Maybe this should go in the BSTF forum instead, but my local Walmarts have a handful of Elves sets on rollback--both the Treetop Hideaway and Secret marketplace for $10 off, and the Pegasus sleigh (can't remember the discount). Might be worth checking out at your local WM.

Edited by rodiziorobs

Those are some awesome creations! In times of slow news, it's more acceptable, but prefereably it should have to add something to the set discussion in some way, I think.

All the new sets were on the shelves today at my Target in the US. Was very tempted to get the queen dragon, but remembered by set backlog and decided to wait for a deal.

Wow, this summer came so fast :) I want to buy big set in autumn to my birthday, can't decide what castle is better - Skyra's or Ragana's. I like that Skyra's color scheme fit better to other sets I have, I think it's good for building mocs, but Ragana's is soo cool and dark...and also have great details :)

Ragana. As much I like Skyra castle it's very weak set. It gives great pieces but playability and displaybility seems low. Also Ragana castle has much more pieces for same price.

I love Skyra's castle on a conceptual level (i.e. having a different area for each of the four elements), and it's more livable than the typical LEGO castle due to having a bath, dining area, kitchen, and study in addition to the usual throne room. But Ragana's castle is on a whole other level, what with having almost all of the trademark LEGO castle play features (throne room, dungeon, catapult/siege engine, traps) in addition to a bedroom, bathroom, foyer, and… well, I guess the area with the cauldron could arguably qualify as a kitchen. The only features it lacks that other LEGO castles generally have are a drawbridge, a portcullis, and armaments on the castle itself.

Ragana's castle also has lots of detail for both the front/exterior and back/interior, whereas the design of Skyra's castle makes the back fairly bland in terms of both visuals and playability. So if we get future castles in LEGO Elves, I would hope for them to be more like Ragana's.

Finally, Ragana's castle is nice and spooky, which is cool since it's been a long time since any other non-licensed theme has had an evil castle above the $50 price point. Though I suppose Nexo Knights is also breaking that same barrier this year with Jestro's Volcano Lair.

I picked up Nadia's ship today for 50% off at Walmart. I had been hesitating on it as too colorful, but its a nice set. They also had Skyra's castle for 50% off and it was very tempting to buy another for parts.

Are Elves sets on sale a lot in your regions? They seem to be discounted a lot more than Friends and Disney Princess and I'm rather nervous it could be replaced with DC Superhero Girls.

Are Elves sets on sale a lot in your regions? They seem to be discounted a lot more than Friends and Disney Princess and I'm rather nervous it could be replaced with DC Superhero Girls.

I haven't seen them on sale a lot in Virginia, and considering how both the range of sets and the media profile have gotten a lot bigger over the past year, it doesn't seem to me like this would be its last year. If it were to be replaced, I don't see DC Super Hero Girls being what it's replaced with.

DC superhero girls are confirmed by Hulk Smash to be minifigs not mini dolls.

Here is what he said:

Seeing as how I don't know where to put it but it pertains to both DC and 2017, the long rumoured DC Superheroes Girls sets are coming next year, and it seems like they are minifigures not minidolls.

This is the Elves thread......

I don't think Elves is noticeably more discounted than Friends. I saw some 50% off pop star sets next to those Elves sets which BTW quickly sold out. This is contrary to for example Bionicle which has 50% off sets that just sit there for weeks (and hence that theme WAS canceled).

The only sets I've seen any substantial discounts on so far are ones from last summer or earlier. And it's not at all abnormal for sets from a full year ago to see discounts, particularly for narrative-driven story themes like Elves or Ninjago.

On another note, only two days until the summer Elves sets are released in the U.S.! I plan to get every one of them a week from now when I'm at BrickFair and can make a Lego store run with friends.

Edited by Lyichir

Ok Guys, I noticed something VERY cool.

In the mines there is a mouse who is a miner.

41177%20LEGO%20Elves%20The%20Precious%20Crystal%20Mine%20-06-500x500.jpg

Watching Jangs review on Queen Dragon rescue (

) I noticed there is a mouse trapped in the castle! Dusty also has 2 crystals on his bedsite - one is the heartshaped - the special crystal made by Miner mouse!

In conclusion I think it's the little wife/husband/bro of miner mouse in the castle!

Edited by Lordofdragonss

Ok Guys, I noticed something VERY cool.

In the mines there is a mouse who is a miner.

Watching Jangs review on Queen Dragon rescue (

) I noticed there is a mouse trapped in the castle! Dusty also has 2 crystals on his bedsite - one is the heartshaped - the special crystal made by Miner mouse!

In conclusion I think it's the little wife/husband/bro of miner mouse in the castle!

Yup. I think the set descriptions pretty much confirm it, though they don't specify their exact relationship:

Sneak inside the castle tower to free the captive Queen dragon!

