Dragon, Merina. I'm really impressed with the movements and poseability. This is, however, the first buildable figure/animal I have, so I have no comparison. But I really think the poses you can put her in are very diverse and life-like.

I'll try to spread the building of the sets out over two days, but I'm afraid I can't wait and end up building 'em all today. I'll let you guys know what my opinion of the other sets is.

Got the Inn too today, and my only complaint is that there isn't enough of it. I love the new compass piece, the tea pot, the little printed windows- well everything really. I'm pretty sure I will buy a second one to turn it into a more substantial building.

That display case is epic! I'm going to have to get one.

Glad to hear about the water dragon set vampirerichard. I don't have many brick built creatures either, so I'm sure I'll be happy with the set.

For those who have the Starlight Inn, is that a star map I see above Azari's bed? Glad to hear that the windows are printed, I was curious about that.

I'm so excited for all of these sets, I don't know if I can wait until the 7th to take advantage of the points promotion.

My brother just realized something about set 41175 Fire Dragon's Lava Cave. It seems like the top section of the Shadow Fountain can replace the parts from the Fire Dragon's forehead and be used for the evil mask/helmet (as seen in this image) from the story!

Interesting note for Elves fans, in this video interview with LEGO CEO about their profit release for 2015 he mentions that "we had ourselves massive success with the introduction of LEGO Elves."

http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/01/news/companies/lego-toys-sales/

So its likely that there will be more waves in 2017.

I also heard that Elves were among the most popular themes the previous year, so I also hope we are going to have more sets next year. Wonder, what the next sub-theme is going to look like?

Wonder, what the next sub-theme is going to look like?

Dark elves woud be neat

Not as catchy as the previous one, but still very nice!

Not as catchy no, but I like this one way more. It sounds more like a song that you could hear on, say, MTV. More pop potential, or something.

FortNerd, thanx for the share.

I would love a minidolls space theme! Or just a science fiction like setting. Lots of odd colors and outrageous technology, something like that.

If they release Dark elves figures next year, that would be a bomb! I will probably buy all sets then