The Elf Witch's minion, Dusti the evil fox, is guarding the castle tower and the captive Queen dragon! Help Emily Jones and Azari sneak in and find the key to unlock the chains. Make your way across the lava pit with Azari's powers and distract Dusti. Join Emily while she bonds with the Queen dragon as Azari unlocks the chains, then hop on the dragon's back with the girls and fly away!

• Includes Emily Jones and Azari mini-doll figures, plus Elandra the Queen dragon, Dusti the evil fox and a mouse.
  • Features a 2-story castle tower with bedroom and cave, opening dungeon gate, chain and shackles to bind the Queen dragon and a ballista that shoots blasts of “poison”.
  • Turn the “hidden” green crystal to move the stepping stones across the lava.
  • Push the lever to open the dungeon door and find the captured mouse from the Crystal Mine.
  • Find the key in the fox's bedroom andfree the Queen dragon from her shackles.
  • Accessory elements include the Book of Dragons, capes for Emily and Azari, a hood for Azari, hourglass, fish, sack, crystal heart, potion, cheese, key and a diamond brick.
  • This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 9-12.
  • Castle tower measures over 7” (18cm) high, 3” (9cm) wide and 9” (25cm) deep.
  • Elandra the Queen dragon measures over 3” (10cm) high, 15” (40cm) long and has a wingspan of 15” (40cm).

Ragana's castle looks perfect! It's on my to-buy list when I get off my holiday in September. I've always enjoyed the Lego Elves stuff, I think the builds are fantastic and even though I'm not a HUGE fan of Minidolls, I think they really work for the Elves.

I wonder where they'll go with the theme next; I'd kinda like a snow theme, with like snow creators and winter clothes for the elves. Maybe they could create a new villain that's done an Elsa and frozen the Elvendale over or something.

Ragana's castle looks perfect! It's on my to-buy list when I get off my holiday in September. I've always enjoyed the Lego Elves stuff, I think the builds are fantastic and even though I'm not a HUGE fan of Minidolls, I think they really work for the Elves.

I just picked that set up this weekend. It's easily my favorite Lego set in years. It packs in a ton of fun features and clever details, not to mention a whole lot of charm and personality. And the color scheme is great. The black, purple, and lime green really pop. The Elves product team is crushing it.

Bought the Shadow Castle, Queen Dragon's Rescue, and Dragon Sanctuary on Sunday, and have built the first two. Both are fantastic builds! Even before I had them, I felt like the Shadow Castle delivered more of what I've always wanted in a LEGO castle than any Castle set ever has, and building it just reinforced that. Brilliantly constructed, elaborately furnished, and packed with playability. And this is still at the same $100 price point that all the flagship LEGO castles have been for over a decade now! I can only imagine how incredible it might've been at a $120 price point like the flagship Ninjago, Chima, and Nexo Knights sets tend to have.

Elandra the Queen Dragon is massive and majestic, with very lifelike curves and a gorgeous color scheme. Her wings are more articulated than the other dragons, and her hips and shoulders less so, but this is understandable as the legs need to support much more weight than the other dragons'. The custom-built wings are a little messy looking from underneath, particularly near the joint, but otherwise look great. The saddle is well constructed too.

The spooky atmosphere of both sets is fantastic. I love how the foliage of the Shadowlands has sickly green thorns and hanging moss in place of flowers, and the sharp stalagmites also lend a sense of danger. Instead of crystals in calming pink and blue, the crystals in the new sets use an eerie combination of blue and green. The lava which in other sets felt fairly contained is expanded to a huge and perilous-looking river, while the rushing blue waters that appeared in other sets are reduced to a weak trickle. At the same time, the lavender stone established in the first half of this year continues to appear here, offsetting the darker black and grey buildings, and the evil-looking architecture is still just as interwoven with its environment as the more rustic buildings elsewhere in the theme. Ragana's potion-brewing lab/kitchen and Jynx's bed are both wholly situated in trees that grow out of the sides of the Shadow Castle.

Overall I love the track that LEGO Elves is on and I'm excited to see what the future holds!

I had silly thought that if someone would gather all the dragons he may construct Tiamat from D'n'D :) Nice plan for villain like Ragana, may be she need baby dragons for that? Oh theese imaginations at 2 a.m...

Its good to see there finally being an evil side to the Elves. We need more sets for Ragana. Hopefully next year she gets her own Black and dark purple dragon. :D

I'm not a fan of the Elves dolls themselves so Maleficent has taken over the castle for herself. It looks like it was built for her.

I'm not a fan of the Elves dolls themselves so Maleficent has taken over the castle for herself. It looks like it was built for her.

Good call. I'm not keen on the castle, personally, as it's a little too wacky in some places and girly in others, but Maleficent would fit in there beautifully.

I have the new magazine. There is no hint of the Spring set, though I guess that is so it keeps the 2017 theme more of a surprise. An evil kitty with small throne and potion is a neat little set for under £4.